Answers to FAQ

15 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Does anyone know how much the 6×9" plastic sleeves will cost at the convention, thanks. :D

If you mean toploaders I don't recommend them.  Never put anything signed in them.

28 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

I hope i'm not mistaken that you can purchase tickets up to 1 day before the event, thanks. :D

Entrance tickets show on the shop when they end, and all other tickets (photo's/talks) you can buy up to 15 mins before the activity online or at the sales desk if not sold out

29 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Entrance tickets show on the shop when they end, and all other tickets (photo's/talks) you can buy up to 15 mins before the activity online or at the sales desk if not sold out

Ah thanks, that is cutting it close! :D

3 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Does anyone know if Malorie Blackman will be charging for her autographs, thanks. :D

They Yalc guests don't usually charge.  Occasionally if they have a really big name they might, I think the chap who was there last year who was in the band (Very vague I know) was charging, but I don't think it was a lot.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They Yalc guests don't usually charge.  Occasionally if they have a really big name they might, I think the chap who was there last year who was in the band (Very vague I know) was charging, but I don't think it was a lot.

Ok thanks.

12 minutes ago, extremeladders said:

With the pre show pass pickup can you collect the extra help pass as well or does this need to be done on the day of the event? Thanks :smile:

The Thursday collection has only been for the DP's before and I don't see that changing to be honest.

I'm taking my 5 year old son for the 1st time and would like to book a couple photo shoots with guests he doesn't know. Obviously I'm not going to leave my son outside the photo area while i have a photo so would he be able to stand to one side while I have a photo taken. Also the reverse would I be able to stand to one side while my son has a photo taken. 

Thank you

7 minutes ago, thelostdude said:

I'm taking my 5 year old son for the 1st time and would like to book a couple photo shoots with guests he doesn't know. Obviously I'm not going to leave my son outside the photo area while i have a photo so would he be able to stand to one side while I have a photo taken. Also the reverse would I be able to stand to one side while my son has a photo taken. 

Thank you

Yes and yes.  Obviously you won't be allowed into the photo together unless you both have a ticket but they will allow a parent to stay with a young child in the queue.

Edited by Raylenth

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes and yes.  Obviously you won't be allowed into the photo together unless you both have a ticket but they will allow a parent to stay with a young child in the queue.

That's great.  Thank you for your very quick response. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, Raylenth said:

The mcfly guy Tom fletcher and his wife

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Magicblane said:

I understand you pay for each autograph,  can I get more then one item signed when I meet the guest?  ☺

Yes. But as you pay for each autograph then you will pay for each item. There is usually a maximum number of items you can get signed for a specific guest. :D

2 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Yes. But as you pay for each autograph then you will pay for each item. There is usually a maximum number of items you can get signed for a specific guest. :D

Only for DP guests if I remember correctly. No limit for other guests as far as I remember. They should do a limit for every guest. I remember being in the queue for David Bradley 2 years ago (he was only there for 1 day) and they handed out 600+ vq tickets. The guys before me had 100+ items to get signed. Bradley, the awesome guy that he is, of course kept talking to these guys between breaks from signing these 100+ items. In other words, a lot of people didn't get to meet him because of these kind of people whose goal is only to make money out of it.

Just now, The_batflash123 said:

Only for DP guests if I remember correctly. No limit for other guests as far as I remember. They should do a limit for every guest. I remember being in the queue for David Bradley 2 years ago (he was only there for 1 day) and they handed out 600+ vq tickets. The guys before me had 100+ items to get signed. Bradley, the awesome guy that he is, of course kept talking to these guys between breaks from signing these 100+ items. In other words, a lot of people didn't get to meet him because of these kind of people whose goal is only to make money out of it.

The usual limit for guests is 5 items, it's kind of an unofficial rule and I think traders who have stalls at the show can get more in one go and remember that may have been show staff getting the pre orders.  If you want more you have to go around again, but you are correct that most of the busier DP guests have a disclaimer in the details saying they are either capped at 3, or they reserve the right to cap them at 3.  If a guest is quiet then they will normally allow you to get more than 5.

Guys, this is an information thread. This is not the place to repeat a discussion that we have had at the Spring show and pretty much every other show before, and repeatedly at that. I have hidden some posts. 

The response will remain the same. SM are aware of that issue and may implement changes if it is really becoming that much of an issue.

Hi, 

Im bringing my 13 year old daughter and this will be our first comic con ever! 

I'm feeling a little daunted by it all as I'm autistic and my daughter has a lot of pain from hypermobility, especially her knees and ankles. 

I'm going to ask if our doctor would do a letter for my daughter but I was just wondering how does it work if my daughter is entitled to assistance. Do we both go to that area or do I have to get my tickets collected separately? We are arriving late morning Saturday and have tickets for the Saturday and Sunday (got diamond passes for tom Ellis on Sunday). Do we get all our tickets on the Saturday or do we need to queue up again for them on the Sunday?

Also is it ok for my daughter to bring a small foldable stool (it's very compact) to rest on whilst waiting for things? 

Sorry for the probably silly questions but it's all new to me and better to ask than worry :)