TV shows watched in 2019

Raylenth

23 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Just finished The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and truly loved it. I have a few small complaints like some poor CGI and Mark Hamill being too obvious (and sounding like The Joker!) but on the whole I thought it was brilliant. At times I was reminded of Lord of the Rings, and in many ways I think this series was better than the original film. I really hope this gets a season 2.

Agree 100%. It was IMO definitely better than the movie. I have to say thought I didn’t notice any poor CGI. I thought they did very well at keeping it to a minimum (although their promise that it was only going to be used to remove puppeteers proved to be false).

• Like 1

La casa Del Papel: amazing show, you have to watch it in Spanish tho, only that way you get the full experience. 

Downton Abbey: beautiful, great stories, great acting, the scenery and costumes are very well done, also a beautiful soundtrack.

The Umbrella academy: funny, witty, great action scenes, the story is intriguing, can't wait to see the end, also great choice of songs

• Like 1

The Dark Crystal AOF

Agree with what the others said, it's a brilliant series and there is little wrong with it.  I also thought it had a LOTR vibe, especially the last episode.  I love The Heretic and UrGoh.

"Sorry we were late, we stopped off to make banners"

On 9/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, only_jay said:

Finally been catching up on season of 3 of Legion, still a couple more episodes to go. 

Love this show it is so crazy and totally different to any other comic book series.

I've just watched the final two episodes.

I'm pretty glad it's over to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

The Confession - I see Martin Freeman in the cast list and I already have a reason to watch. :lol:

Bit of a slow burner to start but a very thought provoking series with a stellar performance by all the cast.

I haven't watched it yet :smile:

10 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Getting up to speed with The Good Place.

Gave Derry Girls a whirl. Funnier than I thought it would be. 

Also watched a few episodes of House for the first time in my life.

I love House.

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I love House.

Oh no, someone's sick.

It's probably this.

Uh oh, it wasn't that and now they're worse.

What could it be, hmm?

Maybe it's lupus?

Shut up Billy Kennedy from Neighbours, it's not lupus.

I think it's this.

That? But if it's not that, the treatment will kill them.

We should do it anyway.

Ok, fine.

Let's wait anxiously.

Oww, my leg hurts.

Hooray, it was that, they're not dead!

Let's celebrate.

No, grr.

21 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Oh no, someone's sick.

It's probably this.

Uh oh, it wasn't that and now they're worse.

What could it be, hmm?

Maybe it's lupus?

Shut up Billy Kennedy from Neighbours, it's not lupus.

I think it's this.

That? But if it's not that, the treatment will kill them.

We should do it anyway.

Ok, fine.

Let's wait anxiously.

Oww, my leg hurts.

Hooray, it was that, they're not dead!

Let's celebrate.

No, grr.

Well I honestly can't argue with that but you could apply the same format to any program!

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well I honestly can't argue with that but you could apply the same format to any program!

Any program except Neighbours. It's a constant cavalcade of curveballs. Will someone fake a stalker to get guy to fall for her? Will someone be reunited with their transgender child, only to leave because he can't handle that his son is now his daughter? Will someone drive a car into a marquee because he thinks his Dad doesn't care about him?

And that's just all in the last week.

Elementary.  I've just watched the final episode and it was predictable but a good ending to the series.  I've enjoyed watching it for it's own merits and whilst I think BBC Sherlock is better, I've never regarded it as a competition between the 2 and Elementary did their own thing and did it well.  I still can't say I particularly like Lucy Liu but it was a very enjoyable show never the less.

• 2 weeks later...

Mindhunter S1 & 2, Netflix.  This is a really enjoyable series about the FBI BSU and their development of a system of classification and analysts of serial killers in order to help solve current crimes.

Although this is a fictionalised version and the main characters have been created for the show it's very accurate.  They go out and interview famous incarcerated killers and the attention to detail in the casting of the actors playing the killers is superb, the resemblances are uncanny.  Both series are driven by real killers and crimes and it's fascinating, though disturbing to watch and made more accurate by the fact that the main cast aren't portrayed as super agents who are perfect and can do no wrong, they are played as realistic people with issues like anyone, in fact rather than having everyone be ultra likeable, one of the main agents is kind of a dick.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Mindhunter S1 & 2, Netflix.  This is a really enjoyable series about the FBI BSU and their development of a system of classification and analysts of serial killers in order to help solve current crimes.

Although this is a fictionalised version and the main characters have been created for the show it's very accurate.  They go out and interview famous incarcerated killers and the attention to detail in the casting of the actors playing the killers is superb, the resemblances are uncanny.  Both series are driven by real killers and crimes and it's fascinating, though disturbing to watch and made more accurate by the fact that the main cast aren't portrayed as super agents who are perfect and can do no wrong, they are played as realistic people with issues like anyone, in fact rather than having everyone be ultra likeable, one of the main agents is kind of a dick.

I've had this on my 'to watch' list for ages, gonna have to try to get started on it sooner than later, sounds exactly my kind of thing :)

On 11/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, Raylenth said:

Do it now!

@Raylenth We have watched the first 4 episodes now, ooft what a good! Loving it, particularly impressed by the actor portraying Kemper but everyone's fantastic in it. Kids are gonna have to go to bed early tonight so I can binge more episodes! :lol:

• Like 1