LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - JASON MOMOA

Hi

Yes I get what you're saying. So in essence I'm paying just under £100 More to guarantee the pic/autograph or are there other perks than what you've mentioned. Would you recommend the diamond pass? Also just seen the gold pass and now my brain hurts even more...sorry!!

What am I best getting as Jason is my number one guest of choice for the event...

20 minutes ago, k8.83 said:

Hi

Yes I get what you're saying. So in essence I'm paying just under £100 More to guarantee the pic/autograph or are there other perks than what you've mentioned. Would you recommend the diamond pass? Also just seen the gold pass and now my brain hurts even more...sorry!!

What am I best getting as Jason is my number one guest of choice for the event...

If Jason is your priority then I would recommend the diamond pass, as it guarantees your autograph and photo shoot, and it means you will be called first for both. There usually is a price difference between the diamond pass and the price of what it includes if you were to buy everything separately, and this price is for the guarantee of getting everything you want. The diamond doesn't have any other perks outside of guaranteeing you get everything included in it for that guest. 

The gold pass allows you to join the back of any queue which is on the vq system. Gold pass holders do not get to do this with diamond pass guests. For diamond guests, gold pass holders still need to try their luck with vq tickets. Gold pass holders get to enter the venue 5 minutes early, so they should stand a better chance at getting low vq numbers. 

Hope this helps. :D

Edit- Also, if I missed anything, please feel free to add anything to this explanation. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

If Jason is your priority then I would recommend the diamond pass, as it guarantees your autograph and photo shoot, and it means you will be called first for both. There usually is a price difference between the diamond pass and the price of what it includes if you were to buy everything separately, and this price is for the guarantee of getting everything you want. The diamond doesn't have any other perks outside of guaranteeing you get everything included in it for that guest. 

The gold pass allows you to join the back of any queue which is on the vq system. Gold pass holders do not get to do this with diamond pass guests. For diamond guests, gold pass holders still need to try their luck with vq tickets. Gold pass holders get to enter the venue 5 minutes early, so they should stand a better chance at getting low vq numbers. 

Hope this helps. :D

Yes massive help..thank you. I think it's all starting to make sense now. 

• Like 1

If Jason is your number One guest then yes, I recommend the Diamond Pass.

The Gold Pass won't help you much for Jason. He is a Diamond Pass guest, so the advantages as Dalek described do not apply. Gold Pass holders still get in the venue 5 minutes early, so you would get a lower VQ ticket number for Jason. But if he's your only guest I'd say it makes more sense to get the Diamond Pass and focus on Jason.

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

No worries, feel free to ask if you have any more questions. :thumbup:

I almost certainly will!! It's a minefield of info to try and take in but so flipping exciting! Thanks again

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If Jason is your number One guest then yes, I recommend the Diamond Pass.

The Gold Pass won't help you much for Jason. He is a Diamond Pass guest, so the advantages as Dalek described do not apply. Gold Pass holders still get in the venue 5 minutes early, so you would get a lower VQ ticket number for Jason. But if he's your only guest I'd say it makes more sense to get the Diamond Pass and focus on Jason.

Thank you. So although I think this had been answered is it purely queing time that the diamond benefits me? As opposed to buying autograph ticket and photo ticket separately? 

12 minutes ago, k8.83 said:

Thank you. So although I think this had been answered is it purely queing time that the diamond benefits me? As opposed to buying autograph ticket and photo ticket separately? 

DP is the only guarantee you get both photo and auto. There is no auto tickets, only vq tickets which gives you a queue number for when you are allowed to queue up for an autograph with Mr. Momoa. It does not guarantee you an auto. The lower the number on the ticket..the better chance you got. Even with a vq ticket, those tickets are for free and handed out usually at the queue for him, you might not get an auto. High profile guests can get busy and DP are called first at the auto queue. Photo op ticket you will get a photo, as long as you are at the Op at the set times for the day you buy a ticket. You cant use Saturday ticket for Sunday, and vice versa. Jason will most likely have two photo ops each day and the batch number on your ticket tells you when you can queue up for your photo. You can queue up any time after your number has been called, even the PM photo op. But .. only on that day you have bought it for.

