Gold Pass wishes

Just seen the Gold Pass details for LA Empire Con (also a Showmasters event) and they are a million times better than we have been getting recently for LFCC.

If we can get even something similar even if the free autographs are only 4 or 5 rather than the 12 they are giving for that event it will be a better deal for the money.

Thoughts?

56 minutes ago, natedammit said:

My first thought is that it costs $650.

yeh, that would be close to £500 which is not much more than the usual cost of LFCC Gold Pass and why I stated we don't necessarily need to get the 13 autographs an 2 exclusive prints, although I would be willing to pay slightly more for some guaranteed goods rather than the nothing we have been getting

I think it's really a matter of preference.

First, you have noticed that the Organisers does assign the autographs? So it's really more like the package tickets. Guests being assigned really wouldn't work too well at an event as large as LFACC I think. The chances you get just the ones you wanted would be rather small with that many guests. Plus if you look at the package tickets for other shows unless they are VIP which includes everyone there is usually one guest included of the highest level. That makes chances you get the one you wanted even smaller. If that would be implemented sales would drastically drop I think which would mean price has to be increased to keep that ticket level up and running, or it would go away completely. And the price would likely be higher than the current Gold Pass option anyway if you include guarantees, that's one reason the Diamond Pass is a little extra. Add 5 guarantees and thet extra adds up.

Second I think it's a bit harsh to say that the Gold Pass "gets nothing." You are not guaranteed the Diamond Pass Guests, that is true. But you are pretty much guaranteed anyone else. Maybe not on the first try if you time it wrong - guests can go on a break or do a talk etc. and then Gold Pass priviledges are not applicable. But that's hardly nothing.

Also, I prefer photoshoots to autos (because I'm so darn pretty), so I mainly get the Gold Pass for the convenience of getting through shoots quicker, and being able to buy shoots closer to the date so I can plan my weekend better (without ending up with really high batch numbers). 

I'm not saying there shouldn't be changes to the Gold Pass, just that free autographs (especially assigned ones) wouldn't work for me. But for the Empire Con thing, that type of show, I think it works well. 

I had my first gold pass for last years event,i had been to London for a few years,and thought why not I'll give the gold pass a go,and I yes tend to buy photos and I ended up with about 20 and I fond the pass absolutely brillant and very helpful.i will defiantly be getting another when they go on sale.

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

*Volunteers, not staff. They try their best, but sometimes mistakes happen.

Ok let me rephrase. ' I'd just be happy if the STAFF explained the gold pass rules to the VOLUNTEERS at the show so we actually get what we paid for.

4 minutes ago, gobo1979uk said:

Ok let me rephrase. ' I'd just be happy if the STAFF explained the gold pass rules to the VOLUNTEERS at the show so we actually get what we paid for.

I know what you mean but as Nate says sometimes error's happen.  There's often misunderstandings with Diamonds, VQ's ect, by volunteers who may be new.  It's a lot of info to take in.  If you ever have an issue, speak to the red shirts, they are experienced, and will be able to correct the volunteers - but I appreciate sometimes it might be too late depending on what the issue is.

2 hours ago, CosmicAvatar said:

My Gold Pass wish is that we have some to buy!  I don't dare buy any guest photoshoots yet as I need to know whether I'll have a Gold Pass to help me out.  (Yes, I still find them immensely useful.)

Sorry - I keep asking the Office, but the only info I keep getting is that it's still being discussed.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, gobo1979uk said:

It is in the Crew handbook and it is being pointed out at the Crew briefings in the morning. Unless every volunteer gets a Supervisor that is all I can see being feasibly done.

As Raylenth has said, such issues can easily be solved at the Show by talking to a Pit Boss.

• Sad 1

So Glad for my Platinum Camel Hoof Pass, it gives me Free entry into the venue, Access to all Photo shoots, unlimited Autographs and front of queues for Photos and Autos, it gives me 10 minutes chatting time with each guess If i wish.  I also have access to the green Rooms where Camel Chews are laid on for me. Oh and I get a Free SM Mug. Yep my Pass is only for Camels. How cool 

OHXVQxM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Spacecadet is here said:

So Glad for my Platinum Camel Hoof Pass, it gives me Free entry into the venue, Access to all Photo shoots, unlimited Autographs and front of queues for Photos and Autos, it gives me 10 minutes chatting time with each guess If i wish.  I also have access to the green Rooms where Camel Chews are laid on for me. Oh and I get a Free SM Mug. Yep my Pass is only for Camels. How cool 

Camels get all that?! In that case...

7herYqa.jpg

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, manels1976 said:

Just seen the Gold Pass details for LA Empire Con (also a Showmasters event) and they are a million times better than we have been getting recently for LFCC.

If we can get even something similar even if the free autographs are only 4 or 5 rather than the 12 they are giving for that event it will be a better deal for the money.

Thoughts?

This is Britain. Companies charge what people are daft enough (including me) to pay. If people are buying gold passes in decent number there is no incentive to make them better. Sadly.

That's not only Britain though. I am still expecting Disney to do special hard ticket events when their new Star Wars Lands open, no doubt prices there will start at "need a kidney?" level too, and the events will still be sold out in under 5 minutes. :lol:

And "make them better" is really in the eye of the beholder. A number of people have already explained that the Empire Con version doesn't work for them for one reason or the other.