Films watched in 2019

Raylenth

Right so I think I have actually managed to see more films in 2019 than I did in 2018 already!! Admittedly mostly ones I'm catching up on but still.

The Shape of Water. What an odd. Great cast though!

Mission Impossible Fallout. I'm a bit sentimental about the MI film since I saw the first in the cinema way back when. It did the job, solid action film, enjoyed it!

Justice League. Watched this with my husband again cause he hadn't seen it yet. God it really is terrible, disliked it even more on this second viewing.

Edited by Broo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Right so I think I have actually managed to see more films in 2019 than I did in 2018 already!! Admittedly mostly ones I'm catching up on but still.

The Shape of Water. What an odd. Great cast though!

Mission Impossible Fallout. I'm a bit sentimental about the MI film since I saw the first in the cinema way back when. It did the job, solid action film, enjoyed it!

Justice League. Watched this with my husband again cause he hadn't seen it yet. God it really is terrible, disliked it even more on this second viewing.

I actually just watched The Shape Of Water on Friday for the first time. I actually loved it, cast was awesome as you say. It is an odd film I suppose but it is great at the same time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

giphy.gif

I watched this tonight, it is the best Pixar film, and one of the greatest films ever made.

You need to go and watch Coco then. Or watch it again and admit the truth if you already have ;)

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You need to go and watch Coco then. Or watch it again and admit the truth if you already have ;)

I watched Coco a couple of weeks ago. It was really good, one of the better Pixar films (and that's a very high standard). Inside Out is on another level though. Also, Up sucks.

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

I watched Coco a couple of weeks ago. It was really good, one of the better Pixar films (and that's a very high standard). Inside Out is on another level though. Also, Up sucks.

Was totally on your side for a minute then you said UP sucks :laugh:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Inside Out is one of Pixar's best movies, I love it. I also agree that Up is overrated if it wasn't for the first 15 minutes it would be considered a mediocre story.

My opinions are being validated. This is new for me.

11 hours ago, natedammit said:

I like Up, and my sister and her partner are basically the spitting image of Carl and Ellie so it has extra resonance!

40 minutes ago, natedammit said:

My opinions are being validated. This is new for me.

Even a broken clock is right once a day :freak2:

Aquaman

Loved it, a very light DC movie, potentially the savior of the DC universe. Great visual effects, good music and good acting. Reminded me a lot of Thor Ragnarok though in type of humor and also a lot of style elements of Tron Legacy in filming style and music.

The crimes of Grindelwald

It feels like a set up movie, which it is for the coming three other fantastic beasts movies. A lot of references to Harry Potter, which is ok. I liked Jude law as Dumbledore, but the best actor was Johnny Depp, he pleasantly surprised me. I really loved him as Grindelwald. 

Edited by Kurdamoni

Rampage.  Surprisingly OK for a Rock film.  Hardly a deep and introspective plot and the villains were very 2 dimensional, all they needed was a couple of 'mwaa ha haaa's' to be totally diabolical, but not a bad as I thought it would be, certainly a lot better than San Andreas.

And it had a giant flying wolf in it, so 'nuff said.

Edited by Raylenth