Who are you meeting!?

R4wly97

It will all depend on what I can afford lol. I want to meet Christopher Eccleston if I get his Diamond pass it uses up most of my budget :(  probably not got a chance of getting his Auto without it . 

These are my maybes:  Jason Isaaks, William Shatner, Shazad Latif, Charles Dance, Walter Koenig, Gina Torres, Katee Sackhoff, Alfie Allen, Jenna Coleman, Christiana Ricci, John Barrowman, Billy Dee Williams, Bernard Cribbins, Sylvester McCoy (Who I have already met so may have to miss out this time, he is great to meet if anyone has not met him and considering it) , Colin Baker, John Leeson, Peter Purves, John Levene. I would add Jason Momoa but I think he is too expensive! 

Getting a headache now lol. trying to figure it out and of course there will be more guests :O 

This is what I am currently thinking:

Friday: Alfie Allen, John Barrowman, William Shatner, Jason Isaaks.

Saturday: Christopher Eccleston, Jenna Coleman.

Sunday: Sylverster McCoy, Colin Baker, Bernard Cribbins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazths1 said:

It will all depend on what I can afford lol. I want to meet Christopher Eccleston if I get his Diamond pass it uses up most of my budget :(  probably not got a chance of getting his Auto without it . 

You might. If I remember correctly, last year he got through all Diamond Passes pretty quickly and started doing VQ tickets... I had a low one, so I would have gotten him, but I couldn't afford it at that time, since I just spent it on David Tennant :D So you never know...

17 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

You might. If I remember correctly, last year he got through all Diamond Passes pretty quickly and started doing VQ tickets... I had a low one, so I would have gotten him, but I couldn't afford it at that time, since I just spent it on David Tennant :D So you never know...

Ok Thanks for the Info :)  maybe not impossible then, I just want the Auto I'm not that bothered about the Photo Op so getting a Diamond just for the Auto seems a bit much. It will all just depend how much I can save before LFCC. Part of me wants him to sell out of the Diamonds so it's out of my hands lol.  All my money will go on Mark Hamill once he is announced  :O 

I'm deciding whether to go on Friday to get a few autographs done on that day to free up Saturday but I'm flying back into the country late Thursday evening. I like my lie in's but when comic con beckons, you answer! Do most of you recommend getting a few done on Friday? (for those celebs that are attending on that day ofc.) I've only ever been on a Saturday which I know from experience is very, very hectic.

I'm thinking Friday:

John Barrowman, Billy Dee Williams

Saturday:

Jenna Coleman, Blake Harrison, Charles Dance.

I would love to see Christopher Eccleston (and I know this has already been discussed on many a forum before) but I just cannot bring myself to spend £95 on an autograph from him. Being in my 20's, he got me into Doctor Who when it burst onto our screens again and, although money isn't a massive issue for me, I somehow can't make myself pay that amount of money for someone who left the role quite a while ago. I mean Peter Capaldi charged £75 last year which I thought was very reasonable although I'm gutted I didn't get to meet him.

Anyway, I look forward to further guest announcements as my list is looking a bit thin at the moment!

• Like 1

So, still have no idea if I will go, but if I do, this is my plan for the weekend so far:

FRIDAY

John Barrowman (Photoshoot & Autograph), Sylvester McCoy (Photoshoot & Autograph), John Leeson (Photoshoot), John Levene (Photoshoot & Autograph), Rusty Goffe (Autograph)

SATURDAY

Christopher Eccleston (Autograph), Jenna Coleman (Photoshoot & Autograph), Peter Purves (Photoshoot & Autograph), Hugh Quarshie (Autograph)

SUNDAY

Bernard Cribbins (Diamond Pass), Colin Baker (Photoshoot & Autograph), Nicola Bryant (Photoshoot), Sophie Aldred (Photoshoot)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bazza96 said:

I'm deciding whether to go on Friday to get a few autographs done on that day to free up Saturday but I'm flying back into the country late Thursday evening. I like my lie in's but when comic con beckons, you answer! Do most of you recommend getting a few done on Friday? (for those celebs that are attending on that day ofc.) I've only ever been on a Saturday which I know from experience is very, very hectic.

I'm thinking Friday:

John Barrowman, Billy Dee Williams

Saturday:

Jenna Coleman, Blake Harrison, Charles Dance.

I would love to see Christopher Eccleston (and I know this has already been discussed on many a forum before) but I just cannot bring myself to spend £95 on an autograph from him. Being in my 20's, he got me into Doctor Who when it burst onto our screens again and, although money isn't a massive issue for me, I somehow can't make myself pay that amount of money for someone who left the role quite a while ago. I mean Peter Capaldi charged £75 last year which I thought was very reasonable although I'm gutted I didn't get to meet him.

Anyway, I look forward to further guest announcements as my list is looking a bit thin at the moment!

I don't think you will have a problem getting BDW any day of the event.  He will be popular but he is a fairly regular at events so I don't think he will be impossible to get on the Saturday.  John will be very popular, but again also does a fair few events so neither are rare.  On the flip side though, if you can go Friday and get them done it does take the pressure off.  On the flip flip side, 3 isn't a lot to get on Saturday so adding 2 won't be a big issue - you have to wait for your VQ (or diamonds) to be called anyway, so  you can be flitting between them all waiting to be called.  If Charles doesn't cancel he will be the hardest to get as a LOT! of people need him and he's only there a day - if you haven't already bought one, and want an auto and photo from him, I'd suggest getting the Diamond for him.

Remember BDW is an older guest, and I recall health issues being mentioned. He was a rather slow signer already when I met him years ago, and taking into account what I was hearing that situation did not improve. 

If you can try for him any other day but Saturday I would definitely do that.

I do agree Charles Dance is the hardest of the list though. He's cancelled so often lately, the backlog will pile up. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Remember BDW is an older guest, and I recall health issues being mentioned. He was a rather slow signer already when I met him years ago, and taking into account what I was hearing that situation did not improve. 

If you can try for him any other day but Saturday I would definitely do that.

I do agree Charles Dance is the hardest of the list though. He's cancelled so often lately, the backlog will pile up. ;)

I forgot his age :blink2:  Yes, definitely try for him on Friday then.

8 hours ago, Namine said:

For me, so far it's -

Christopher Eccleston (x1 auto)

William Shatner (x1 auto)

Walter Koenig (X1 auto)

John Barrowman (x1 auto)

Jenna Coleman (x1 auto)

John Leeson (x1 auto)

No Diamond Passes? I wish you a lot of luck with Chris, as long as you get a pretty low VQ number, you should be fine ;)

23 hours ago, fanowaty said:

No Diamond Passes? I wish you a lot of luck with Chris, as long as you get a pretty low VQ number, you should be fine ;)

I'm aiming to get his auto, but if I can't, it's no biggie, at least I'm getting John Barrowman and Jenna Coleman on my Doctor Who Monopoly Board as well as John Leeson if I get him.

2 hours ago, Namine said:

I'm aiming to get his auto, but if I can't, it's no biggie, at least I'm getting John Barrowman and Jenna Coleman on my Doctor Who Monopoly Board as well as John Leeson if I get him.

You definitely should! John Leeson is the loveliest person on the entire planet. You should get his autograph as well ^_^