TV shows watched in 2019

Raylenth

I've been rewatching 'Allo 'Allo on and off, just finished Series 3. It's as brilliant as I remembered from way back!

I am enjoying The Gifted season 2, but I do like superhero stuff beyond reason. I am also watching, and liking a lot, season 2 of Runaways.

Also making up for lost time on The Good Place, currently midway through season 2. It's fantastic!

A couple years ago a group of friends started to watch Star Trek from the beginning: two episodes per week, with a Facebook group to comment on what we've seen. It's a great way to watch, particularly if you feel The Original Series looks and feels too dated - someone always points out the cool stuff to watch out for. We are currently about to finish season 6 of The Next Generation.

Edited by MarioVl

6 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

I've been rewatching 'Allo 'Allo on and off, just finished Series 3. It's as brilliant as I remembered from way back!

I am enjoying The Gifted season 2, but I do like superhero stuff beyond reason. I am also watching, and liking a lot, season 2 of Runaways.

Also making up for lost time on The Good Place, currently midway through season 2. It's fantastic!

A couple years ago a group of friends started to watch Star Trek from the beginning: two episodes per week, with a Facebook group to comment on what we've seen. It's a great way to watch, particularly if you feel The Original Series looks and feels too dated - someone always points out the cool stuff to watch out for. We are currently about to finish season 6 of The Netx Generation.

I binge-watched Allo Allo before LFCC last year, first time I watched it again since it was first shown. It is a cult series. Right now I am into M*A*S*H, but have little hope anyone of them will show up at a con.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarioVl said:

I am also watching, and liking a lot, season 2 of Runaways.

I didn't like Runaways :mellow: Only managed to watch the first episodes. Didn't find it interesting at all :(

The Good Place is goood! Only seen season 1 though. (Yes that was a hint for you Netflix! Give me season 2!!)

21 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I didn't like Runaways :mellow: Only managed to watch the first episodes. Didn't find it interesting at all :(

The Good Place is goood! Only seen season 1 though. (Yes that was a hint for you Netflix! Give me season 2!!)

I am a huge fan of the original comics, so I guess seeing the characters come to life and interact was good enough for me. The pacing of season 1 is a bit too slow though. It seems to have picked up in season 2, but it's probably too late for the audience they lost.

Netflix regional differences are weird. In my home country I'm fairly sure they showed The Good Place season 3 as soon as it started airing in the US. But we have to wait for ages for some other stuff, or never get it at all.

Just finished Hannibal series 1-3 again.  I've seen 1 & 2 a couple of times now but this is the first time I've rewatched S3, and I didn't know there was a post credit scene to end it before so really glad I found out about it.  It's a brilliant show and such a shame they cancelled it.  Very graphic and bloody, unsurprising given what it's about but it's really gripping, very well acted and written.

• Like 3

Better Call Saul series 4, just finished the last episode, seems to be the night for finishing series (at least until S5 is made).  It's as good as the prior ones and a really good watch, a very very worthy successor and predecessor of Breaking Bad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Just finished Hannibal series 1-3 again.  I've seen 1 & 2 a couple of times now but this is the first time I've rewatched S3, and I didn't know there was a post credit scene to end it before so really glad I found out about it.  It's a brilliant show and such a shame they cancelled it.  Very graphic and bloody, unsurprising given what it's about but it's really gripping, very well acted and written.

Yeah, I've never rewatched S3, as I just thought it was getting too weird with the trippy visuals and music. Like it was on the verge of disappearing up Bryan Fuller's bottom. Should probably give it a go though, if only I could find a good reason to. 

16 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yeah, I've never rewatched S3, as I just thought it was getting too weird with the trippy visuals and music. Like it was on the verge of disappearing up Bryan Fuller's bottom. Should probably give it a go though, if only I could find a good reason to. 

Raylenth isn't in it stalking Mads. Isn't that a good enough reason? ;)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Wait.. what? Don't think I've seen it :o

I honestly can't remember if I did originally or not, it's been a while, but yeah, and it kind of hints to a resolution of the last scene so definitely give it a watch

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

That was what stopped me as well, the first 6 episodes are definitely different in style, but if you can either ignore those or just get through it the rest are still good.

I have to say though, poor, poor Chilton - he's a tool, but still.

Just finished the second season of Punisher and really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the better Marvel Netflix shows. I’ve heard some people didn’t like the end, but it worked for me. Now all we have to do is wait a few weeks and Netflix will cancel it along with the others! 

Don't know if this counts but I watched the Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix. Thought it was very well done, provided fascinating insight into not just the killer himself but various individuals involved, and if documentaries on morbid topics is your thing I'd recommend for sure

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Don't know if this counts but I watched the Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix. Thought it was very well done, provided fascinating insight into not just the killer himself but various individuals involved, and if documentaries on morbid topics is your thing I'd recommend for sure

My whole life is a documentary on morbid topics.