Belfast Talk and Photo Schedule

Too Tall

Disappointing :mellow: Everything else is fine, but the guest I'm most excited for, the guest who I was hoping had a Q and A at this event-I will not be able to go to the Q and A with Julian Glover.  I have a photoshoot booked with Caroline Munro, and then a photoshoot booked with Valene Kane, which bookends the Q and A.  So best case scenario is I might get 5, 10 mins tops of the Q and A session.  And going in for 10 mins hardly seems worth it, especially if it made me miss my photo shoots, as I know it would be my fault if I wasn't there, and the guest had left the photo area already.   I know you can't switch everything around due to one guest being unhappy about missing something, but is there nothing that can be done, or any suggestions how I can see the Q and A, and still get my photos done?   

31 minutes ago, bannsider10 said:

Disappointing :mellow: Everything else is fine, but the guest I'm most excited for, the guest who I was hoping had a Q and A at this event-I will not be able to go to the Q and A with Julian Glover.  I have a photoshoot booked with Caroline Munro, and then a photoshoot booked with Valene Kane, which bookends the Q and A.  So best case scenario is I might get 5, 10 mins tops of the Q and A session.  And going in for 10 mins hardly seems worth it, especially if it made me miss my photo shoots, as I know it would be my fault if I wasn't there, and the guest had left the photo area already.   I know you can't switch everything around due to one guest being unhappy about missing something, but is there nothing that can be done, or any suggestions how I can see the Q and A, and still get my photos done?   

Unfortunately not, the only think you can really do is try and get to the first shoot early so you are through as quickly as possible, go see some of the talk and then go to Val's shoot.  

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately not, the only think you can really do is try and get to the first shoot early so you are through as quickly as possible, go see some of the talk and then go to Val's shoot.  

What I feared Raylenth, but thanks for getting back to me.  I have anxiety, so I know if I do go into the Q and A, I'm going to sit there anxiously keeping an eye on my watch the whole time, in case I get too into the Q and A and forget my second photo shoot, so I know I probably won't enjoy it if I do go in and sit down-if I manage to get a seat even near the entrance of the Q and A too, which will be another thing which would worry me!  Maybe I'll give it a miss completely and hope that I have a bit of time to ask Julian a question while at his desk.   

1 minute ago, bannsider10 said:

What I feared Raylenth, but thanks for getting back to me.  I have anxiety, so I know if I do go into the Q and A, I'm going to sit there anxiously keeping an eye on my watch the whole time, in case I get too into the Q and A and forget my second photo shoot, so I know I probably won't enjoy it if I do go in and sit down-if I manage to get a seat even near the entrance of the Q and A too, which will be another thing which would worry me!  Maybe I'll give it a miss completely and hope that I have a bit of time to ask Julian a question while at his desk.   

Or can you set a discrete alarm on your phone/watch?  Pick a time you need to leave the Q&A (if it's near the photo booth and it will only take you a minute to get there set it at the start of the photo session or a couple of mins before it starts) so you don't need to worry about checking the time?

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Or can you set a discrete alarm on your phone/watch?  Pick a time you need to leave the Q&A (if it's near the photo booth and it will only take you a minute to get there set it at the start of the photo session or a couple of mins before it starts) so you don't need to worry about checking the time?

Good idea!  Hadn't thought about setting an alarm as I usually associate them with being LOUD but I guess I could have my phone set to vibrate when the time comes and have my palm resting on it so I know when it's time to go.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannsider10 said:

Good idea!  Hadn't thought about setting an alarm as I usually associate them with being LOUD but I guess I could have my phone set to vibrate when the time comes and have my palm resting on it so I know when it's time to go.  

Even setting it as a reminder in your phone calendar rather than an alarm clock would help. I'd imagine, if your phone is like mine, the alarm clock can't be set to vibrate where a calendar reminder can. Can be a tad awkward if you set it to vibrate and it suddenly goes off in middle of the panel! lol :smile:

On 2/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, bannsider10 said:

I was hoping to attend Julian's Q and A too, but I have photos booked with Caroline Munro and Ingrid Oliver ... ah well. That said, the Q and A is in tandem with Staz Nair which makes me think it might be heavily GOT-themed and I don't actually watch that, so ... swings and roundabouts!  

5 minutes ago, bannsider10 said:

Also, wondering if autograph vouchers will be on sale at the sales desk , or if we'll have to pay with just cash?  

They should be available at the sales desk, they haven't said they aren't doing them.

On 2/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, Kurdamoni said:

Sounds like a plan!

Have I missed the party?  :D

Just want to say thank you for everybody's help on here, on the day and all the guests.  Enjoyed my day out, and left happy.  Unfortunately got to see even less of Julian and Staz's Q and A than I anticipated due to Caroline's photo shoot running late, and then the printer ran out of paper midway through printing Caroline's photos out, and then Ingrid had her shoot before we got to Valene!  So I probably only caught 5 minutes in total, though I was happy enough that the audience section of the Q and A area wasn't enclosed, so I came and went.  I suppose I should have collected my Caroline photo shoot when I went back for the Valene shoot, and went and enjoyed the Q and A but didn't want to forget it!  Not blaming anybody, I know from my own work, things run out or break down at any time!  Kudos to the guy in the blue shirt (didn't get his name) who was printing out the photos and handing them out.  Gave us a smile every time no matter how many times he saw us coming to pick up our snaps!  Hopefully the event will come back again next year, even if it's only for one day again.  

2 hours ago, bannsider10 said:

Have I missed the party?  :D

Just want to say thank you for everybody's help on here, on the day and all the guests.  Enjoyed my day out, and left happy.  Unfortunately got to see even less of Julian and Staz's Q and A than I anticipated due to Caroline's photo shoot running late, and then the printer ran out of paper midway through printing Caroline's photos out, and then Ingrid had her shoot before we got to Valene!  So I probably only caught 5 minutes in total, though I was happy enough that the audience section of the Q and A area wasn't enclosed, so I came and went.  I suppose I should have collected my Caroline photo shoot when I went back for the Valene shoot, and went and enjoyed the Q and A but didn't want to forget it!  Not blaming anybody, I know from my own work, things run out or break down at any time!  Kudos to the guy in the blue shirt (didn't get his name) who was printing out the photos and handing them out.  Gave us a smile every time no matter how many times he saw us coming to pick up our snaps!  Hopefully the event will come back again next year, even if it's only for one day again.  

Glad you had a good time, Bannsider! I asked the crew at the front desk on the road out on Saturday afternoon and they've said SM is coming back next year but there's no fixed date yet. :smile:

13 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Glad you had a good time, Bannsider! I asked the crew at the front desk on the road out on Saturday afternoon and they've said SM is coming back next year but there's no fixed date yet. :smile:

Really hope BFCC is back next year, bigger and better than ever as Belfast has such great potential and is a lovely city to visit :-)

Edited by fastandloud
Typo

• 2 weeks later...