Latest Guest Announcement - WILLIAM SHATNER

showmasters

• 1 month later...

I noticed that there's now an option in the shop to buy a Shatner photoshoot with him in the Captain's chair.

How would I go about getting an upgrade for this as I've already bought a normal shoot but would LOVE to do this..?

5 minutes ago, LesserJowl said:

I noticed that there's now an option in the shop to buy a Shatner photoshoot with him in the Captain's chair.

How would I go about getting an upgrade for this as I've already bought a normal shoot but would LOVE to do this..?

Generally, buy the chair shoot and email the shop with both order numbers and ask for the original shoot to be refunded, but it's best to check with them first in case they don't allow it so email and check and that's probably what they will tell you to do shop@showmastersevents.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Generally, buy the chair shoot and email the shop with both order numbers and ask for the original shoot to be refunded, but it's best to check with them first in case they don't allow it so email and check and that's probably what they will tell you to do shop@showmastersevents.com

Ah wonderful, thank you very much =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been trying to convince my husband to get photo op with William Shatner..... he is a big star trek fan and even bigger William Shatner.   He is a bit wary as he is such a big part.of his childhood/his tv hero and wouldnt want anything to taint that.   I really dont want him to regret not getting it.    Its our wedding anniversary tomorrow i really am considering getting it as a surprise.

6 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I have been trying to convince my husband to get photo op with William Shatner..... he is a big star trek fan and even bigger William Shatner.   He is a bit wary as he is such a big part.of his childhood/his tv hero and wouldnt want anything to taint that.   I really dont want him to regret not getting it.    Its our wedding anniversary tomorrow i really am considering getting it as a surprise.

Oh do! I met him for a photo at DST 2014 and was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! He will regret it as Shatner is not getting any younger! ;)

10 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I don't see how it could taint it other than having a bad experience with him which won't happen. I've met Mr Shatner on several occasions and yes he doesn't do "contact" at shoots (no hand shaking, hugs or contact at all) but your husband will get a hi and a thank you and a smile which can only be good. I'd do it if I were you. Like you said, you don't want to regret not doing it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I don't see how it could taint it other than having a bad experience with him which won't happen. I've met Mr Shatner on several occasions and yes he doesn't do "contact" at shoots (no hand shaking, hugs or contact at all) but your husband will get a hi and a thank you and a smile which can only be good. I'd do it if I were you. Like you said, you don't want to regret not doing it

Thank you.  Wil Wheaton was same but was still super friendly and nice and was great fun doing wacky posies in photo ops lol     thanks again.  Really helpful.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Does he do handshakes at the autograph table?

The last time I “met” him my item was 3 people’s length away from me when being signed and I was just as quickly whisked away without getting any chance to have any sort of interaction at all. Hoping this time I’ll have more luck!

1 minute ago, Diabolik said:

The last time I “met” him my item was 3 people’s length away from me when being signed and I was just as quickly whisked away without getting any chance to have any sort of interaction at all. Hoping this time I’ll have more luck!

Shatner is know for being a signing machine, you are lucky if you get a hello.  He's always very busy so I hope you are lucky but it's best to assume it will be as quick as always.

6 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

No. He is known for not doing handshakes at all. You won’t be that far away from him and will be able to talk. Like Raylenth says he is a signing machine and I have seen him just sign his name and move people along but at the last DST he was personalising and asking your name etc. He even complimented me on my kilt. It will probably depend what he feels like on the day. Also he says on Twitter that the best you’ll ever get from him is a “fist bump” and even they are incredibly rare.

1 minute ago, Diabolik said:

Ok thanks Raylenth. If I did get a chance at offering a handshake though I just wanted to know if he would do so, otherwise I’d not, to save embarrassment.

It can change from person to person, hour to hour so the best advice is to always see what goes on with the people in front of you.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

No. He is known for not doing handshakes at all. You won’t be that far away from him and will be able to talk. Like Raylenth says he is a signing machine and I have seen him just sign his name and move people along but at the last DST he was personalising and asking your name etc. He even complimented me on my kilt. It will probably depend what he feels like on the day. Also he says on Twitter that the best you’ll ever get from him is a “fist bump” and even they are incredibly rare.

That’s great thanks - good to know and save on looking a numpty!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It can change from person to person, hour to hour so the best advice is to always see what goes on with the people in front of you.

Yes, it can very suddenly and radically change.

At one of the first shows Brent Spiner was "no posed photos" all weekend. I went to see him late Sunday because a friend had forgotten to get his autograph. Suddenly his manager asked if I wanted a photo. I even left my camera with my friends and thought I had blown my chance. After stammering about that he told me to go get it and come back through the exit line, he was vouching for me.

I still have no idea why he picked me out of that line. My friends thought I'd lost it when I came back yelling "I need the camera, I get a picture!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, it can very suddenly and radically change.

At one of the first shows Brent Spiner was "no posed photos" all weekend. I went to see him late Sunday because a friend had forgotten to get his autograph. Suddenly his manager asked if I wanted a photo. I even left my camera with my friends and thought I had blown my chance. After stammering about that he told me to go get it and come back through the exit line, he was vouching for me.

I still have no idea why he picked me out of that line. My friends thought I'd lost it when I came back yelling "I need the camera, I get a picture!"

Ohhh wow fab story!!!    Yeah.... at end of the day they are human and get tired/feel unwell like us mere.mortals.   also a camera being flashed in front of my eyes all day would be too much.    I remember one lovely guest just asked for flash to be off and would do selfie.  He was so sweet.   I have convinced my hubby to get William Shatners photo... booking payday tomorrow.   Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I managed to get an autograph way back in 2012 at the Destination Star Trek event. At this point, he was not personalising them. I query is, has anybody recently obtained his autograph, and got it personalised? I would love to have to personalised, so just wondered if he is doing. Cheers :)

1 minute ago, moviemania1973 said:

Hey guys, I managed to get an autograph way back in 2012 at the Destination Star Trek event. At this point, he was not personalising them. I query is, has anybody recently obtained his autograph, and got it personalised? I would love to have to personalised, so just wondered if he is doing. Cheers :)

I'm afraid we won't know until the day whether or not he is personalising or not, and even then it can change on the day. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

8 minutes ago, moviemania1973 said:

He has personalised at the last 2 DST’s he was at and he was doing that all day every day. He also definitely personalised somewhere else I can’t mention so I would say it is highly likely but like Dalek says you never know.

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

He has personalised at the last 2 DST’s he was at and he was doing that all day every day. He also definitely personalised somewhere else I can’t mention so I would say it is highly likely but like Dalek says you never know.

I see. Thanks you for the info. Let's hope he does at this event :)

• Like 2