Jump to content
Tony1975

Photo Shoot question.

Recommended Posts

So this year I am thinking about taking the plunge and have my first ever guest photo shoot. I have only ever done photos at the table before when getting an autograph. It would be with William Shatner at DST.

Anyway my question is this. Looking at the photos at last years that he did he is sitting down (which is perfectly understandable considering his age). Are there always seats available or can you request one to sit next to guests that are sitting down? I am quite tall and wouldn't want to pay for a photo which to me wouldn't look right unless we were at the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to correct section.

I've only done one sit down shoot (Eve Myles) and there was a seat next to her. Michael J. Fox was sitting too, but he was one of those bar style chairs, so the high difference wasn't obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've only done one sitting down shoot, which was with Tom Baker last year, and there was a seat next to him for people to use. :D

What he said. *motions to the Dalek.*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the last Shatner shoot it was a pretty high chair/stool. You might want to crouch a bit but he's at a decent height. For shoots I've done with low chairs (Baker, Cribbo, a sick Jenna Coleman and actual Pele) there's always been a chair for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine it's up to the each guest if they want to sit for the photo. I have done 2 seated and there was a chair next to the guest.

The photographers are excellent. They make the photos look good whether you are seated or standing. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the photographers are fantastic with seated shoots! Here's mine from last year with Tom Baker and they've all turned out well! (Apart from it being taken as a photo of a photo when we were still in London. lol)

TBakerLFCC

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also done Tom Baker and Bernard Cribbins who had a chair for the guest and myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a couple of photoshotts with Kristian Nairn who used a stool but I was standing (although he is very tall).

Also had a photoshoot with Tom Baker and we were both sitting on chairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only shoot I can think of where the guest was seated on a normal chair (i.e. not a high stool) and there wasn't a chair for us was Stan Lee and that was probably for speed reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker and Carrie Fisher had a seat for whoever wanted to use it the photo op, cant even see that you were sitting. Sometimes it is actually better than standing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Segal had a seat last year and one next to him for pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a sit down photoshoot with Hayden Panetierre, never did receive photo, even though I gave good description and paid my money to have it sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

I had a sit down photoshoot with Hayden Panetierre, never did receive photo, even though I gave good description and paid my money to have it sent

Have you checked in the photo library to see if it's available there?  https://showmasters.photoshelter.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazyHorses said:

I had a sit down photoshoot with Hayden Panetierre, never did receive photo, even though I gave good description and paid my money to have it sent

Unless I have missed an announcement on my list somewhere it's been a good few years since Hayden appeared last - 2012.

If someone was missing a picture the mods on here have always tried their best to reunite that person with their missing photo if that person asked about it. I apologize if you were missed, but you are not on any of my lists. 

I truly apologize that this happened, but this is a way too long time ago to do much. I wish you had asked (again) earlier.

As Astro-Nut suggested check the photoshelter site. If it's on there contact the office, explain the situation and maybe they'll send you the download link without charge as an apology. But really, I can't promise anything. This is way too long ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Unless I have missed an announcement on my list somewhere it's been a good few years since Hayden appeared last - 2012.

If someone was missing a picture the mods on here have always tried their best to reunite that person with their missing photo if that person asked about it. I apologize if you were missed, but you are not on any of my lists. 

I truly apologize that this happened, but this is a way too long time ago to do much. I wish you had asked (again) earlier.

As Astro-Nut suggested check the photoshelter site. If it's on there contact the office, explain the situation and maybe they'll send you the download link without charge as an apology. But really, I can't promise anything. This is way too long ago. 

I had a look and it is there, never used forum back then to do posts, I only kept an eye on who is still attending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you never followed up with the office either?

Like I said, try and explain your story to them. But I can't promise anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And you never followed up with the office either?

Like I said, try and explain your story to them. But I can't promise anything.

Don't know how to contact the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

Don't know how to contact the office.

The email address has always been available on the Contact Us part of the website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also there's always been contact info on the store website. 

If you mean you con't know how to contact the office now the current e-mail address has very repeatedly been given on the forum too: info@showmastersevents.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×