Edited by Chris1970

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

DP is the only guarantee you get both photo and auto. There is no auto tickets, only vq tickets which gives you a queue number for when you are allowed to queue up for an autograph with Mr. Momoa. It does not guarantee you an auto. The lower the number on the ticket..the better chance you got. Even with a vq ticket, those tickets are for free and handed out usually at the queue for him, you might not get an auto.

This has 100% just clicked. Thanks to all. I'm in the middle of my 2nd night shift so will say thats why my brain is a little slow, although I think I'm just that stupid haha!! 

3 minutes ago, k8.83 said:

This has 100% just clicked. Thanks to all. I'm in the middle of my 2nd night shift so will say thats why my brain is a little slow, although I think I'm just that stupid haha!! 

Night shift too, so know the feeling.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, k8.83 said:

For what it's worth it seems complicated and can be lengthy to explain, but it's really easy to understand once you've done it, and you be like 'ohhhh, OK'

One thing I will add, the DP's often have a gift included, but it's best not to factor the gift in when considering whether to buy a DP as it's usually just a small item, a little added item, often a specially designed mug or cup.

17 hours ago, Raylenth said:

For what it's worth it seems complicated and can be lengthy to explain, but it's really easy to understand once you've done it, and you be like 'ohhhh, OK'

One thing I will add, the DP's often have a gift included, but it's best not to factor the gift in when considering whether to buy a DP as it's usually just a small item, a little added item, often a specially designed mug or cup.

Thank you. I've booked the DP and cannot wait to go see what it's all about. I've watched loads of videos and it look amazing!

• Like 2

I'm really pleased  about this announcement. I bought a DP for Jason last year, but made a mistake with my Aquaman poster auto. (I chose the wrong colour pen and the signature is almost invisible on the poster)  so I've bought another DP this year and won't mess it up this time. It's a lot of money to spend when all I want is the auto, but I love Aquaman and want that poster signed for my collection. 

Edited by marty2015
Autocorrect

3 hours ago, marty2015 said:

I'm really pleased  about this announcement. I bought a DP for Jason last year, but made a mistake with my Aquaman poster auto. (I chose the wrong colour pen and the signature is almost invisible on the poster)  so I've bought another DP this year and won't mess it up this time. It's a lot of money to spend when all I want is the auto, but I love Aquaman and want that poster signed for my collection. 

Pen colour is such a complicated thing sometimes, it's so easy to make that mistake, though I'm glad you are getting the chance to correct it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see autograph-vouchers being buyalbe beforehand on eventbrite, so I assume they will be available on his table?

Will there be a selection of pictures to choose from?

And will he just sign "Jason Momoa" or something personal?

I'm not a autograph guy, just a pic guy...that's why I ask.

8 minutes ago, Gefahrensucher said:

I don't see autograph-vouchers being buyalbe beforehand on eventbrite, so I assume they will be available on his table?

Autograph vouchers are bought on the sales desk and are not guest specific. They are used if you want to pay with card instead of cash.

You'll need a Virtual Queue ticket if you don't have a diamond pass. These can be collected by his signing table/booth from a crew member. When your number is up you'll join the queue and pay for the auto with cash or vouchers.

There will be a selection of photos that you can choose from (1 free with each auto) or you can bring your own item. The selection usually covers the film/tv shows the guest is most known for.

Pretty sure he didn't do personalisation last year, so you'll only get the auto.

Edited by VikingGrrrl

6 minutes ago, Gefahrensucher said:

Unless you buy a Diamond Pass there is no way to buy autographs in advance.

Unfortunately personalisations can't be guaranteed. Things may even change on the day.

Agggh.  Again :lol:

I think what we should all do is do a quick reply saying 'dealing' then go back in and edit it with the required response, that way everyone else can see someone's replying already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Agggh.  Again :lol:

I think what we should all do is do a quick reply saying 'dealing' then go back in and edit it with the required response, that way everyone else can see someone's replying already.

damn! we are all just too nice wanting to help and answer questions :P