Latest Guest Announcement - JENNA COLEMAN - DIAMOND PASS NOW AVAILABLE

showmasters

On 1/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, Raylenth said:

In my opinion John is a rarer guest, and therefore will be busier.

Yeah, i understand but Jenna's photo shoots are almost out of stock plus, she's been in The Cry, Doctor who and Victoria

Diamond Pass photos are going into the total too. I personally would expect the totals of photosessions sold about even for these two. 

Plus we have enough attendees complaining that there are too many anyway. We got lucky for Gemma, a Diamond Pass wasn't necessary for her. SM have already explained a number of times, Diamond Pass Guests would not attend without the Diamond Pass.

12 minutes ago, melliott1963 said:

I hope that enough time is allowed for everyone who buys a photo shoot ticket to actually get a photo, especially those with later batches.

Er                   Of course it will be :headscratch:

1 hour ago, melliott1963 said:

I hope that enough time is allowed for everyone who buys a photo shoot ticket to actually get a photo, especially those with later batches.

Showmasters have been doing this for a long time and know how long is needed to get the amount of people who have bought tickets through a photoshoot, which will be reflected in the schedule. I have only ever seen very rare occasions, with extreme circumstances not within SM's control where people have not gotten their photos. I'm sure it will be fine.

18 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Showmasters have been doing this for a long time and know how long is needed to get the amount of people who have bought tickets through a photoshoot, which will be reflected in the schedule. I have only ever seen very rare occasions, with extreme circumstances not within SM's control where people have not gotten their photos. I'm sure it will be fine.

If I have bought two photoshoots in batch 1, do I have to re-queue for the second one or have the two shoots one after the other?

On 2/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, Wrong Name said:

Did you see the chaos at the David Tennant photoshoot area last year? I’ve never seen such a badly organised queuing system and the staff on duty didn’t seem to know what other staff members had done. One young girl staff member started letting a load of people who had only just turned up and only had normal tickets push in front of a whole crowd of us with diamond passes and who had been queuing for ages!!! Quite how a fight didn’t break out I don’t know!

So they’ve still got a hell of a lot to learn if that’s anything to go by.

Just now, melliott1963 said:

Did you see the chaos at the David Tennant photoshoot area last year? I’ve never seen such a badly organised queuing system and the staff on duty didn’t seem to know what other staff members had done. One young girl staff member started letting a load of people who had only just turned up and only had normal tickets push in front of a whole crowd of us with diamond passes and who had been queuing for ages!!! Quite how a fight didn’t break out I don’t know!

They had one chaotic shoot during an event which had at least fifty. Nothing is perfect all the time, and although the situation with Tennant was unfortunate it is not the norm for these events.

33 minutes ago, melliott1963 said:

The David Tennant situation was frustrating for all and caused by his very late announcement and them needing to put him on the prop shoot area for the Tardis shoot - thus a small, usually quiet photo booth was suddenly inundated with hundreds of people turning up and the crew were overwhelmed - blame it on the attendees as well, those who turned up before they were called and who wouldn't leave the area.  It was very unfortunate, but unfortunately the poor crew were overwhelmed.  I personally know of one experienced crew member who wasn't working that day who stepped in to try and help when she saw what was going on.

Did it go spam up?  Yes it did a bit, but that's unusual thankfully, the shoots are usually very smooth.

• Like 1

What the others said.

The Tennant Situation was extremely unlucky, but most definitely nothing to go by. The shoots not running smoothly is extremely rare, and while some have been delayed in the last years nothing has been as bad as this one.

And as Raylenth said, unfortunately a part of the Situation is sometimes due to attendees simply not listening. I got the feeling this got worse in the last years. Everyone seems to think "OMG if I am not arriving 2 Hours early and stay put all the time I am not getting my photo" no matter how often it is posted that they will.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

It says "sold out".. does this mean I am too late I there is no more a chance to get a photo with her? :wacko::sad:

They're probably gonna add more but the office is closed now so I guess they'll add more on monday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

They're probably gonna add more but the office is closed now so I guess they'll add more on monday.

12 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

Thank you, I hope so, going to order directly then ^^'

Monday is a bank holiday in the UK, so Tuesday would be a safer bet.

I've messaged - sometimes I can catch someone, and Eventbrite allows some entries to be done remotedly. I will post if I hear back. No guarantees though - as WrongName said it's a bank holiday weekend, and the office people are certainly not expected to check their private e-mails during that time.