Films watched in 2019

Raylenth

12 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

I've just watched Star Wars (A New Hope to you youngsters) for the first time on blu ray...

UfZlU7t.gif

I’ve got a fan made 4K version of the original cinematic release (none of your 1996 new effects nonsense) to watch. It was made from a genuine film print of the movie and looks incredible.

• Like 2

Maend og Hons.  Or Men and Chicken to you common uneducated people

:huh:

That is without a doubt one of the oddest films I have ever watched (one might even say it was clucking weird (See what I did there Nate ;))).  It's different, and it's not bad but it's certainly not one for the kiddies or anyone who might be morally offended easily.

Image result for men and chicken

Why Mads, is that a rolling pin you have in your butt crack or are you just happy to see us?

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Maend og Hons.  Or Men and Chicken to you common uneducated people

That is without a doubt one of the oddest films I have ever watched (one might even say it was clucking weird (See what I did there Nate ;))).  It's different, and it's not bad but it's certainly not one for the kiddies or anyone who might be morally offended easily.

Image result for men and chicken

Why Mads, is that a rolling pin you have in your butt crack or are you just happy to see us?

The things you do for art.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

No but I must admit I'm definitely intrigued. I love odd films.

Go watch it. If you like odd films you might not think it's that odd, if you have seen others to compare it to, but for me it's definitely on the odd side, but worth a watch if you can find it on anything.  

Just now, Raylenth said:

Go watch it. If you like odd films you might not think it's that odd, if you have seen others to compare it to, but for me it's definitely on the odd side, but worth a watch if you can find it on anything.  

I take it it's old? I'm sure I can dig it out from somewhere.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

I take it it's old? I'm sure I can dig it out from somewhere.

Actually no, 2015, but it's a Danish language film so I don't know if it'll be on any platforms or not.

Edited by Raylenth

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I'm disappointed, I thought you'd like it but you don't seem very enthused.

Actually, I'm not sure I did think you'd like it, I just wanted you to watch it to see a very different side to Mads. Maybe you'll prefer 'Adams Æbler'.

11 hours ago, Ravogd said:

No but I must admit I'm definitely intrigued. I love odd films.

I think you'd love it. What that says about my impression of you may or may not be complimentary.

Edited by natedammit

23 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Actually, I'm not sure I did think you'd like it, I just wanted you to watch it to see a very different side to Mads. Maybe you'll prefer 'Adams Æbler'.

Oh I did like it, I was chortling my way through it and did indeed love seeing Mads in a very different role, his portrayal of the character was excellently done.  I know opinion is divided on the film for a variety of reasons but I think it was well done by all and was a good watch.

I wouldn't have been encouraging Rav to watch it if I thought it was 'meh'

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

I think you'd love it. What that says about my impression of you may or may not be complimentary.

I didn’t know you did impressions.

Aquaman.  Man with Daddy issues as he has an ahole for a father fights fish man who appears to have jet powered farts?  Followed by man with Mummy issues and a bright shiny suit fights Aquaman over the glow stick of power.  It is a very pretty film but very 'meh'.  

How shall I define the plot?

Previsibile

Vorhersagbar

Forutsagbar

I shall not even rail against the plot point of a man retrofitting advanced and completely unfamiliar technology on his own in mere hours.

Yeah, that's OK, hundreds of lives are being lost, but finish your snog.  And it's nice that certain people who might have been able to stop it went home to change clothes first.  Lots of bits kept making me think they had ripped off other films.

On the other hand it does have giant armoured seahorses in it and ridable Nessies, so yay!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Aquaman.  Man with Daddy issues as he has an ahole for a father fights fish man who appears to have jet powered farts?  Followed by man with Mummy issues and a bright shiny suit fights Aquaman over the glow stick of power.  It is a very pretty film but very 'meh'.  

How shall I define the plot?

Previsibile

Vorhersagbar

Forutsagbar

I shall not even rail against the plot point of a man retrofitting advanced and completely unfamiliar technology on his own in mere hours.

Yeah, that's OK, hundreds of lives are being lost, but finish your snog.  And it's nice that certain people who might have been able to stop it went home to change clothes first.  Lots of bits kept making me think they had ripped off other films.

On the other hand it does have giant armoured seahorses in it and ridable Nessies, so yay!

Yeah but it’s Jason an he’s lovely innit. Sells a lot of photoshoots I hear.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark was a good (albeit very loose) adaptation of the book. It had some scary moments and was great for nostalgia. My only complaint was that the effects took over too much towards the end. If you like horrors or are a fan of the book this is for you.

On 8/18/2019 at 12:21 AM, Bumper8 said:

I've just watched Star Wars (A New Hope to you youngsters) for the first time on blu ray...

UfZlU7t.gif

Showing my age..First saw Star Wars January 1st 1977 at a cinema in Tottenham Court Road.it was one of the first public showings in the U.K(none of this midnight screening nonsense) we were around 30th in the queue. The  queue that morning went on for over a mile..Till this day nothing takes away the roar of the Imperial cruiser in the first scene as it comes into view. So with the last film planned for December it's been a heck of a journey.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

Showing my age..First saw Star Wars January 1st 1977 at a cinema in Tottenham Court Road.it was one of the first public showings in the U.K(none of this midnight screening nonsense) we were around 30th in the queue. The  queue that morning went on for over a mile..Till this day nothing takes away the roar of the Imperial cruiser in the first scene as it comes into view. So with the last film planned for December it's been a heck of a journey.  

I think you mean 1978.

• Like 2