LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - GEORGE LAZENBY

showmasters

He is James Bond, and hasn't done these shows in a while. One iconic role is enough for long lines. Plus he is an older guest, so he may require more breaks and thus get through less people.

If you can stay around til closing Sunday you have a chance lines will have died down. But "nab him casual"... I don't think I would use that wording.

12 hours ago, taz101 said:

Is he really likely to have long ques? I mean other than OHMSS didnt think he was well known? Was hoping to nab him casual like on the sunday

I've been surprised before by people like James Caan had no que at all last year!

As Queen says.  Unfortunately some guests are very hard to advise on, particularly if they haven't done events.  Peter Weller was a prime example last year, he was a slow signer.

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

He is James Bond, and hasn't done these shows in a while. One iconic role is enough for long lines. Plus he is an older guest, so he may require more breaks and thus get through less people.

If you can stay around til closing Sunday you have a chance lines will have died down. But "nab him casual"... I don't think I would use that wording.

'He is James Bond' just gave me chills...:stretcher:

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Should give anyone the chills, such an iconic character. I look forward to meet Mr. Lazenby.

Indeed, same here! I really can't wait to meet an actual Bond-actor of my all time favorite franchise! :clap: I've also decided to have two things signed by him, that and the two photos makes him the most expensive guest so far or me, but so worth it!! :YAHOO:

Just now, Kurdamoni said:

Indeed, same here! I really can't wait to meet an actual Bond-actor of my all time favorite franchise! :clap: I've also decided to have two things signed by him, that and the two photos makes him the most expensive guest so far or me, but so worth it!! :YAHOO:

Nothing is too expensive when it comes to something that matters, enjoy!! Who knows when or if you get a second chance.

• 2 weeks later...

That fact there are only 2 full batches for the Diamond Passes for George Lazenby on Saturday means that there won't be that much people will be queuing for an autograph? And if I go for a VQ-ticket right after I enter the venue, I'm mostly guaranteed of an autograph in the afternoon?

Because I'm still thinking of buying just a Photo and an Auto separately instead of Diamond Pass, so I could save another 35 pounds for maybe another autograph.

6 minutes ago, Sardonis said:

That fact there are only 2 full batches for the Diamond Passes for George Lazenby on Saturday means that there won't be that much people will be queuing for an autograph? And if I go for a VQ-ticket right after I enter the venue, I'm mostly guaranteed of an autograph in the afternoon?

Because I'm still thinking of buying just a Photo and an Auto separately instead of Diamond Pass, so I could save another 35 pounds for maybe another autograph.

Just keep in mind that there might be more who think the same and when the schedule is released (like it it is now) the selling of DP and photo ops usually increase.

Edited by Chris1970

5 minutes ago, Sardonis said:

No one can guarantee an auto on VQ's I'm afraid, we don't know how slow or quick George will sign.  There have been guests in the past who have barely got through a 100 or so people because they are slow and chatty.  If you want to try on VQ's get there early to try for a low VQ, but as I say we can't tell you what your chances will be with a new guest who's signing method we don't know.

You may well be fine on the VQ's, most guests are, but we just don't know.

Edited by Raylenth

21 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I think I am right in saying that George’s diamond pass went on sale before the diamond batch system was introduced, so there will be more than just 2 batches for him.

I bought DP with Mr. Lazenby on the same day the tickets were released and I have a batch no (Batch 1). I remember Charles Dance did not have at first but at a later date it was added to DP tickets.

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I bought DP with Mr. Lazenby on the same day the tickets were released and I have a batch no (Batch 1). I remember Charles Dance did not have at first but at a later date it was added to DP tickets.

If you had no batch I believe these are counted as Batch 0 and it’s impossible for us to know how many are in that batch unless SM randomly said, which is unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

If you had no batch I believe these are counted as Batch 0 and it’s impossible for us to know how many are in that batch unless SM randomly said, which is unlikely.

I think George was the first DP guest that had Batch Number, I remember I was surprised when I saw it on my ticket when I bought it. If my memory serves me correct I even asked about it here on the forum and QS wrote it is "something new", or something like that.. I bought mine something like half an hour after it was released.

Edited by Chris1970

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I think George was the first DP guest that had Batch Number, I remember I was surprised when I saw it on my ticket when I bought it. If my memory serves me correct I even asked about it here on the forum and QS wrote it is "something new", or something like that.. I bought mine something like half an hour after it was released.

Sorry, I miss read. I thought you were saying you had no batch number.

And the fact that the earliest time I could get at the venue is 10 PM (because I'm coming from abroad, I'm arriving at St. Pancras at 9PM).

Still OK I should just buy a Photo and Autograph separately... or should I consider DP?

I can wait all day... I'm just there for George Lazenby and the atmosphere...

Just now, Sardonis said:

And the fact that the earliest time I could get at the venue is 10 PM (because I'm coming from abroad, I'm arriving at St. Pancras at 9PM).

Still OK I should just buy a Photo and Autograph separately... or should I consider DP?

I can wait all day... I'm just there for George Lazenby and the atmosphere...

If you really only come for George then I would seriously consider getting a DP.