Are we getting a Floor Plan ?

maduncledai

Just wondering as theres just under a week and a half to go are we getting a Floor Plan ? I know that the event is only in one hall ( unlike the main LFCC ) how ever it would be nice to know things like where the guests are signing ? The main hall, up on the balcony or both ? Is the main entrance to the event the same as the main LFCC ? If we arrive early is the a holding hall like the main LFCC ? 

Many thanks in advance :) 

Edited by maduncledai
Spellin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It may not happen until right before the weekend as they are setting up and finalise what is going where.

Yeah and I can appreciate that so if SM just says yes it's going to be such and such time I can sit back and relax lol 

But theres no harm in asking lol 

I was reading the FAQ on the website and found this:

"How long will it take to get in?

Do to the sheer number of attendees coming to our event it takes time to process those in the queue. Although the event opens at 9am we allow access to the West Hall from 7am which means that all tickets can be scanned and security searches can take place for when the doors open."

To get from West to National you have to go through Grand. I checked to see if anything was going on in Grand during those days and there wasn't. So it seems this information is correct.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I was reading the FAQ on the website and found this:

"How long will it take to get in?

Do to the sheer number of attendees coming to our event it takes time to process those in the queue. Although the event opens at 9am we allow access to the West Hall from 7am which means that all tickets can be scanned and security searches can take place for when the doors open."

To get from West to National you have to go through Grand. I checked to see if anything was going on in Grand during those days and there wasn't. So it seems this information is correct.

What I hope for, and believed it to be. ”The Hangar”  is a good waiting area, logistic and if the weather isnt the very best.

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I imagine that was just copy and pasted from the LFCC info. I honestly do not think they will use the West Hall for a queue as it’s the other end of the building. We should get more details next week.

Which is why I checked if Grand will be occupied during the con. But we'll just have to wait and see (and if the info on the site is incorrect then it needs to be changed before the con).

14 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Which is why I checked if Grand will be occupied during the con. But we'll just have to wait and see (and if the info on the site is incorrect then it needs to be changed before the con).

It would be chaos if all had to wait out on the pavement/streets..etc.

There is Childcare Expo at Olympia on 1st -2nd March and it says for them to use the Olympia Central Entrance for that. There is also a Knitting and Stitching Show on 28th Feb -3rd March, again its says to use the Olympia Central Entrance. For The London Spring con it says to use the Olympia National Entrance 

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

It would be chaos if all had to wait out on the pavement/streets..etc.

If it’s anything like the last time there was a Spring con, there wadn’t A massive amount of people queuing first thing. Maybe around a hundred or so. This time is looking to sell out so there could be more but it’s a much smaller show so has less tickets. There won’t be anything like the amount of people queueing like you see at the summer one.

32 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

If it’s anything like the last time there was a Spring con, there wadn’t A massive amount of people queuing first thing. Maybe around a hundred or so. This time is looking to sell out so there could be more but it’s a much smaller show so has less tickets. There won’t be anything like the amount of people queueing like you see at the summer one.

mmm.. like queuing up for a concert at Hammersmith Apollo, been there..done that.. :rolleyes:

On 2/23/2019 at 12:30 PM, Ceefax77 said:

There is Childcare Expo at Olympia on 1st -2nd March and it says for them to use the Olympia Central Entrance for that. There is also a Knitting and Stitching Show on 28th Feb -3rd March, again its says to use the Olympia Central Entrance. For The London Spring con it says to use the Olympia National Entrance 

At least I know where to go for supplies if my cosplay breaks. Lol! 

• Haha 1

Leaving the floor plan to one side for the time being how ever do we really need to be second guessing where the main entrance is ? Considering theres now less than a week to go.

I know we will find out on the day itself how ever it would be nice to know beforehand as I don't fancy joining a queue only to find I'm behind a bunch of knitting granny's lol ( I know I know it's a stereotypical view but you get my drift lol ).

I would have thought this basic question would have been answered weeks or even months ago as it's not just us wanting to know I would have thought that the Olympia staff would need to know as well.

So is it going to be the National entrance ? Or will it be the West hall entrance as the FAQ states ? ( although this is the same FAQ as the main LFCC ) As each entrance has their own problems.

I for one don't fancy the idea of using the National entrance having so many attendees having to go through security and tickets being scanned at 9am when the doors open.

I can understand that SM are currently busy but can we please have an official confirmation on this subject. 

On a more personal level as I don't want to cause any trouble how ever it's just that I suffer badly from anxiety and not knowing basic information like this could cause me to be pushed over the edge, as it where,  my anxiety levels are high enough with this being a " New " event and I really don't need any more complications that's going to make me not want to go or more to the point " Can't go ".

On the Olympia London website itself, if you go to Whats On it lists the events. Under Spring Comic con it says Entrance Olympia National. The other two shows on that weekend state Central Entrance. Im pretty sure the Spring con is being held in the National hall area, so it would make sense that it would be the National Entrance. The other 2 events don't open until 10am, so if you're planning to join the queue before 9am, then Spring con should be the only queue. 

I have brought up those Questions. But as Batflash says, confirmation will only come at some Point today. The Office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and I am not going to make stuff up just to post something. Sometimes I can reach someone on the Weekend who can quickly help me out. But more often I can't. And unless Jason has a bout of insomnia no amount of repeating Questions is going to get you an answer at 2.30 AM Monday morning.

The Floor plan is (if we get one) always put up close to the Event. Too many Things can Change, so it is only posted close to the Show. It is very likely the same reason for the Main Entrance confirmation. Yes, I did let them know that the FAQ says differently. That bit was likely overlooked or it changed between the FAQ being put up and the venue putting their info up.

There will be an answer at some Point today.

• Like 1

Thank you Nate, I actually missed this because I am in Hospital again and am on my phone with signatures off.

Just to make sure nothing happens again I have taken the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again.

Broken record time again: Our warnings always come with an Explanation. No one expects you to agree with it, but if you want to keep posting on here you will have to accept the warning and the rules.

I've used that example before: if you stand in an Empire Cinema ranting About how much better the Odeon chain is, or in Burger King yelling how much the Whopper sucks compared to McDonalds you can invoke your "Right to free speech" any way you want. You will still be asked to shut up and if you don't you will be asked to leave. It's exactly the same Thing for this Forum here.

One correction on the Forum isn't a Problem. Even an official warning is not an issue. Get another one and yeah, that's when the issues begin. I also said that before, we are not warning People forever.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 2