I noticed that there wasn't a general chat thread for this event, so I figured I may as well make one. :lol:

I also have a question. On the pre order page, none of the pre order images for this event are loading and showing what the image actually is. At first I thought it was my computer being slow but I've tried multiple times and the images never load, so I figured I'd point this out just in case there is an actual problem with them. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

No, not just you, the images aren't displaying for me either, it may be that they haven't actually been added yet though.  Jason will hopefully get to it as soon as he can after he's finished with the send outs for Spring/Cardiff.

On another note, @Queen_Sindel, when you get a second, as it's not urgent, can we have some of the guests unpinned?  Thank you

Edited by Raylenth

12 hours ago, Captain Lucas said:

I was looking at hotels for Birmingham the other day, so I may as well share this. If you don't mind a quick 10 minute train ride from the center of Birmingham each morning, Travellodge have some good deals at present not far from New Street Station. 

Thanks so much for this! Didn't realise quite how close (and cheap!) it is to stay in Birmingham city centre! Also a tip from someone who's coming from Glasgow - an advance ticket to Birmingham is only £25 one way at the moment!

Train fares can be a lot cheaper when booked a fair way in advance. Railcards can also be worthwhile for some if you make a few long trips per year (especially if you are under 25, 60+, disabled or a full time student). After all, less  money spent on travel and hotels is more we can all spend at the convention itself!

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend LFCC summer this year, but I will be going to Collectormania. :thumbup:

Have a good time at Collectormania.  Maybe next year we will find ourselves in the same queue again  :D

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wjbleming said:

You'd better hope Jodie isn't announced for LFCC then... ;) 

I'll just have to hope she is announced for Collectormania instead. :P 

There's already many guests at LFCC July who I would love to meet, so hopefully they don't also announce Jodie just to spite me. Of course it'd be great for everyone attending LFCC but it would suck for me. :lol:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess the post on the Collectormania page about a guest announcement was only for LFCC? Could've been more specific that it was only about London when you post it on a page for a con in Birmingham that's less than 2 months away. Great line-up so far, not complaining about that but a few of my friends and I were hoping for some new guests because of the announcement.

5 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I guess the post on the Collectormania page about a guest announcement was only for LFCC? Could've been more specific that it was only about London when you post it on a page for a con in Birmingham that's less than 2 months away. Great line-up so far, not complaining about that but a few of my friends and I were hoping for some new guests because of the announcement.

It was stated on Twitter that this guest was only for London, currently we have like 20 less tv and movie guest than last year for Collectormania so I’m hoping for some more big announcements in the run up considering it is the next event in line they should be announced sooner rather than later 

Just now, GreenArrow2046 said:

It was stated on Twitter that this guest was only for London, currently we have like 20 less tv and movie guest than last year for Collectormania so I’m hoping for some more big announcements in the run up considering it is the next event in line they should be announced sooner rather than later 

I only use facebook, I don't even know how to use twitter -_- Fair enough though but they could also post that on facebook for those who don't use twitter like me, it's just copy-paste the twitter post in a facebook post ^_^

It's not the same people handling Facebook and Twitter. Due to that sometimes a question coming up in one place doesn't get answered in the other automatically. Same thing for the forum, sometimes we miss stuff posted there too. And for pre guest announcements on there you guys are normally faster than us mods anyway. ;)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I only use facebook, I don't even know how to use twitter -_- Fair enough though but they could also post that on facebook for those who don't use twitter like me, it's just copy-paste the twitter post in a facebook post ^_^

I don’t use either, was told by a friend about the response from the twitter page, still hoping for more Collectormania guests either way to even up to last years numbers