Our Collection So Far

CHRIS !!

We have doubles of all the rare figures which are still mint in box and all gift packs also mint in box.

Andy

x

PHEW!!!

thats reassuring!

you guys have a fantastic collection... do you collect the tudor mint figurines?

hugs

Andrea xx

No we don't collect the tudor mint lord of the rings figures, but we do have a few of their dragon figures :unsure:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which rare figures you got dudes?

I got loads of figures now. All in boxes though. Not taking them out....ever.

I got:

FotR

Aragorn

Bilbo

Agent Elrond in Armor

TTT

Grima

Gandalf

Frodo

Sam

Gollum

Saruman

Eomer

Faramir

Theoden

Gondorian

Grishnak (sp??)

RotK

Eowyn

Eomer (Coronation)

Frodo

Sam

Gollum

possibly a couple more just can't remember them off the top of my head

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

I couldn't collect figures cos i'd just have an overwhelming urge to take them out of the box. :P

My collection consists of the usual autographs (at last count 80 sigs, obv some duplications), DVD collectors box sets, signed books, collectors cards, standees, few different versions of the one ring plus some rather unusual items including:

45 (no correct that, now 42, gave some doubles to a friend for kindly sending them from USA) 1 day issue Oscar adds for Return of the King.

6 Tranzmetro NZ Premiere Day train tickets in mint condition (each showing a different character). Actually selling a couple more sets now if anyone interested http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

A Trilogy Tuesday Film Frame with frames of Sam, Helms Deep and Theoden

and my favourite of all...

a greenstone ring sourced from Hinuera- Waikato (i.e Hobbiton) number 41/100 released in New Zealand on Dec 1 2003 with a certificate signed by Peter Jackson, Sean Astin and Elijah Wood!! ^_^

45 (no correct that, now 42, gave some doubles to a friend for kindly sending them from USA) 1 day issue Oscar adds for Return of the King.

6 Tranzmetro NZ Premiere Day train tickets in mint condition (each showing a different character). Actually selling a couple more sets now if anyone interested http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

and my favourite of all...

a greenstone ring sourced from Hinuera- Waikato (i.e Hobbiton) number 41/100 released in New Zealand on Dec 1 2003 with a certificate signed by Peter Jackson, Sean Astin and Elijah Wood!! :P

:lol::lol::wub: WOW!!!!

It all sounds so cool, but those three in particular......me WANTSSS them!!!!!

A question - where did you get the greenstone ring from? The sigs are real right, not scans? Dunno why I'm asking cos there's no way I could get enough dosh to buy one, even if they are still available, but hey! :D:wub:

EDIT - Chris and Andy, I haven't forgotten I still have to send you that pic! :o

Edited by Kilteus

There was a seller on ebay (aurynnz) who sold them direct from the jeweller in Wellington I believe. Most went to auction in New Zealand and were bulk bought as investments, she put a few on ebay but seems to have stopped selling now. I just happened to be scouring NZ ebay earlier in the year and saw one.

The signatures are totally genuine and were signed on premiere day in NZ.

A little blurb from the auction itself here:

"This particular certificate was signed by Oscar winning Peter Jackson (Director), Elijah Wood (Frodo) and Sean Astin (Sam) at the World Premiere (on the back). SPECIAL NOTE: Elijah Woods' and Sean Astins' signatures are very close together and Elijah Wood has written the Chinese symbols for "friendship" between the signatures. This is very special as it recognises the relationship between the two on and off the set - something quite unusual." :D

They aren't as expensive as you might think though (considering how much you pay for autographs alone), I was actually after one with the four hobbits and PJ but that went a little out of my price range.

Edited by amrun quessir

Oh, I see! It seems like I'm too late to buy one then :o

But I may send the buyer an email through ebay, just in case - I really, really want one. Mostly cos they're really unusual, and they sound really special - especially about Lij writing the Chinese symbols for friendship - do you reckon he wrote on all of them? I love that he did that. :D

Pst - if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for? :P

The pic is taken….only I don't have it!! :wub::lol:

Note to BB - when you're next on here, please could you put the pic of me, Leggy and Gollum onto the Photobucket? Cheers, gaffer!! :wub::D

I'll do it for her if she can be an LOTR NUT too. After all, she has been one for the past twenty years!!!! (Please don't tell her I said that!!!!) :wub::lol::lol: If I creep enough, she may come back!!!!! :P

The pic is taken….only I don't have it!!  :wub:  :lol:

Note to BB - when you're next on here, please could you put the pic of me, Leggy and Gollum onto the Photobucket? Cheers, gaffer!!  :P  :D

I'll do it for her if she can be an LOTR NUT too. After all, she has been one for the past twenty years!!!! (Please don't tell her I said that!!!!) :wub::lol::lol: If I creep enough, she may come back!!!!! :P

Cheers Legolassy! :wub:

I'm sure she won't take much offence to being called a LOTR nut - in my books, it's an honour of the highest order!! :D

And don't worry, I'm sure she'll miss her elven ecstasy and sooner or later either come back or send you over there :P;)

Quite a lot of them had special things if I remember correctly, like the one signed by Lij, the two Ians and Andy had their sigs all written around the japanese symbol for One Ring, showing the relationship each of them had to the ring. And the Viggo, Orli, JRD and Ian M one had the japanese symbol for brotherhood.

