LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - JASON MOMOA

6 minutes ago, David1993 said:

Hello everyone, I got a Diamond Pass to meet him, this is also my first time at LFCC (coming from another country just for this).

And I had a couple questions if that's okay, I admit they can be stupid but I'm a bit lost and confused with this as like I said it's my first time here.

First, the photo shoot and signing can happen hours apart right? And for the signing would I have to get some virtual queue ticket or something?

Thank you :)

Hi, if you ever have any question just ask, someone should be able to help you out. :D

The photo shoot has a set time, which will be on the schedule which will be released about a week before the event. There are no set times for autographs, you can get yours any time after your diamond pass number has been called. As you have the diamond you do not need to get a virtual queue ticket. There is a number on the pass which represents your place in the auto queue, so you can go up any time after your number has been called. The diamond photoshoot would most likely be earlier in the day, and then you would just have to wait for your number to be called for the auto.  Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, David1993 said:

Hello everyone, I got a Diamond Pass to meet him, this is also my first time at LFCC (coming from another country just for this).

And I had a couple questions if that's okay, I admit they can be stupid but I'm a bit lost and confused with this as like I said it's my first time here.

First, the photo shoot and signing can happen hours apart right? And for the signing would I have to get some virtual queue ticket or something?

Hi David, welcome to the forums :thumbup:. I shall now repeat what TFD put, because he types quicker than me (it's not my fault, I'm a bear).

Firstly there are no such things as stupid questions, only stupid answers. Or something like that. Your photo session could be scheduled at any time during the opening hours of the day your DP is valid for. It is likely Mr Momoa will have two sessions (one am and one pm), and as DPs have priority you will be able to go to either one.

For his auto, your DP is all you need. He will be signing whenever he is not at a shoot/talk/lunch/poo. Your DP will have a number and you can join the queue at any point after your number has been called.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, David1993 said:

There will usually be an AM and PM photo session for the big guests, Diamond's will be called first for both sessions, so if it suits you more you can go to the PM session.  Auto's take place all day whenever they guest isn't doing another activity or on a break, again diamonds will be called forward first from the start of the day.  You don't have to be there at the start though as you can't go through until after your number has been called (your number will be on your ticket when you collect it), but once it has you can join the auto queue at any time.  You won't need a VQ for Jason if you have a Diamond as that's kind of the whole point of it ;).  Don't worry about asking questions though, we are here to help and it's better to be confident you know how it works.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much to each and everyone of you for your nice comments and help! Much appreciate it, seriously ^_^

I was just worried about the whole thing as it can be overwhelming for first timers (at least for me it is) and all your comments have cleared my doubts.

By the way, going on the Saturday, any recommendations on how early before doors open should I be there to queue?

Thank you all once again!:clap:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, David1993 said:

Thank you so much to each and everyone of you for your nice comments and help! Much appreciate it, seriously ^_^

I was just worried about the whole thing as it can be overwhelming for first timers (at least for me it is) and all your comments have cleared my doubts.

By the way, going on the Saturday, any recommendations on how early before doors open should I be there to queue?

Thank you all once again!:clap:

If you only want to see Jason Momoa, then as you have the diamond and are guaranteed everything you don't need to queue super early, so I'd say about half an hour before the event starts. If you want to get virtual queue tickets for anyone else then I would advise being there at least an hour before the event starts. :D

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, David1993 said:

It can certainly be very overwhelming for first timers, yes. I remember before my first event I asked loads of questions just to make sure I knew how everything worked. If you have any other questions just ask and we will be more than happy to help you. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

If you only want to see Jason Momoa, then as you have the diamond and are guaranteed everything you don't need to queue super early, so I'd say about half an hour before the event stats. If you want to get virtual queue tickets for anyone else then I would advise being there at least an hour before the event starts. :D

For now all I could afford is him (thought of buying him first in case it gets sold out or something), I'm saving as I am interested in a couple other guests as well and in case more are announced soon:D (but I do fear if I buy more than 1 I might miss one if the time scheduled for each are too close)

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

It can certainly be very overwhelming for first timers, yes. I remember before my first event I asked loads of questions just to make sure I knew how everything worked. If you have any other questions just ask and we will be more than happy to help you out. :thumbup:

Very kind, thank you :thumbup:

The ticket collection for my DP happens inside the event or is there some box office outside I have to go to before entering?

• Like 1

Just now, David1993 said:

The ticket collection for my DP happens inside the event or is there some box office outside I have to go to before entering?

Last year, the DP pickup was right after entry, when you went through security check, but before queuing (in the same hall as the queue). You'll see - there should be signs ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

@David1993 There is a good thread for posting any questions you might have, as they might get overlooked in a specific guest thread, especially when we get closer to the event and the place gets busier.

Thank you, I will use it if I have more questions about the event :D

2 minutes ago, David1993 said:

For now all I could afford is him (thought of buying him first in case it gets sold out or something), I'm saving as I am interested in a couple other guests as well and in case more are announced soon:D (but I do fear if I buy more than 1 I might miss one if the time scheduled for each are too close)

Wise decision to buy early, as he was very popular last year if memory serves. 

Some people have manged 20 guests in one day from what I've heard, so with careful planning it should be easy enough to see everyone you want if you do book for anyone else. :D

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Last year, the DP pickup was right after entry, when you went through security check, but before queuing (in the same hall as the queue). You'll see - there should be signs ;)

Ok thank you!^_^

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Wise decision to buy early, as he was very popular last year if memory serves. 

Some people have manged 20 guests in one day from what I've heard, so with careful planning it should be easy enough to see everyone you want if you do book for anyone else. :D

Wow 20! That is a lot of planning, but if it works out then great! :thumbup:

What's your top number you've done?

2 hours ago, whitewillow said:

Can't you get him to do a talk so people who can't afford an autograph can sort of meet him?

As he's not listed as having one I imagine they won't be doing a talk with him this time, but you never know, they may add one later.

Just now, Raylenth said:

As he's not listed as having one I imagine they won't be doing a talk with him this time, but you never know, they may add one later.

I know :-( I was hoping for the same thing last year, but they never announced a talk. Maybe next time he comes showmasters could get him to do a talk *wink wink*?

On 2/3/2019 at 11:30 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Did Jason reach vqs last year? I'm thinking of trying for an auto this time. I know we can't be certain until the day but I'm curious. :D

yes, I had VQ number around 100 and got my autograph around 1pm on Sunday... it worked - he's very quick in signing... it went like clockwork... 

I don't think the Diamond Pass is nearly sold out. On Saturdays the photoshoots are just at batch 7 of 20 and on Sundays at 3 ;-) so grab a VQ wait a bit and then you will be fine ( so far) :-) 

• Thanks 1

Could someone please explain the diamond pass. I'm a first timer. What's the benefit of the pass over paying for the photo shoot and autograph separately given the price difference. Sorry if this is a stupid question. 

25 minutes ago, k8.83 said:

Could someone please explain the diamond pass. I'm a first timer. What's the benefit of the pass over paying for the photo shoot and autograph separately given the price difference. Sorry if this is a stupid question. 

You are guaranteed your autograph and get preferred seating for talks if the guests does one.

Diamond Passes get called first, in batches. Only after Diamonds have gone through for the day regular VQ numbers will be called. If a guest is a really slow signer they may not get as far as VQ tickets being called. 

If you have a photo ticket you will get a photo, you may just have to wait longer than with a Diamond Pass.

So if your priority is the photo and the autograph is just a "nice to have" buy the photo ticket now, get to the venue early and go straight to Jason's table to get a Virtual Queue ticket.

Does this make sense?