Countdown

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Has the 7 been eating beans? :unsure:

Which reminds me not to have a full english breakfast on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 26th to the 28th....:(

Edited by Chris1970

12 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm usually too excited/nervous to eat much in the mornings (or throughout the day tbh), the honey granola yoghurt things in Olympia are nice though

Assuming this is a LFCC specific feeling, not a worrying comment on your everyday life, what's to be excited about? I've never really understood it.

14 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Assuming this is a LFCC specific feeling, not a worrying comment on your everyday life, what's to be excited about? I've never really understood it.

Lol no I have the opposite problem in everyday life and eat too much ;)

4 minutes ago, Broo said:

Lol no I have the opposite problem in everyday life and eat too much ;)

Pfft, you're a wee slip of a lass (as they say in your part of the world). Personally, I like to eat a huge amount leading up to LFCC, so I look terrible in the photos, in an attempt to shame myself into losing some weight. It hasn't worked as of yet, but I persevere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

Personally, I like to eat a huge amount leading up to LFCC, so I look terrible in the photos, in an attempt to shame myself into losing some weight. It hasn't worked as of yet, but I persevere.

:lol: Well you looked great last year so your binge routine clearly isn't working on promoting a shameful appearance :)

(I'm feeling nice what can I say ;) )

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Broo said:

:lol: Well you looked great last year so your binge routine clearly isn't working on promoting a shameful appearance :)

(I'm feeling nice what can I say ;) )

Stop it Ma, you're embarrassing me in front of the other kids.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm working many days up to and including Saturday 27th, and I'm back in work on the Tuesday after. :lol:

Awww thats not deal.    I luckily managed to get time off... not always possible to do... but if coukdnt would be pulling a sickie :) lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Awww thats not deal.    I luckily managed to get time off... not always possible to do... but if coukdnt would be pulling a sickie :) lol

At least it'll give me something to do to distract myself on Saturday 27th, because otherwise I'll spend the whole day thinking about my trip to LFCC the following day (now that I think about it I'll probably be doing that in work as well anyway :lol:).

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Haha 2

I’m desperately trying to get Friday off. If not I’m working until 4pm then a near 8 hour drive to London for the con. Same drive home on Sunday night after the con although luckily I do have the Monday off!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

At least it'll give me something to do to distract myself on Saturday 27th, because otherwise I'll spend the whole day thinking about my trip to LFCC the following day (now that I think about it I'll probably be doing that in work as well anyway :lol:).

I've been distracted at work any announcement day so far already lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I’m desperately trying to get Friday off. If not I’m working until 4pm then a near 8 hour drive to London for the con. Same drive home on Sunday night after the con although luckily I do have the Monday off!

An 8 hour drive? Blimey, and I thought my 4-ish hour drive was bad. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It’s about 7 really without stopping (which I have done but do not recommend). I drive about 30000 miles a year with my job so I’m used to it.

Can I ask what your work is? Just being curious :)

Just now, Broo said:

Can I ask what your work is? Just being curious :)

Of course. I’m an IT networking engineer (routers and cabling and telephone exchanges and all that). I cover the entire country, by which I mean the country that stops at Berwick not the other one ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

Of course. I’m an IT networking engineer (routers and cabling and telephone exchanges and all that). I cover the entire country, by which I mean the country that stops at Berwick not the other one ;)

Can you fix my laptop? :whistling:;)

Joking as you must get asked that a lot seeing as all tech people are the same and all that and all you do is tell people to tun it off and on again

*runs away

Edited by Raylenth
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Can you fix my laptop? :whistling:;)

Joking as you must get asked that a lot seeing as all tech people are the same and all that and all you do is tell people to tun it off and on again

*runs away

No. What I do is tell them their flange-popple-derivative-memory-truncheon chip is broken and they need a new one, charge them £500 for it THEN I just turn it off and on again and hand it back.

• Haha 3

Just now, Ravogd said:

No. What I do is tell them their flange-popple-derivative-memory-truncheon chip is broken and they need a new one, charge them £500 for it THEN I just turn it off and on again and hand it back.

Ahhh you blind then with technical terms, gotcha!