Store Batch query

jonedney124

I have just done a pretend order for a few guests' photos and Diamonds just to see how busy they are (I have already bought them in most cases) and there were things that confused me/worried me:

John Simm - His Diamond Pass photo batches say Batch 1-6 unavailable, start selecting from Batch 7 up to 12. Have that many DPs (presumably around 300 if batches are 50) already been sold and will the store really allow another 300 to be sold (although it may not get up that high anyway depending on those left to purchase closer to the event).  For his normal photo shoot tickets, he is on Batch 5 so that is a hell of a lot of photos already for someone who is a 1 day guest (obviously a popular one but still).

Peter Mayhew - His Sunday DP lists Batch 1 as available but then has Batch 4 as Not Available, with no Batch 2 or 3...

Bernard Cribbins - Again on Diamond, currently lists Batch 1 and Batch 3 as Not Available but you can select Batch 2 in the middle of them. At the moment, no Batch higher than 3 listed. 

As I said, these things seem a bit odd but may be Eventbrite store errors, especially the latter two? 

Re the numbers they can fit a lot of photo's in as they only take seconds.  The year Cumberbatch was there, initially he was one day only and IIRC they sold 28 batches on top of the Diamonds.

I'd imagine the Diamond batches might be smaller but as this is the first year they have batched the DP we will have to see what they call on the day I think

I am curious why they put batches on DP, maybe more useful for autos than photos. Well, just have to wait and see. Last year I had to elbow myself through a sea of vq ticket holders to get my dp auto. Maybe they hope there will be less ppl hanging around if they display they will move through smaller dp groups first before getting to the vq. Could actually increase the chance more vq get their autos.

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I am curious why they put batches on DP, maybe more useful for autos than photos. Well, just have to wait and see. Last year I had to elbow myself through a sea of vq ticket holders to get my dp auto. Maybe they hope there will be less ppl hanging around if they display they will move through smaller dp groups first before getting to the vq. Could actually increase the chance more vq get their autos.

It's for photo's as far as I'm aware, not auto's as they are already called in small groups, I don't see that changing.

And nothing under the sun will make some people move out of a queue even though their batch won't be called yet

Edited by Raylenth

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's for photo's as far as I'm aware, not auto's as they are already called in small groups, I don't see that changing.

And nothing under the sun will make some people move out of a queue even though their batch won't be called yet

Maybe they will skip numbers on DP and just batches, then it is suited for autos, just making it simpler than numbers. Photos... perhaps pure DP photo session. :huh:

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Maybe they will skip numbers on DP and just batches, then it is suited for autos, just making it simpler than numbers. Photos... perhaps pure DP photo session. :huh:

I think the format is the same relatively.  They made the DPs day specific to have more control of the auto side of it and there hasn't been any mention of changing the way they are called for the auto's IIRC.  I don't think there will be a specific photo shoot either, just DP's at the start as usual, but they've added the batches to break it down further

Image result for elmo shrug gif

I was told "the Diamonds will be called in batches from now on" and no one mentioned a difference between photos and autos. So I would imagine it will be the same and both photos and autos go by batches. Otherwise it will be really confusing for crew.

Peter and Bernard are showing up the way they do because originally the DPs went on sale without batch numbers. To balance this out a batch was taken off sale to control the overall numbers. 

John's listing was likely copied over from the first "input" of 6 batches. They will not sell that many passes, the office is watching the sales numbers. That many tickets wouldn't sell that close to the show anyway, it took months for him to get him up to batch 6.

The general guideline we suggest when you try to figure out an approximate time for your photoshoots is 400 tickets per hour. But that is a standard guideline. Crew can really go much more fast if they really have to.  

• Thanks 2

Diamond Passes have never had batches before, so no way to confirm. 

I will try to get the confirmation on how the batches will work for autographs tomorrow. Then some people may be willing to guess. But without that info and keeping in mind what I was told before no one can really even do a good guess on that. The batch sizes generally used for photo session batches are way too large for a sensible autograph line management.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I have been given some additional info to post.

Remember my Theory that the Batches couldn't be that large because otherwise the Autograph lines would be too Long again? Theory was right. :lol: A Batch for Diamond Passes means 25 passes.

Well that's an eminently sensible number.