Video Games played in 2019

Tony1975

We have got ones for films and tv shows so thought I would give this a try.

I will start with Resident Evil 2 on the PS4. I love the franchise and have been looking forward to this ever since it was first announced. I am currently playing the first campaign with Leon and really enjoying it so far. It's kept the old school feel of the original but updated it with over the shoulder graphics, new puzzles, charecters and much larger area to explore. Already game of the year contender for me. Can't imagine there will be many games as good as this, this year!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well this topic went down like a lead ballon lol. Surprised as I thought there would be more gamers on the forum.

Anyway for what it's worth I downloaded 'Ghost Survivors' dlc for Resi Evil 2 earlier so looking forward to playing that. Also got Trials Rising on pre order. Loved the previous game and this one is looking to be just as much fun!

Edited by Tony1975

11 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Well this topic went down like a lead ballon lol. Surprised as I thought there would be more gamers on the forum.

Anyway for what it's worth I downloaded 'Ghost Survivors' dlc for Resi Evil 2 earlier so looking forward to playing that. Also got Trials Rising on pre order. Loved the previous game and this one is looking to be just as much fun!

I have fond memories of playing the original Resident Evil games on the PS and would be interested in playing the rebooted versions.

At the moment I'm playing Battlefield 1 campaign.

After that I'm getting Farcry New Dawn as I enjoyed Farcry 5 so much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bumper8 said:

I have fond memories of playing the original Resident Evil games on the PS and would be interested in playing the rebooted versions.

At the moment I'm playing Battlefield 1 campaign.

After that I'm getting Farcry New Dawn as I enjoyed Farcry 5 so much!

Capcom have done a great job in honouring the originals but at the same time updating it for the new generation. The 30 minute demo is available to download. I recommend giving it a go if you haven't already.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

Capcom have done a great job in honouring the originals but at the same time updating it for the new generation. The 30 minute demo is available to download. I recommend giving it a go if you haven't already.

Will check it out!

• Like 1

I thought Farcry New Dawn was a DLC rather than a stand-alone game. Hopefully will get it as a birthday present next month.

Have Wolfenstein 2 on loan and have just started that.

Is Resident Evil 2 demo in PlayStation Store- I couldn't see it.

Edited by Bumper8
Spelling correction

20 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

I thought Farcry New Dawn was a DLC rather than a stand-alone game. Hopefully will get it as a birthday present next month.

Have Wolfenstein 2 on loan and have just started that.

Is Resident Evil 2 demo in PlayStation Store- I couldn't see it.

The demo was on the PlayStation Store before but I have just had a look and its not there anymore.

• 1 month later...

Wolfenstein 2 was very good-the design and look of the game is well-realised and there are lots of side-missions and collectables.

Now playing Mad Max. It seems to be mainly based on Mad Max 2 (film) in terms of the look of the game and the storyline. Resources are scarce as you would expect and gameplay is a good mix of driving & combat. I like games where there is a lot to do in the open world and this fits the bill. If you like Farcry games this will be to your taste.

I had a much greater time with the mobile game Avengers Academy than I expected - the gameplay was nothing special, but the dialogue was fantastic. Extremely silly and funny, and yet, the spirit of all the characters were wonderfully captured. Sadly they decided to shut it down at the end of February. The silver lining is, a few weeks before the end date they gave away loads of the in-game resources that you usually have to either pay or work like mad for, so I could get to see most of the story.

I am on year 3 of Hogwarts Mystery, I still play from time to time. I like the characters and the story twists but the gameplay, particularly the way it's set up to convince you to pay, is annoying.

After attending a conference by John Romero, I decided to remember the good old days of my Doom addiction by getting the 2016 version of the game. It's an absolute blast! That's mostly what I play these days. I want to unlock the legacy maps, so I'm taking the time to discover the secret areas and so on.

I have gone back to Spider-Man on the PS4 and am working my way through the DLC.

Recently finished the story with Black Cat (she needs to be in a Marvel film!) and enjoyed it. Look forward to moving onto to the next story with Hammerhead!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Days Gone.

It's been getting a lot of poor reviews and I can't see why. Been really enjoying it myself. Only negatives from me are long loading screens and it can be a bit tiresome looking for fuel for your bike. Overall great game that I recommend if into action horror games.

• 2 months later...

Just managed to get my paws on the VR for PS4. Tried it out for the first time ever an hour or so ago, game of choice was Batman VR.

Suffice to say I didn't get anywhere in the game I was simply too blown away by how amazing the whole feeling of being thrown into a video game actually felt. Looking around and the immersion is such a really nice feeling, if anyone is on the fence about getting it or trying it out do so. I'm really enjoying the whole VR experience. Amazing how far and impressive technology is these days. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider which was good but the story campaign felt a bit short. Have got a loan of COD Advanced Warfare on PS4 ( had played it on PS3 previously). Enjoying playing it again. The lead voice actor is unsurprisingly absent from the redesigned box artwork.

• 4 weeks later...

Batman: Arkham Knight

A return to the crime-ridden streets of Gotham where "Bats" has a lot of multi-tasking, with Scarecrow wreaking havoc, a crazed arsonist (Firefly) on the rampage, Two-Face robbing banks and Penguin gun-running.

Not to mention The Riddler testing our hero's grey matter, and who is the mysterious Arkham Knight?

All this while Joker is whispering in his ear...

Had been a while since I played an "Arkham" game and the control system took a while to get used to again but I'm really enjoying it.

Amazing graphics and excellent voice-acting.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finished Arkham Knight last week but it did try my patience.

If you want 100% completion you need all the Riddler items and there are 243 of them scattered throughout Gotham!

Playing COD Infinite Warfare now and have just bought Alien Isolation for PS4 as I enjoyed it on PS3.

• 1 month later...

Alien Isolation was great to revisit-amazing visuals and very creepy and atmospheric. Good story too!

If you liked this game you may be interested in Alien Isolation: The Digital Series (free on the web).

Now playing Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.