London Spring - Talk & Photo Schedule

showmasters

Hiiii first post! Very excited about Saturday!

Had one question about arriving early to an event. When do the VQ tickets start being given out in the morning?

For example if I'm (hypothetically) the first in the queue, the doors open at 8am, does that mean at 8am I can go in and head straight for a signing area and get a ticket? Or do I have to queue until they decide tickets will be needed?

Or is there a holding area first and the guests start actually signing at 9:30?

Thanks very much!

6 hours ago, LesserJowl said:

Hiiii first post! Very excited about Saturday!

Had one question about arriving early to an event. When do the VQ tickets start being given out in the morning?

For example if I'm (hypothetically) the first in the queue, the doors open at 8am, does that mean at 8am I can go in and head straight for a signing area and get a ticket? Or do I have to queue until they decide tickets will be needed?

Or is there a holding area first and the guests start actually signing at 9:30?

Thanks very much!

They are given out straight away for the big guests so when the doors open at 9 you go in, search the signing area's for the guests you want and get the VQ's from the crew running the queue.  Smaller guests who aren't on VQ's may get put on them if they get unexpectedly busy but that could happen at any time of the day.

Guests generally sign from opening but some might be slow to get down to the floor and they kind of trickle down, so get your VQ's and keep checking back to see if your number has been called and you can join the queue - There's no holding area but if the guest isn't down yet they may allow people the first group to queue so they are ready to go when the guest is down.

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

They are given out straight away for the big guests so when the doors open at 9 you go in, search the signing area's for the guests you want and get the VQ's from the crew running the queue.  Smaller guests who aren't on VQ's may get put on them if they get unexpectedly busy but that could happen at any time of the day.

Guests generally sign from opening but some might be slow to get down to the floor and they kind of trickle down, so get your VQ's and keep checking back to see if your number has been called and you can join the queue - There's no holding area but if the guest isn't down yet they may allow people the first group to queue so they are ready to go when the guest is down.

Ah that's perfect thank you so much!!

Sorry if this is a silly question but do you still need to get VQ tickets for the free talks? I haven't done any of the free talks at LFCC for a few years and I seem to recall you used to have to get VQ tickets for the free ones... is that the still the case? I want to do the Lucy Davis talk. :-)

1 minute ago, SirGeeksalot said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but do you still need to get VQ tickets for the free talks? I haven't done any of the free talks at LFCC for a few years and I seem to recall you used to have to get VQ tickets for the free ones... is that the still the case? I want to do the Lucy Davis talk. :-)

Not that I'm aware off, just go stand in the queue and wait 'till they let you in.

Hi

With Diamond pass collection.

Do we have to collect them first then join the big entry queue. Or would it be similar to the Summer show, where we all queue up together outside then split off to grab them before getting our tickets scanned?

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Peter710 said:

Hi

With Diamond pass collection.

Do we have to collect them first then join the big entry queue. Or would it be similar to the Summer show, where we all queue up together outside then split off to grab them before getting our tickets scanned?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know it will be similar to the Summer show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirGeeksalot said:

Just an FYI but you've never needed VQ's for talks, paid or free.  VQ's are for auto's.

19 minutes ago, Sardonis said:

So and if you have a Diamond Pass, do you still have to go and get an VQ? Or how does it work for the autograph?

If you see that your batch is up, you have to?

You just show up when your number on your DP has been called at the desk of the guest, you will see that on a board in front of the queue. You don't need a VQ for a guest if you have a DP for said guest.

13 minutes ago, johnsimmfan said:

What time do I need to get there tomorrow to avoid queuing for hours when it opens?

After it opens at 9 the queue will go in pretty quickly.  Most people will arrive after 8 but it depends on what you want to do at the event or who you want to see - some things it's fine to come later ie photo shoots because you know when they will take place, or smaller guests auto's but some things it's better to arrive at a decent time even if it means queuing, like if you want auto's from the big guests and you need to get VQ's for them,

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

After it opens at 9 the queue will go in pretty quickly.  Most people will arrive after 8 but it depends on what you want to do at the event or who you want to see - some things it's fine to come later ie photo shoots because you know when they will take place, or smaller guests auto's but some things it's better to arrive at a decent time even if it means queuing, like if you want auto's from the big guests and you need to get VQ's for them,

Thanks. You’ve been so helpful.  It means a lot.

2 minutes ago, Kuato_Lives said:

Now that Geoffrey from Fresh Prince has cancelled, any chance you could movie Emily Perkins into his timeslot on Saturday so I don't have to stay so late? :D :D 

They can't keep adjusting the schedule to satisfy everyone I'm afraid and what helps one person may hinder someone else who was ok before.  Sometimes the schedule does need to be adjusted but not generally for the shorter shoots being cancelled.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

They can't keep adjusting the schedule to satisfy everyone I'm afraid and what helps one person may hinder someone else who was ok before.  Sometimes the schedule does need to be adjusted but not generally for the shorter shoots being cancelled.

THEY CAN AND THEY WILL!!  I joke I joke hehe.

9 minutes ago, iDanziii said:

Sorry, this isn’t technically related to this thread. But I’m getting off at Olympia station, I know which hall the gold entry is, but which way do I go from the station?? 

If you're facing Olympia with the station behind you, walk left and then walk right at the corner of the building

On 2/25/2019 at 2:13 PM, showmasters said:

T

Some notes that will also be helpful for this weekend...

The London Comic Con Spring is being held in the National Hall of Olympia London. Please listen to the instructions of the security staff in regards to queuing

·       Gold pass entrance: National Hall Foyer

·       Extra help entrance: National Hall Foyer

·      

·       Weekend & Sunday Tickets: National Hall Foyer on Sunday

·     

A bit confused for Sunday as both normal entry and extra help are at te same place. How will it work for extra help please?