Latest Guest Announcement - JENNA COLEMAN - DIAMOND PASS NOW AVAILABLE

showmasters

2 minutes ago, Brett Campbell said:

NOT HAPPY today. Joined the queue as a diamond pass holder about 5pm and was told that Jenna would no longer be personalising autographs. I don't think this is really acceptable for diamond pass holders as I could just as easily have bought a photo shoot only and then one of the many, many non-personalised autographs in the stores downstairs.

I do appreciate that no 'rules' have been broken here, as the diamond pass guarantees an 'in-person autograph which is not necessarily a personalised autograph but I'm still not happy with this situation and frankly considered the pass to be a waste of money in that respect.

Some guests never personalise, some insist on it, and there can never be a guarantee of it, especially when time is a factor.

10 minutes ago, Brett Campbell said:

NOT HAPPY today. Joined the queue as a diamond pass holder about 5pm and was told that Jenna would no longer be personalising autographs. I don't think this is really acceptable for diamond pass holders as I could just as easily have bought a photo shoot only and then one of the many, many non-personalised autographs in the stores downstairs.

I do appreciate that no 'rules' have been broken here, as the diamond pass guarantees an 'in-person autograph which is not necessarily a personalised autograph but I'm still not happy with this situation and frankly considered the pass to be a waste of money in that respect.

As the bear says.  In my opinion it should be the default setting that you don't expect a personalisation and then if you get one, yay.  Indeed no rules have been broken as there has never been any mention of people getting stuff personalised, with the DP's or without and it shouldn't be expected just because you have the pass.  Diamonds only guarantee you getting an autograph, nothing else, not extra time with the guests for one on one chats like some assume, or anything else.  If you have levels of expectation other than that then you may be often disappointed I'm afraid.

Yes you can buy the stuff separately for less than the DP but you won't get to meet them, and have much interaction at all, nor get your own item signed in a place and pen colour you prefer.  My interactions with Ben Barnes, Gina Torres and Zach Q, though brief were personal and much nicer than buying an auto off a stall.

• Like 2

Yup. Agree with both Nate and Raylenth. Hayden Christensen wasn't personalising but was still a great experience to meet him. Lana Parilla wasn't either and she was nothing but incredible to my little grandaughter. She doesn't care that islt doesn't say To Holly. She will remember the experience of her first signed pic for the rest of her life.

• Like 6

Just because someone is in the acting profession it does not necessarily mean they are outgoing. I had heard that Jenna is quite reserved at signings (maybe she is shy). But I had a brief chat. And she was fun in the photo session doing different poses. :thumbup:

I know it would be very difficult to give me an approximate time, but I have VQ 193, Jenna is apparently not due back at her table until 2pm, and they're still on Diamond Passes. Can anyone tell me if they'll actually get to my number, and an approximate time range? I truly have no idea, I had a Diamond yesterday but not today. 

Just now, docta81 said:

I know it would be very difficult to give me an approximate time, but I have VQ 193, Jenna is apparently not due back at her table until 2pm, and they're still on Diamond Passes. Can anyone tell me if they'll actually get to my number, and an approximate time range? I truly have no idea, I had a Diamond yesterday but not today. 

No one can tell you that. You will just have to keep an eye on her q

Again, I agree with the comments from Nate and Raylenth, BUT i do have every sympathy for those who have not acquired a personalisation from a diamond pass guest, particularly if the personalisation has been inconsistent throughout the day.

For example, first ever DP I bought was for Sigourney Weaver in 2015 - but we were told straight off the bat there would be no personalisations so I was fine with that (though of course naturally disappointed).  The only other time this nearly happened to me for a DP guest was Jeremy Renner the following year - but there was such a massive groan from the assembled queue when the 'no personalisations' sign went up that they relented!  People power :coolthumb:

On 7/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, Raylenth said:

If it helps, barring something horrific having happened, it will be very quick to get inside once you arrive - the doors open at 9 so everyone should be in by then so you should be able to just walk up, get through security and go in.

Hi Raylenth,

Thanks for your previous advice. I had a small scare this morning when my 6:55am coach didn't seem to turn up and the London bound coach sitting at the bus station at 6:55am wasn't the 6:55am service. The 6:55am service was supposed to arrive into London Victoria Bus station at 10:20am and the driver of the London bound coach at the bus station in my city said that he was the 7:15am service which would arrive into London Victoria Bus station at 11:20am which would be cutting it extremely fine to make it for Jenna's photo shoot.

