Films watched in 2019

Raylenth

Upgrade (2018)

After a man is left as a quadriplegic following a brutal mugging in which his wife was killed, an enigmatic tech tycoon offers him an "upgrade" that allows him to regain the use of his limbs and also affords him enhanced abilities.

Cue some well-choreographed and brutal fight scenes as our hero exacts his revenge.

The plot wasn't as straightforward as I thought it would be.

Recommended.

• Like 1

I saw The Hate U Give, Instant Family and How To Train Your Dragon 3 yesterday. I would recommend all of these, they were all amazing movies. On Wednesday I saw The Favourite, Serenity and a Dutch filmed called Vals, I didn't like any of them unfortunately. 

Three Identical Strangers - Filmed as a documentary with archive footage and present day interviews. Identical triplets adopted by three different families who found each other by pure coincidence aged 19 by a strange quirk of fate as two of them went to the same college.

The euphoria of meeting evaporated when it was discovered that they and other identical siblings had been deliberately separated in a classic 'nature versus nurture' experiment. The realisation that their lives had been engineered as a social experiment had long term negative effects. Unbelievable that this was possible in 1960's America, especially considering the doctor in charge was Jewish and had survived the Holocaust.

Very thought provoking.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:23 PM, Broo said:

Watched What We Do in the Shadows this morning instead of what I should have been doing which was housework.

Good film, very funny, would recommend if you have a quirky/odd sense of humour :)

I've been wanting to see it for a while, but can't find it on any of the streaming services :( Good to know it's a good watch :smile:

• Like 1

saw The Prodigy and Time Freak on Saturday. The Prodigy was really good, had some great jump scares but overall wasn't too scary. Time Freak was really funny, wasn't sure if I was gonna like it after watching the trailer but it did surprise me. There's this one scene near the end that was just hilarious. 

1 hour ago, SSiebum said:

Time Freak was really funny, wasn't sure if I was gonna like it after watching the trailer but it did surprise me. There's this one scene near the end that was just hilarious. 

Isn't that the film about the guy that's crazy obsessed with herbs?

Oh no wait, that's 'Thyme Freak'.

• Haha 1

Happy Death Day 2U was fantastic. If you are a fan of the original you'll love it. It was more light hearted than the first and certainly had a larger budget, but it was a great follow up that explained the first movie well.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Happy Death Day 2U was fantastic. If you are a fan of the original you'll love it. It was more light hearted than the first and certainly had a larger budget, but it was a great follow up that explained the first movie well.

Really liked the first one so will give this a try