Hotels

20 minutes ago, danthomas17 said:

Anybody recommend any hotels close enough to the venue which aren’t £200/£300 a night ? 

It depends what you mean by 'close enough'. For LCCS it took me about half an hour to get to the venue (tube ride and walk) but it worked out about £75pn including breakfast.

2 minutes ago, danthomas17 said:

Ideally I don’t wanna be more than 15/20 away, I stayed in the Hilton next door last summer but they’ve really put the prices up this year

Anything close is going to be more expensive, it's the nature of hotels really - they know when big events are on in the area and adjust prices accordingly.  There may be a few random cheaper ones but most are going to take advantage of people wanting to be in the area.  I hope someone is able to suggest one that works for you though.

14 hours ago, danthomas17 said:

Really, any suggestions on where to look/book 

Could try Queen Mary's University, I've stayed there before. Bit of a trip on the underground, but much cheaper. Some unis also use bookings.com, so that may be worth a try. Sometimes you can get good deals on Premier Inns or Travellodges if you are a bit flexible on location and book a fair way in advance. Sunday nights can be very cheap if you have a fair way to travel home, but Saturdays are expensive. For those of us who don't consider £150 a night to be a bargain, its good to have some alternatives.

Edited by Captain Lucas

I have booked the ibis London Shepherds Bush - Hammersmith for 6 nights for 492.10 GBP (I like to stay a little longer to enjoy the city). Last year I was in the Hilton Olympia but was a bit disappointed because their ancient windows were a bit useless against the heat wave...

• Like 1

In the past I've been to:

- London Visitors Hotel. Cheap, decent for the price, and unbeatable location - one block away from the bridge over the Olympia train line. I think it does not allow booking for less than 5 nights in a row, it may be a good option if you plan on staying in London a few extra days.

- Holland Inn. Similar to London Visitors, a bit more expensive but more flexible with reservations.

- Abercorn House. It's more a hostel, but like Kurdamoni said, it's cheap and clean, and location is also nice - near Hammersmith tube station, 15 minute walk from Olympia.

I've got 4 nights at the Palace Court Hotel (I come down to London Thursday, go home Monday) for £186 (non-refundable) via a sister site to booking.com. 37 minutes walk to the Olympia but a) I like walking b) hopefully the weather will be glorious c) I assume it's a flat walk.

I probably could've gone cheaper but anything below £50 a night & you struggle to get anything that has an en-suite toilet & shower. Last year I accidentally booked a room that didn't & ended up strip washing out of a sink every evening because I wasn't about to use the grubby shared hotel shower. :spew:

• 3 weeks later...