Questions, questions and more questions

Hi all,

So this year will be my first ever year at Comic Con. I've brought the diamond pass for Jason Momoa on the Sunday (I missed out last year!). Hope you don't mind but just wondering if I could ask a couple of questions?

1. So, just to make it an easier day for myself, because I've brought a diamond pass I'm thinking to go on my own that way no one has to wait around for me for the diamond activites to take place. Does anyone else go on their own?

2. I'm thinking to purchase the photo shoots with Ian Somerholder and Robert Carlyle also. Is there a difference in purchasing the tickets through Eventbrite or VQs on the day? Are the Eventbrite tickets gauranteed?

3. I have noticed on the Comic Con/Eventbrite website the photo shoots come with the Comic Con collectors book. Do the diamond passes also come with these?

I think that's all! Thanks in advance.

1. It's not unusual (curse you Tom Jones for that song! :lol:) for people to go on their own.

2. The VQ tickets are for autographs, all the photoshoots are guaranteed as long as you're there for the time slot (published around a week before the con).

3. Yep they do, as long as they don't run out of them.

Edited by wjbleming

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

1. It's not unusual (curse you Tom Jones for that song! :lol:) for people to go on their own.

2. The VQ tickets are for autographs, all the photoshoots are guaranteed as long as you're there for the time slot (published around a week before the con).

3. Yep they do, as long as they don't run out of them.

Thanks wjbleming that's really helpful!

Love a bit of Tom Jones!!

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Addendum to 2.: Of course you can buy photoshoot tickets on the day too, unless they sell out beforehand. Especially for Ian I would not be surprised if they sell out before the show. 

Other than that: what wjbleming said. ;)

Thank you!

I was definately planning to buy the photo shoots in advance, espeically Ian's. Luckily it's payday for me on Friday!

Gutted I missed Paul Wesley last year x

I have gone on my own a few times and actually have great fun (though I am quite chatty - apologies to anyone stuck next to me in a queue!) as you can very much just do your own thing. You can also have some great times with complete strangers who you then might run in to at a different con. So definitely don't worry about going by yourself. Though equally when I have gone with other people, because the schedule is listed, we know when someone will be busy with a photo shoot or signing and just agree to meet up/keep in touch when finished. So either ways usually work! It's a really good atmosphere at these events, so you never really feel alone.

And thanks wjbleming, I am now going to have that song stuck in my head all day! ;)

I would recommend getting a ticket for a photoshoot in advance if you know it is someone you definitely want, as the lower the batch number for the photoshoot the less time you will need to spend in that area waiting for the batch to be called. But that's just my personal preference - I have also bought them the day before (when available) because of a last minute decision on my part and the queues tend to move pretty quickly once started.

Enjoy your first one though - I've heard very good things about Jason from last year, so hopefully you'll have an amazing time meeting him :D

4 minutes ago, MagicalMimi said:

I have gone on my own a few times and actually have great fun (though I am quite chatty - apologies to anyone stuck next to me in a queue!) as you can very much just do your own thing. You can also have some great times with complete strangers who you then might run in to at a different con. So definitely don't worry about going by yourself. Though equally when I have gone with other people, because the schedule is listed, we know when someone will be busy with a photo shoot or signing and just agree to meet up/keep in touch when finished. So either ways usually work! It's a really good atmosphere at these events, so you never really feel alone.

And thanks wjbleming, I am now going to have that song stuck in my head all day! ;)

I would recommend getting a ticket for a photoshoot in advance if you know it is someone you definitely want, as the lower the batch number for the photoshoot the less time you will need to spend in that area waiting for the batch to be called. But that's just my personal preference - I have also bought them the day before (when available) because of a last minute decision on my part and the queues tend to move pretty quickly once started.

Enjoy your first one though - I've heard very good things about Jason from last year, so hopefully you'll have an amazing time meeting him :D

Thanks so much! I'm the same - i'll talk to anyone! Hopefully we'll bump into each other in a queue somewhere!

I'm so excited. I just left it too late for the pass last year so when I saw he was back this year I went for it! I got in nice early so luckily i'm batch one!

I usually go Solo to Comic Cons but usually meet friends and fellow cosplayers.
For LFCC, it's myself on the Friday and a friend joins me on Saturday and Sunday but we normally do our own things, meeting up during the day or at a bar afterwards.

Purchasing photoshoot tickets in advance is essential as this will help avoid unnecessary stress from getting them at the sales desks.
Apart from the Diamond Passes for the Doctors last year, I normally wait until the schedule is up so I can see if I can get to the photoshoots and talks in good time.

Edited by Sebster118

15 minutes ago, LindaAbish1706 said:

Thanks so much! I'm the same - i'll talk to anyone! Hopefully we'll bump into each other in a queue somewhere!

I'm so excited. I just left it too late for the pass last year so when I saw he was back this year I went for it! I got in nice early so luckily i'm batch one!

That would be great - if you see me do wave (I have atrocious eyesight, so will struggle to see/recognise anyone from their pictures on here).

LFCC is very exciting, and it gets even more exciting closer to the event. Though I warn you - once you have done it, it quickly leads to doing more. I started out on a Sunday, now I do the whole weekend plus other showmasters events. Batch 1 is great - you were very quick there! I'm sure you're going to have an amazing time!

10 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

You're very welcome! ;)

It's not unusual to see me cry. I wanna die...

:P 

I almost always go on my own, it gives you such freedom to take the day at your own pace and whatnot, and go back and talk to your favourite people nearer the end of the day if they don't have queues. Everyone is so friendly as well. I really love it :)

1 hour ago, MagicalMimi said:

It's a really good atmosphere at these events, so you never really feel alone.

People often say this, but there is nowhere I feel more alone than at a con.

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

So essentially its the equivalent to meeting the bear then.

How would you know? I might secretly be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, LindaAbish1706 said:

1. So, just to make it an easier day for myself, because I've brought a diamond pass I'm thinking to go on my own that way no one has to wait around for me for the diamond activites to take place. Does anyone else go on their own?

2. I'm thinking to purchase the photo shoots with Ian Somerholder and Robert Carlyle also. Is there a difference in purchasing the tickets through Eventbrite or VQs on the day? Are the Eventbrite tickets gauranteed?

1. I am on  my own most of the day and it's OK. I meet a friend in the morning and we wait together in the queue to get in, which is when you really need somebody because it's boring to wait 1 hour alone. But then we each go off and do our own thing and only meet during the day if there is a talk we are both going to. You will be fine going alone.

2. As wjbleming says, the VQs are for autographs. And you don't pay for VQs, you just get one and when/if your turn comes, you pay at the table before getting your autographs. That's because with VQs you are not guaranteed to get an autograph (your turn may not come by the end of the day). Whereas photoshoots are guaranteed once you've bought them. Of course if you have a Diamond Pass you are guaranteed and autograph and don't need a VQ.