But I think all the ones like mine with Lij, Sean and PJ have what mine has.

I can only quote a rough price in US$, cos thats how I paid for it, you can probably find a conversion somewhere to work it out in £.

About $100 for the ring and $15 for insured shipping which took 4 days.

Bargain in my opinion!

Quite a lot of them had special things if I remember correctly, like the one signed by Lij, the two Ians and Andy had their sigs all written around the japanese symbol for One Ring, showing the relationship each of them had to the ring. And the Viggo, Orli, JRD and Ian M one had the japanese symbol for brotherhood.

But I think all the ones like mine with Lij, Sean and PJ have what mine has.

I can only quote a rough price in US$, cos thats how I paid for it, you can probably find a conversion somewhere to work it out in £.

About $100 for the ring and $15 for insured shipping which took 4 days.

Bargain in my opinion!

Oh wow, that is definitely worth the price - especially since they're all personalised like that.

I just used the UCC, and $115 converts to £62.86. Not bad at all. Don't Lij and Sean sigs usually go for about £25on eBay, each? :wub: Not sure about PJ's, but it's probably about the same.

So did you use Buy It Now, or bid for it the normal way? Sorry, I'm asking so many questions! :lol:

oops i'm no good at this quoting thing!

Ebay is a wierd world, sometimes no one wants stuff and other times you'll pay over the odds.

Standard auction, just luck I got it so cheap but think there was a reserve of about the equivalent of £55.

Some of them were heading toward the $300 mark!

I don't mind, ask away.

Edited by amrun quessir

Yeah, it is really strange like that. I got a crew jacket from Radio Flyer (Lij film :lol: ) for $9.99, which was the starting price - I must've been the only person who spotted it or something, cos there were other really similar ones going for about $50!! :huh:

Sh.... I just looked up aurynnz, and I can read their profile and everything, but it says that they're no longer registered as a user, whatever that means. Last item they sold was on the 14th of June, so not exactly long ago.

Oh, I just clicked on 'contact user', and it'll still let me send an email to them. Sorted! ;)

Thankies! :P

Which rare figures you got dudes?

I got loads of figures now. All in boxes though. Not taking them out....ever.

I got:

FotR

Aragorn

Bilbo

Agent Elrond in Armor

TTT

Grima

Gandalf

Frodo

Sam

Gollum

Saruman

Eomer

Faramir

Theoden

Gondorian

Grishnak (sp??)

RotK

Eowyn

Eomer (Coronation)

Frodo

Sam

Gollum

possibly a couple more just can't remember them off the top of my head

We have practically every figure I believe. :headscratch: We had several twilight frodos and a FOTR deluxe fellowship giftset shipped over from America though.

We've opened at least one of every figure and have many rare extras still boxed like, twilight Frodo, Elrond, Travelling Bilbo, a prologue elf, and a signed grima wormtongue. On our website all the pictures in boxes are still in boxes. We've also kept all the boxes from the opened figures.

Cant wait for new figures, especially the Fell Beast and Peter Jackson if they are still going to make one.

A Peter Jackson action figure???!!!! No way!!!! :D:blink::blink:

Oh, I didn't know travelling Bilbo was rare. I bought mine for about 6 squids, and they had loads there - I should've bought another one :D

Cheers amrun! :D No reply as yet, but I'll let you know when/if I do :lol:

A Peter Jackson action figure???!!!! No way!!!! :help:  :help:  :blink:

Oh, I didn't know travelling Bilbo was rare. I bought mine for about 6 squids, and they had loads there - I should've bought another one :unsure:

Cheers amrun!  :blink:  No reply as yet, but I'll let you know when/if I do :lol:

They showed the Peter Jackson figure at the UK Toy Fair in February. Its not 100% certain it will be produced but likely.

The travelling Bilbo in the green FOTR box is rare, as far as I'm aware, but not those in the TT red box.

If anyone knows of any other rare figures then please let us all know????? :lol::P:o

Edited by CHRIS !!

There is an Arwen figure that comes with horse (Asfaloth?) and wounded Frodo, but there isn't an Arwen by herself as far as I know. It's quite puzzling how Arwen has so many costume changes and yet there's only one figure of her, in the grey/blue travelling outfit she wears.

I really hope they do the PJ figure, that would be fantastic, and he is the tenth member of the fellowship after all! :D

Oh that's OK about the travelling Bilbo then, cos my one is in the red box. I buy them mostly for the figures, not the whole keeping them in perfect condition thing, so all of mine are out of their boxes :wub: Shocking eh. I've kept the boxes though, and tried to open them as neatly as poss :angry:

Oooh a long post