What's included in a Gold Pass?

Lawrance

So I've bought a gold ticket, and unless I've read it wrong cause I always do, we don't have the option to pick two diamond passes of our choice this year? If not, don't worry, I'll just buy the photo sessions for some guests that those for won't allow selfies. I know guests like Jenna Coleman won't! :)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

And that's exactly why I amended the thread title, People will only get confused.

The first post is very confusing.

The Gold Pass listing is in the store now and still clearly says "The Gold Pass includes 2 x Diamond Pass Talks of your choice up to the value of £30 each. Whilst stocks last."

That's the only Thing the Gold Pass ticket had included regarding Diamond Passes. Most definitely no photo sessions like the first post suggests.

Queen, one thing that might need clarifying ASAP if it's possible is this: In the event of large queues, we will implement a Gold only VQ system. 

There's discussion already about if it means, if it's effectively a dedicated Gold line, and if so how will it work, or if it means diamond guests will be seen in this order Diamond, Gold VQ then VQ, and Gold VQ, normal VQ for the big names.

9 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I can check, but seems pretty clear to me. Gold Needs VQ for Diamond Passes anyway. Or do you mean if there's separate dedicated Gold Pass VQ tickets then?

That.  It reads both ways to me though.  My first thought was that they mean they will have a separate queue for the Golds for busy guests

Okay. So...

Diamond Pass Guests: No Change. Gold Passes Need VQ tickets for those anyway. No difference will be made between Gold Pass Holders and Standard entry ticket holders, VQ tickets called by numbers.

Non-Diamond Guests: Separate VQ tickets for Gold Pass holders IF NECESSARY. Translates to: 200 Gold Pass holders decide to jump in the same line, tickets will be given out. Those Gold VQ tickets are called first, then VQ tickets, then open Queue.

I guess in a way we were both right. :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay. So...

Diamond Pass Guests: No Change. Gold Passes Need VQ tickets for those anyway. No difference will be made between Gold Pass Holders and Standard entry ticket holders, VQ tickets called by numbers.

Non-Diamond Guests: Separate VQ tickets for Gold Pass holders IF NECESSARY. Translates to: 200 Gold Pass holders decide to jump in the same line, tickets will be given out. Those Gold VQ tickets are called first, then VQ tickets, then open Queue. 

I guess in a way we were both right. :lol:

Thanks for finding out Queen (guess we have to hope they don't all queue at once) :laugh:

15 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Or to put it another way, both wrong.

Partly wrong

Edited by Raylenth

Does anyone know how the "The Gold Pass includes 2 x Diamond Pass Talks of your choice up to the value of £30 each. Whilst stocks last."  works? First timer at LFCC and have booked a gold pass. Do I get to choose the talks in advance or is it pot puck at the weekend to see which haven't sold out?

Based on previous experience, you get to choose the talks when you collect your Gold Pass goody bag.  Last year, I remember collecting my bits and pieces at a booth by the Gold Pass entrance.   If you turn up early enough, you'll be given your Gold Pass wristband in the queue, so that bit can be sorted out right away; if you're after more urgent stuff like low virtual queue ticket numbers for Diamond Pass guests for whom you don't have a Diamond Pass (even Gold Pass users have to get VQTs for those guests), do that first after you've got in, then come back and pick up your goody bag.

If you're not in a hurry, of course, you can rock up when you feel like it, get your wristband then go straight to the booth and pick up the goody bag and select your talks then.

• 1 month later...

The Gold passes are very useful for a more relaxed, leisurely weekend, with a lot less waiting around.

Two pieces of advice, as someone who has bought the Gold Pass before:

If you're wanting to get an autograph from a Diamond guest and you haven't purchased their Diamond pass, arrive and queue early! Because even with a Gold Pass, Diamond guests require VQ tickets if you don't have their diamond pass, and these are given out on a first come, first served basis. While the Gold Queue is allowed in 5 minutes early, the Gold entrance is on the other side of the hall from the autograph section, and also the Gold queue can be slow to get in if you're at the back of it. Have even had it where they forgot to let the Gold passes in early!

A Gold Pass still does not guarantee you will get an autograph from a Diamond Guest unless you have purchased their Diamond pass! Cannot emphasise this enough. Some guests might never get beyond the Diamond Pass queues they have, or they may only get a short way into the VQ line. For example, Tom Baker was incredibly popular, but only there for a short while and for only one day due to his health. Only Diamond Passes ended up seeing him, as far as I remember. It doesn't happen very often, but CAN happen.

Please note, this does not apply to photographs with Diamond guests!  When you purchase a photograph ticket on the website, you're guaranteed to get it, so no need to panic, and the golds also get to join the queue right after the diamonds, so a lot less waiting around. The Gold pass is really useful if you're wanting a lot of photographs, and want a whole lot less waiting around!

Edited by Blairy550