Answers to FAQ

57 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I have several swimming trophies from when I was younger, but I pretty much can't do it either now. It's horrible when stuff like this effects doing the things you love and there's nothing you can do about it. My Dad wears hearing aids and I see how people talk to him sometimes (I only speak to him like he's an idiot, because I think he is one!) and it sucks. Both of us are really bad an asking people to repeat things multiple times if needed and often we'll just nod our heads and hope that works as a reply! I can see other people get annoyed though if you do ask them to repeat too much. I just want to know what it was you actually said!! And I totally agree. I don't look for sympathy form anyone for this, and there are people out there much worse off than I am.

I do the same nod and agree in the hope that I have got the jist of what that person is saying especially after the third time of asking what did you say. Bless you and your dad bet you two are a right pair I drive my family insane already because of this lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I do not have any hearing problems, what I know of, but I am in a sort of a same situation. I used to be a motorcycle racing driver and at one race I crashed and smashed through a wooden wall, back first. Push a vertebrae to the side few mm’s. Doctors did not want to dig into me to put it right because of the risk of more damage but I went through a treatment over  10 years to but it back in right position. A while ago I fell down a roof and cracked a vertebrae and knee and suddenly I was back on square one. Abit older the chance of getting back to 100% is slim but I am hopeful. I have to sit in the front seat of a car, cant sit too long on a chair and def cant run. Sometimes I have extreme pain in my left leg but that is pretty rare these days but my biggest fear is at the time of flights and if it would happen during the Con I could be in trouble. Last year I took a needle in my hip/back just a day before LFCC just to be on the safe side. Annoying but what do you do for things you like.

I really hope you are okay that sounds like such an experience to happen to you and sounds like a terrible ordeal you have had to go though. I am the same I dont care what kind of pain I suffer after to go LFCC is always my favourite weekend of the year otherwise you feel like you wouldnt be able to do anything at all

• Like 1

Just now, DCGIRL1987 said:

I really hope you are okay that sounds like such an experience to happen to you and sounds like a terrible ordeal you have had to go though. I am the same I dont care what kind of pain I suffer after to go LFCC is always my favourite weekend of the year otherwise you feel like you wouldnt be able to do anything at all

So true. This is not going to stop me, plus I know exercise helps as well. I am not in constant pain, it comes and goes..sometimes it can take a long time but when I have it I know it and it does not go away over a day and sometimes stay weeks. It is not like you, having to suffer the hearing problem day and night all the time. Summer tends to be better but winters are the opposite. And I live in a country with long winter. :lol: I try to work against the reason for the pain. There are ways to at least keep that dragon asleep. SM should be happy, they will never see me run in the stairs to get VQ's ^_^ Walk fast..yes..run?...no. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

I do the same nod and agree in the hope that I have got the jist of what that person is saying especially after the third time of asking what did you say. Bless you and your dad bet you two are a right pair I drive my family insane already because of this lol

As long as you smile with a nod, you'll be fine! (about 95% of the time!) Yeah we can annoy the rest of our family a lot, but they're getting used to it. Fairly sure my Dad has selective hearing a lot of the time as well, to try and get himself out of doing things!

5 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

As long as you smile with a nod, you'll be fine! (about 95% of the time!) Yeah we can annoy the rest of our family a lot, but they're getting used to it. Fairly sure my Dad has selective hearing a lot of the time as well, to try and get himself out of doing things!

Haha he could be or turning his hearing aids of lol if you suffer with infections I have Hopi ear candle therapy it does work I do this twice a month and really helps with the sleep sea sickness, also helps with migraines, sinuses and sleep I fully recommend 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Haha he could be or turning his hearing aids of lol if you suffer with infections I have Hopi ear candle therapy it does work I do this twice a month and really helps with the sleep sea sickness, also helps with migraines, sinuses and sleep I fully recommend 

I have never heard of that, but I'll look into it. Thanks. I hope you get your hearing aids soon and your situation improves. 

Might be a silly question as I've never done a full weekend. If you have a 3 day pass I'm guessing you join a standard queue (or are there separate queues for daily and 3 day?) on Friday morning, and then what happens on day 2&3? Do you still join in with everyone queuing on Saturday and Sunday morning? (for like people who are only attending on Saturday) Or is there a queue for people who have their wristbands already? 

