Gold Pass Advice please

Ceefax77

Hi, It will be my first London Con & I will be attending both days. My question is, is it worth me getting a Gold Pass or just a weekend pass? I want 2 Diamond Passes (Cribbins and Simm), then both autographs and photos with JES Macallan, Tala Ashe,  Jacqueline King, Vinette Robinson, Brian Miller, Sharon D Clarke, Willian Russell & possibly Katie Sackoff, Lucy Davies, Toby Stephens and Eddie Marson. I also want to attend the Legends of tomorrow Q&A. I did 9 autos and 9 photos at Collectormania last year In one day, but Im guessing London will be far bigger in comparison. Are many on my list likely to be on virtual queue tickets? Thanks

Personally I'd say no.  LCC is going to be a bit smaller than Collectormania (I think, haven't been to that one in a while) so if you are buying Diamonds for 2 of your wants I think the rest are doable without Gold  I'd say half your list will be VQ - basically anyone over £20/25 i'd assume will be on it.

If it brings you piece of mind to go for the gold though it is something to consider.

19 minutes ago, Ceefax77 said:

Thank-you for your reply :-) Do you know what time non-golds have to start queuing outside for entry compared to golds? Also do golds get priority In diamond pass queues (if they have both the diamond pass and the gold) 

There's no specified time to start queuing.  Gold's get entry 5 minutes before everyone else but people arrive and start queuing at any time, most will queue in the hour before but some will be earlier depending on if they want to get a lot of the big names.  Golds will have a separate entry queue though.

Golds do not get any priority for Diamond guests and the passes don't combine to give you extra priority I'm afraid.  If you have a gold pass and want an auto from a non Diamond guest, you don't need a VQ and can just join the back of the auto queue, if you want an auto from a Diamond guest, but don't have their Diamond pass, you still need to get a VQ even with a GOld pass.

I can recommend a gold pass....:thumbup:

I got one last summer, and it was worth it.

The entry queue for golds is non existant, and you can come in and out all day without having to re-queue.

The number of times previous years I have got a vq for a guest and the number didn’t even come up.

To avoid any dissapointment and if you don’t like waiting in queues...then get one.

I have one this event and am only there Saturday.

Edited by AckAck