Thankfully, my original 6:55am bus was 10 minutes late into arriving into station and I (and many other relieved passengers) boarded it and we arrived into London Victoria bus station on time at 10:20am.

I previously came to LFCC on Friday so I knew my way to the Olympia via the underground. In fact, it was even easier today (Sunday) as there was a direct underground train from Victoria to the Olympia as it was a weekend day today, unlike Friday when I had to change at West Brompton (and factor in a few minutes' wait).

As you said, I was able to walk up - there was still a sizeable number of new arrivals for LFCC like myself getting on from Victoria station but security was quick and I was into the Olympia at about 11am, giving me plenty of time to get ready for my photo shoot with Jenna.

Edited by Chris C
  • Like 3

I was a bit disappointed too but was still happy to meet her. She was doing funny poses and too bad for me, I did not pay attention of what she was doing and the photo looks weird. She is human and we have all our top or down. That's what I like... afterall, they are like us.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:54 PM, docta81 said:

Hope you got your autograph ok , she was open queue with no one in line at 5pm on Sunday 

Edited by paulo

It's been mentioned that a couple of attendees behaved appallingly towards Jenna, so much so that se was affected by it for the rest of the day, and whilst it really does suck for everyone coming after because their interaction with the guest is tarnished by what happened, the fact is it was good of her to stay so everyone else could see her. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 6

Okay guys, let's try this again. If you have a post removed on here with an explanation that explanation is valid for everyone. Simply reposting will just get the post removed again. If you try to hide by posting in another topic that won't help. If you keep ignoring the moderators eventually your posting rights will be removed, especially if you use your account to only post the same stuff over and over again.

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It's been mentioned that a couple of attendees behaved appallingly towards Jenna, so much so that se was affected by it for the rest of the day, and whilst it really does suck for everyone coming after because their interaction with the guest is tarnished by what happened, the fact is it was good of her to stay so everyone else could see her. 

How could that happen? They must be kicked out... We are all thankful that she stayed for the rest of her fans!

Whenever I see a no personalisation sign I am disappointed. But picking up an autograph myself still means a thousand times more than buying one at a stall. Picking it up yourself is still a personal experience, you can get your own stuff signed and you see them doing it while you have a little conversation with them. That's still a lot!

I'm sorry to hear about some attendees being appallingly towards Jenna... :/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

Whenever I see a no personalisation sign I am disappointed. But picking up an autograph myself still means a thousand times more than buying one at a stall. Picking it up yourself is still a personal experience, you can get your own stuff signed and you see them doing it while you have a little conversation with them. That's still a lot!

I'm sorry to hear about some attendees being appallingly towards Jenna... :/

I remember when I was told no interaction and personalisation when I met Kevin Smith, but when I got to the front of the queue he was full of life, asked my name to put it on the auto and spoke to me for a few minutes, amazing guy 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wei said:

How could that happen? They must be kicked out... We are all thankful that she stayed for the rest of her fans!

You can't exactly tape every attendee's mouth shut before they meet a guest. In this case I should probably add an "unfortunately" to the sentence.

15 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I remember when I was told no interaction and personalisation when I met Kevin Smith, but when I got to the front of the queue he was full of life, asked my name to put it on the auto and spoke to me for a few minutes, amazing guy 

Some guests are asked to Speed Things up a Little because lines are so Long, but they still choose to go at their own pace.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wei said:

For me it is a matter of maturity and how to behave to others, famous or not. I do not know the full story but I serious doubt the guest is the reason why some behaved badly. Sad to hear about this and I hope it wont affect future invites.

28 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You can't exactly tape every attendee's mouth shut before they meet a guest. In this case I should probably add an "unfortunately" to the sentence.

Some guests are asked to Speed Things up a Little because lines are so Long, but they still choose to go at their own pace.

Kevin was this exception, I was happy to accept what I was told but when Kevin Smith wants to chat to you, then who I am to say no :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You can't exactly tape every attendee's mouth shut before they meet a guest. In this case I should probably add an "unfortunately" to the sentence

But you can tape (or whatever it is allowed: accidently punch them in the face while falling) them afterwards =D

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2019 at 5:56 PM, Raylenth said:

So what actually happened? I could see she wasn't in a great mood on Saturday. Were they verbally rude to her or something?