LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - TOM BAKER

showmasters

3 minutes ago, Longleat68 said:

Thank you. My first London con. When I head back to Toms autograph area after my photo what happens if there is a mega queue? Do i get priority with my DP!?

No problem, if you have any more questions just ask. :D One of the advantages of the diamond pass is that it gives you priority in both the auto and photo queues, so you don't need to worry about the queues at his signing desk. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

8 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

Does Tom accept hugs? Don't want myself to look awkward in front of Mr. Baker.

Unlikely, he's elderly so I doubt he will be willing to do it at the auto desk as firstly it would be physically challenging to hug a lot of people and secondly it will really slow the line down.  Usually you have a better chance in photo's as you can ask for a hug when you walk over but as Tom would be seated that might not make it easy as the positioning would be awkward.

Just remember please that Tom is only there for a limited time. I really don't think there'll be any Queue after the photoshoot where DPs will get priority. it will be an all DP Queue. It is very likely they will only call the remaining DP holders at that time, and Maybe - and that's a big Maybe - the odd VQ ticket. They will have an of how many DPs have not gone through at that Point, and the priority will be the DPs getting their Autographs. Longleat won't be the only one who wants his photoshoot Picture signed.

29 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unlikely, he's elderly so I doubt he will be willing to do it at the auto desk as firstly it would be physically challenging to hug a lot of people and secondly it will really slow the line down.  Usually you have a better chance in photo's as you can ask for a hug when you walk over but as Tom would be seated that might not make it easy as the positioning would be awkward.

Agreed. Definitely not at the Auto desk. I don't think it will work out at the photos with the previous set up either.

Remember guys, Tom was also there for a limited time in july and had more then 30 minutes after his shoot to sign autograph but he never did even if the Blue shirt at his line said he would and I (as a DP holder who was never allowed in the queue because it was always too long) almost didn't get his autograph and only with the help of the red shirts I got his autograph in the photobooth. I can only advise you to go as early as possible. Tom's is also known for being very late at conventions so I would advise going before the shoot starts.

Howdy all! My first time going to a London con but after reading a few posts in here I'm now a bit terrified I might miss out on getting my photo with the Mr Baker as I didn't realise I had to get a diamond pass.  I've just got a normal photo op pass.  Here's hoping the Time Lords smile upon me!

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Tail said:

Howdy all! My first time going to a London con but after reading a few posts in here I'm now a bit terrified I might miss out on getting my photo with the Mr Baker as I didn't realise I had to get a diamond pass.  I've just got a normal photo op pass.  Here's hoping the Time Lords smile upon me!

As long as you are in the photo queue while the shoot is on you will get your photo. :D

The issues being discussed above are about getting an autograph.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Tail said:

No worties, a photo is Indeed guaranteed! 

What a great guest Tom was today. My wife and I had our photo taken with him. We were at the very back of the 45 minute or so long queue in the last batch called, and Tom stood for the whole session. Tom was very gracious and I felt he greeted us no differently than the person he met at the start of the line. It's no wonder he is so popular at these events.

Edited by Anorak
  • Like 2

If he was late it was only by up to 10 minutes. I was in the photobooth at the front of the queue for Bernard Cribbins when an almighty chant of "Tom, Tom, Tom" and cheers went up. That was sometime between 12.00-12.40.

Agree that he was fantastic.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:16 PM, Wenchbabe said:

If he was late it was only by up to 10 minutes. I was in the photobooth at the front of the queue for Bernard Cribbins when an almighty chant of "Tom, Tom, Tom" and cheers went up. That was sometime between 12.00-12.40.

Agree that he was fantastic.

• (I was at front of queue  before Tom got there.) No, was actually a bit early, Tom was the last guest there so the person who was supposed to look after Tom that day asked us to chant his name as he came :clap: he also gave me a pen!
Edited by Dr.1963
  • Like 1

Question,

Has there been any other reported account of Tom giving out pens (Papermate type.) when someone gave him a gift with his name on it, really want to know if he gave me the only one in existence, thanks.

8 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Was there anything special about the pen? If not maybe he just felt obliged to give you something in return.

Well, the tip is silver, the grip is black, the centre has stated in, "TOM BAKER." as the clicker at the end is black.