Films watched in 2019

Raylenth

Salyut 7 (2017)

Soviet Cosmonauts attempt to rescue an ailing space station before it re-enters the Earth's atmosphere.

A true story (with some dramatic licence no doubt) and a very good film.

Visual effects are excellent.

If you liked Apollo 13 and don't mind subtitles you will enjoy this.

8 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:
21 minutes ago, Broo said:

Ocean's 8. It was meh. Very, very meh.

That's being generous.

As a true misogynist at heart, it amuses me to see all the 'let's remake a predominantly male film as a predominantly female film' films be considerably worse than the originals. 

Happy Death Day 2U.

I enjoyed the first one but this ... oh dear! Was it supposed to be a comedy?, sci-fi?, family drama? It tried to be all of them unfortunately and ended up being a mess. Very little in the way of horror and the killer reveal just felt like it had been tacked onto the end.

Shame because the film had got all the main cast back but they were let down by a poor script.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Fighting With the Family was a good comedy drama that will certainly appeal to Wrestling fans. It has been a little overrated by the critics but is a good film

Actually most wrestling fans just can't help but pick holes in the inaccuracies in the story, thus ruining their enjoyment of the film. Much like when they watch actual wrestling. 

Captain Marvel was good but I certainly thought it was weaker than the other adaptations in the same universe. It worked well as a prequel and had some great music but fell slightly short in the genre.

JP Fallen Kingdom.  First time I've rewatched since seeing it at the cinema and it hasn't improved.  Silly plot point still, like dino's surrounded by and being hurt by lava more interested in looking at/growling at the humans than running for their lives ect.

But it's got dino's in so that automatically makes it awesome.