Answers to FAQ

23 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Hi, 

Im bringing my 13 year old daughter and this will be our first comic con ever! 

I'm feeling a little daunted by it all as I'm autistic and my daughter has a lot of pain from hypermobility, especially her knees and ankles. 

I'm going to ask if our doctor would do a letter for my daughter but I was just wondering how does it work if my daughter is entitled to assistance. Do we both go to that area or do I have to get my tickets collected separately? We are arriving late morning Saturday and have tickets for the Saturday and Sunday (got diamond passes for tom Ellis on Sunday). Do we get all our tickets on the Saturday or do we need to queue up again for them on the Sunday?

Also is it ok for my daughter to bring a small foldable stool (it's very compact) to rest on whilst waiting for things? 

Sorry for the probably silly questions but it's all new to me and better to ask than worry :) 

Maybe someone else can help you more than me but here is a lot of extra info about your questions. http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/accessibility

You can collect your Tom Ellis Diamond Pass on saturday and I guess it's okay to bring a foldable stool with you.

Edited by The_batflash123
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keepingmesane said:

Hi, 

I'm feeling a little daunted by it all as I'm autistic and my daughter has a lot of pain from hypermobility, especially her knees and ankles. 

I'm going to ask if our doctor would do a letter for my daughter but I was just wondering how does it work if my daughter is entitled to assistance. Do we both go to that area or do I have to get my tickets collected separately? We are arriving late morning Saturday and have tickets for the Saturday and Sunday (got diamond passes for tom Ellis on Sunday). Do we get all our tickets on the Saturday or do we need to queue up again for them on the Sunday?

Also is it ok for my daughter to bring a small foldable stool (it's very compact) to rest on whilst waiting for things? 

Sorry for the probably silly questions but it's all new to me and better to ask than worry :) 

I apologize in Advance. Heatwave isn't even at it's peak and my brain is already fried.

Your tickets are e-tickets, the only ticket you Need to physically pick up is the Tom Ellis Diamond Pass.

May I suggest you both apply for the extra Help? We do have autistic attendees who have relied on the support before. If you do have some documentation as outlined in the link this wouldn't be a Problem.

Thanks, unfortunately I only have my original private diagnosis from years ago and don't know if that will cover it from the list. I'm not 100% that the doctors will do a letter for my daughter but it's worth a try and otherwise I'm just prepping things to take to make her day a bit easier :) 

good to know about the tickets thanks, I wasn't sure how it worked :) 

9 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Thanks, unfortunately I only have my original private diagnosis from years ago and don't know if that will cover it from the list. I'm not 100% that the doctors will do a letter for my daughter but it's worth a try and otherwise I'm just prepping things to take to make her day a bit easier :) 

good to know about the tickets thanks, I wasn't sure how it worked :) 

And if you can use Eventbrite’s app you have the tickets there too, if you are unable to print. A good backup anyway. I have only used iphone ”wallet” tickets and Eventbrite’s app tickets.

Edited by Chris1970

Hi there. First ever con event for me. Can i ask a stupid question? I'm a bit confused about what you get for the photo shoot as opposed to autograph. For example, from the FAQs in this thread, I've understood that if I pay for an item of mine to be autographed, MOST guests would be ok for me to have a quick selfie taken with them. Have I understood that right? So if that is the case, what is the point of the photo shoot and how does it differ from a selfie? 

6 minutes ago, Passenger58 said:

Hi there. First ever con event for me. Can i ask a stupid question? I'm a bit confused about what you get for the photo shoot as opposed to autograph. For example, from the FAQs in this thread, I've understood that if I pay for an item of mine to be autographed, MOST guests would be ok for me to have a quick selfie taken with them. Have I understood that right? So if that is the case, what is the point of the photo shoot and how does it differ from a selfie? 

Hello, welcome to these events, and I hope you have a great time at your first one. Ask all the questions you need to. :D

The selfies would be taken at the guest's signing table, if the guest is doing them. They would be free, quick photos which you can take on your phone or camera. The photo shoots are photos taken professionally by crew members at the event, with proper cameras, lighting etc. So a photo shoot photo is generally of a much better quality than anything you can achieve with a selfie, and you get a printed 6x9 copy of your photo. 

As for the point of photo shoots, they are guaranteed, so if you pay for a photo with a guest you are guaranteed to get that photo so long as you are at their photo area at the correct time (the schedule will be published about a week before the event). Some people get photos because they like having the piece of mind, knowing they are definitely going to meet that guest, rather than try for an auto on the day and risk missing out on meeting that person. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

To add to what the Dalek has said, there is no guarantee that a guest will be doing selfies at all. Especially if the guest is very busy. And you won’t find out if they are doing selfies or not until you are at the show. If you definitely want a photo with a guest, the proper photoshoot is the way to go.

8 minutes ago, Passenger58 said:

What Dalek said.  It's safe to assume that the big names won't be doing selfies, at least on Saturday, probably Sunday as well as they are the busiest days and selfies do slow the auto queues down if lots of people want them.

The photo shoot is guaranteed as long as you are at the booth whilst the session is on so you know you will get it, Whereas you don't know if you will be allowed to take a selfie.

1 minute ago, Dr.1963 said:

I was wondering if someone could help me, how do you up your rank? Thanks, :coolthumb:

It's linked to the number of posts you do. Goes up for every 100 up to 1000. Then every 250 posts up to 2000. And so on. I did see a chart once but can't remember where. One of the longer serving forum members may know more.

10 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

I was wondering if someone could help me, how do you up your rank? Thanks, :coolthumb:

Just keep doing what you've just done: comment. lol The more comments you post, the higher your rank. Here's a link to the blocks of ranks:

7 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

It's linked to the number of posts you do. Goes up for every 100 up to 1000. Then every 250 posts up to 2000. And so on. I did see a chart once but can't remember where. One of the longer serving forum members may know more.

Thank you Peter Capaldi fan and wjbleming. :coolthumb:

Edited by Dr.1963

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Of course, there are those of us who have had titles thrust upon us by our gracious mods. Praise be the mods. 

And while others got a title, I got a warning point for being a bit naughty. So which of us is the special one? :D

Not me :wacko:

Edited by The_batflash123

On 6/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Keepingmesane said:

Hi, 

I am autistic as well, and I can say that I have sound and crowd and social triggers and I have been fine at Showmasters before, two times. :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

And while others got a title, I got a warning point for being a bit naughty. So which of us is the special one? :D

That's not fair. I've been trying for years to get one of those but the mean mods won't give me one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

That's not fair. I've been trying for years to get one of those but the mean mods won't give me one.

Write something horribly awful and I will report you, we all will report you.. and woosh, you will have a few...if you wish. Nobody likes a ”0”. :lol: :P ;)

Quick question. My son has asked me to get an autograph from Brendan Fraser (he adores George of the jungle). As its my daughter and I going, do we have to pay for two autographs so we can both wait in the line even though we only want one autograph? Sorry but not sure how it works