Raylenth

TV shows watched in 2019

23 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Just finished The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and truly loved it. I have a few small complaints like some poor CGI and Mark Hamill being too obvious (and sounding like The Joker!) but on the whole I thought it was brilliant. At times I was reminded of Lord of the Rings, and in many ways I think this series was better than the original film. I really hope this gets a season 2.

Agree 100%. It was IMO definitely better than the movie. I have to say thought I didn’t notice any poor CGI. I thought they did very well at keeping it to a minimum (although their promise that it was only going to be used to remove puppeteers proved to be false).

• Like 1

Pretty much binge watched good omens, which I thought was brilliant. I have not read the book but will do as soon as it arrives. ( A friend suggested I read the book.)

Season 2 of The Letdown. As a total disaster-parent I love this show. Very funny, touching, bit awkward, quality show.

La casa Del Papel: amazing show, you have to watch it in Spanish tho, only that way you get the full experience. 

Downton Abbey: beautiful, great stories, great acting, the scenery and costumes are very well done, also a beautiful soundtrack.

The Umbrella academy: funny, witty, great action scenes, the story is intriguing, can't wait to see the end, also great choice of songs

• Like 1

Marianne  - If you like scary/gory this is the series for you. It's that scary it makes any Stephen King adaptation look like Cbeebies. But it is compelling and well written. My recommendation is to watch in French with subtitles. The dubbed version is pants.