Jump to content
Raylenth

TV shows watched in 2019

Recommended Posts

Just started Derry Girls. Hilarious, love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baptiste.  I had liked the character in the Missing so wasn't surprised when I saw they were giving him his own series, and I have enjoyed watching it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched two cracking series this year - one well-known , the other maybe not.

Chernobyl - As some who was about 14 at the time of the disaster, it opened my eyes to how bad it truly was.

The Miracle (il Miraclo) - it is in Italian with English subtitles, but don't let that put anyone off, the storyline is superb and the ending brilliant. Part of me wants a 2nd series but because the ending was so good, I don't want it spoilt.

Also watched Riveria S2, Blindspot S4 (a few episodes left to watch) and currently have Big Little Lies s2 on the planner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Shows 

Vikings S5, Punisher S2, Star Trek Discovery S2, The Umbrella Academy S1, Still Game S9, Walking Dead S9, AfterLife S1, Superstore S4, Love Death & Robots S1, The OA S2, Scot Squad S5, One-Punch Man S2, Game of Thrones S8, Attack on Titan S3, What We Do in the Shadows S1, Agents of Shield S6, When They See Us, Black Mirror S5, Designated Survivor S3, Jessica Jones S3, Stranger Things S3, Dr Stone S1, Another Life S1 and The Boys S1.

Standouts: The OA,  Attack on Titan and The Boys. 

Older Shows

One Piece, Black Clover, Mayans MC S1, Yu Yu Hakusho, Supernatural S13, Westworld S2, Life, Planet Earth, Star Trek Enterprise S1-4, Smallville S1 & 2 and Star Trek S2.

Standouts: One Piece and Star Trek Enterprise S3 & 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 7:13 PM, Sambuca Sam said:

Watched two cracking series this year - one well-known , the other maybe not.

Chernobyl - As some who was about 14 at the time of the disaster, it opened my eyes to how bad it truly was.

The Miracle (il Miraclo) - it is in Italian with English subtitles, but don't let that put anyone off, the storyline is superb and the ending brilliant. Part of me wants a 2nd series but because the ending was so good, I don't want it spoilt.

Also watched Riveria S2, Blindspot S4 (a few episodes left to watch) and currently have Big Little Lies s2 on the planner.

Apparently the Russians have made their own TV drama series about Chernobyl which suggests it was all a CIA plot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started watching 'Chernobyl' Only saw the first episode, but already mind blowing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why shouldn't you wear Russian underpants?

Chernobyl fallout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Why shouldn't you wear Russian underpants?

Chernobyl fallout.

That's actually quite good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's actually quite good

The tone of surprise somewhat diminishes the compliment, but I'll take it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, Broo said:

Just started Derry Girls. Hilarious, love it.

Brilliant show!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Love the rookie with nathan fillion.

cobra kai love it.  New twist with a good bit of nostalgia.

handmaids tale loves S1  got bored S2

chernobyl  thought it was done brilliantly!!!   Hauntingly brilliant.

Derry Girls hilariously brilliant easy watching.

the good doctor really enjoyed it.

star trek discover and Rewatching  star trek enterprise    

the boys binged it... loved it!!!   It aint playing tho.  Awesome.

Sure theres a couple i have missed.

Edited by HeartDT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21 July 2019 at 9:23 AM, Broo said:

Just started Derry Girls. Hilarious, love it.

Ironically, never watched it. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished season 3 of Stranger Things. I'm not a fan of what I refer to as "gloopy sci-fi" which this season literally is, but the character focus was brilliant and acting amazing by everyone so a thumbs up overall :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to start Penny Dreadful this evening as I've heard good things. Anyone here seen it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 11:42 AM, Broo said:

Hoping to start Penny Dreadful this evening as I've heard good things. Anyone here seen it?

Three episodes in and I *love* it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Frankenstein Chronicles S1 & 2.  Absolutely loved it and hope we get a series 3.  It's a wonderful series with Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen  that I'd recommend everyone watch, and at only 6 episodes per series, it doesn't take a huge time investment.

 

It's quite dark and graphic about what life was really like for the poor people in the early 1800's and is a show that's definitely on the more gory side, and a warning that there are quite a few incidences of child deaths in the series, but it really is a good show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The Frankenstein Chronicles S1 & 2.  Absolutely loved it and hope we get a series 3.  It's a wonderful series with Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen  that I'd recommend everyone watch, and at only 6 episodes per series, it doesn't take a huge time investment.

 

It's quite dark and graphic about what life was really like for the poor people in the early 1800's and is a show that's definitely on the more gory side, and a warning that there are quite a few incidences of child deaths in the series, but it really is a good show.

Yeah I watched that a while ago when it was on Netflix. Can’t believe I missed it when it was on as it’s my kind of thing. I don’t think there is going to be a series 3 sadly. I’m sure I read an interview with Sean Bean where he said it was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ravogd said:

Yeah I watched that a while ago when it was on Netflix. Can’t believe I missed it when it was on as it’s my kind of thing. I don’t think there is going to be a series 3 sadly. I’m sure I read an interview with Sean Bean where he said it was over.

It's one I always meant to watch but didn't have access to whichever channel it was originally on and it's been on my Netflix watch list for a bit but after watching Jessica Jones and Stranger I needed to pick something new and decided to go with TFC.  Yeah, they left it in a place where if there aren't any more it felt like an ending, but they can easily pick up from.  I read a couple of articles and no one's said it's been cancelled or anything so there's a chance, but given the longer it goes on, it's most likely that just no one will come back to it, so I think you are right and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The Frankenstein Chronicles S1 & 2.  Absolutely loved it and hope we get a series 3.  It's a wonderful series with Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen  that I'd recommend everyone watch, and at only 6 episodes per series, it doesn't take a huge time investment.

Good to hear! It's on my list, just haven't gotten around to it yet! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VikingGrrrl said:

Good to hear! It's on my list, just haven't gotten around to it yet! :thumbup:

Do it!  Do it now!  I was tearing up in a few places.

There was a scene at the very end of the penultimate episode that reminded me strongly of Hannibal which made me happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Do it!  Do it now!  I was tearing up in a few places.

There was a scene at the very end of the penultimate episode that reminded me strongly of Hannibal which made me happy.

Without Mads and Hugh? I can't see how that could make you happy :laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VikingGrrrl said:

Without Mads and Hugh? I can't see how that could make you happy :laugh:

Eh, I  was projecting them into it mentally.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the final series of Gotham.

Shame it's all over. But all 5 series were brilliant TV. Very original. The actors were brilliant. The writing and production superb. Took a bit of getting into for the first few episodes of series 1 but well worth persevering with. Absolutely fantastic. I would thoroughly recommend it. :clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×