5 minutes ago, BonesFan said:

Might be a silly question as I've never done a full weekend. If you have a 3 day pass I'm guessing you join a standard queue (or are there separate queues for daily and 3 day?) on Friday morning, and then what happens on day 2&3? Do you still join in with everyone queuing on Saturday and Sunday morning? (for like people who are only attending on Saturday) Or is there a queue for people who have their wristbands already? 

You get your wristband on Friday and then you queue with everyone else in the main hall the following days but just show your wristband on going in.  They don't separate the Weekend from day tickets - as they pre scan/check as many people as they can into the main hall, entry is quite quick

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You get your wristband on Friday and then you queue with everyone else in the main hall the following days but just show your wristband on going in.  They don't separate the Weekend from day tickets - as they pre scan/check as many people as they can into the main hall, entry is quite quick

Brilliant. Thanks for your reply 

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Also as I remember one year when I had a 3-day wrist band, and I showed up at 9.30 on the Saturday, I didn't have to join the regular queue that was having tickets scanned, I showed my wrist band and walked right in. Of course if you arrive before opening time you will have to join the regular queue in the main hall.

13 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

I require extra help and I was wondering if I still have to queue at the start of the day to get to the entrance or if I have to queue for the extra help entrance? Thanks.

Also, are there any other documents that aren't stated that will be accepted for the extra help wristband? :D

If you have none of the mentioned documents please discuss with the Extra Help Team if anything else can be accepted. 

I'm sorry for not giving you a direct reply. But in the past there has been abuse of the extra help system, and I am very reluctant to explain procedures in detail because in the past that has helped such abusers to try and get around the rules. I am not aware of any other documents anyway, but the team will try to help if you really have none of the mentioned documents.

They will also advise you about queueing details. There is a designated entrance for extra help passes normally which is not the main entrance. At that entrance there will be a line too, yes.

33 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have none of the mentioned documents please discuss with the Extra Help Team if anything else can be accepted. 

I'm sorry for not giving you a direct reply. But in the past there has been abuse of the extra help system, and I am very reluctant to explain procedures in detail because in the past that has helped such abusers to try and get around the rules. I am not aware of any other documents anyway, but the team will try to help if you really have none of the mentioned documents.

They will also advise you about queueing details. There is a designated entrance for extra help passes normally which is not the main entrance. At that entrance there will be a line too, yes.

Ok, thanks Queen, you are always so helpful!

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

What ways can I pay for an autograph?

Cash - You pay the crew member at the guests desk.

Credit Card - You can pay for autographs by credit card at the photo shoot/ credit card sales desk. You will be buying show vouchers. These are not guess specific and come is various denominations (£5, £10, £20). You then use these vouchers like cash at the autograph desk.

Regarding this, does anyone know if the sales desk take American Express?  Unlike Visa and Mastercard, not everywhere accepts Amex. 

5 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Regarding this, does anyone know if the sales desk take American Express?  Unlike Visa and Mastercard, not everywhere accepts Amex. 

That's probably one for Queen.  I know Eventbrite does, but am not sure about at the venue

55 minutes ago, Stassy said:

I'll check with the office. Sorry, we so rarely get Amex questions, I genuinely can't remember.

58 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'll check with the office. Sorry, we so rarely get Amex questions, I genuinely can't remember.

Thanks, I do remember using a card at the sales desk a couple of years ago, but I can't remember which one it was.

Hey just a quick question. I won't be attending the Friday of the con this year as all of the guests I want to see so far are only attending the Saturday & Sunday. So I will be arriving in London on Friday afternoon, so I just want to ask how/where to pick up the Diamond Passes on the Friday? 

13 minutes ago, Liv said:

Hey just a quick question. I won't be attending the Friday of the con this year as all of the guests I want to see so far are only attending the Saturday & Sunday. So I will be arriving in London on Friday afternoon, so I just want to ask how/where to pick up the Diamond Passes on the Friday? 

Info will come closer to the event. The past years there have been DP pickup by the main entrance during the opening hours (before actual entry, so no entry ticket required to pick up DP)

• 2 weeks later...