Latest Guest Announcement - IAN SOMERHALDER

34 minutes ago, tradfan said:

I'm new to comic con.... what happens if you want to see Jenna Coleman and Ian? I will be with a 17 year old who wants to see Jenna, and my 2 kids aged 6 and 12, and I want to see Ian.

I'm thinking that with paying the £180ish for the Diamond Pass I won't be subjected to long queues with the kids.... am I right? (They all have autism :/)

It's my birthday on the Sunday so I would prefer to see him then but Jenna is on the Sunday.. Is two days in Comic con too much? 

What happens if we go on the Saturday and visits with both stars is at the same time in different areas? The 17 year old would be okish if he doesn't get too star struck, but I was relying on him to keep my 2 kids while I go see Ian.... they won't let them beside me will they?

Unfortunately you will still be queuing.  DP's don't allow you to jump the queue, they just give you a guarantee, you will still be in the queue with your fellow DP holders if you decide to get one, but note that they try to only have about 30 people in the queue at a time, however if the guest is slow you may still be waiting a while.  Only you can decide if you want to go 2 days, there are lots of free talks that you can go see to fill the time, and 2 days gives you a better chance of getting them if you don't get the DP for Ian - beware though that he is going to be insanely busy, so whilst I won't say you won't get him without the DP, if you really, really want him, I'd advise getting the DP as it does take the stress out of it.

Please make sure you familiarise yourself with how the auto's work and the Virtual Queue system, as Jenna and Ian will be on it (if you don't get the DP for Ian) you will need VQ tickets for Jenna for sure https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/autographs.  I'd advise reading the FAQ on the website as well, then if you have any more questions please feel free to ask them in the forum.

Your 6 year old will be able to queue with you for sure, they won't separate a parent from a young child, but it would be advisable for your family to wait outside of the queue for you if possible.  As you have to wait for your ticket number to be called before you can join the queues it's very unlikely that you and your son will be queuing at the same time, so you can try to do one guest, then the other depending on who's number gets called first.

• Thanks 1

I’m new here and was just wondering if you don’t buy the diamond pass can you still buy an autograph on the day and if you pay and don’t get the chance to see him do you get your money back as £65 is a lot to spend on nothing was also wondering what you actually get for the £11 talk can you ask questions or is that only if you get the diamond pass

Edited by Nicolepj

6 minutes ago, Nicolepj said:

I’m new here and was just wondering if you don’t buy the diamond pass can you still buy an autograph on the day and if you pay and don’t get the chance to see him do you get your money back as £65 is a lot to spend on nothing was also wondering what you actually get for the £11 talk can you ask questions or is that only if you get the diamond pass

Hi Nicole, welcome to the forum.  Please have a read of this as it explains how the auto's work.  https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/autographs  You only buy your auto when you get to the front of the queue, you can't pre pay for it.  If you are not buying the Diamond Pass though you will need a VQ ticket as explained in the link, which can be collected from the crew member at Ian's signing table.  Collect one as soon as you get in as that will be your virtual place in the auto queue and you won't be able to join the queue without one.  Please note that the VQ doesn't guarantee you will get to meet him though as it is just a place in the queue.  If he is a guest you really, really want to meet do consider buying the Diamond pass as it does give you the guarantee as long as you are there in good time during the day to join the queue.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nicolepj said:

I forgot to answer about the talk.  Diamond pass holders get access to the front rows but normal ticket holders will be in the rows behind them.  Usually the MC will lead the discussion a bit at first and will talk to the guest and ask them questions, then they will open it up to questions from the audience - from all ticket holders, it will not be limited to the Diamonds.  You are welcome to ask a question if you are selected (you just have to hold your hand up and the crew will bring a microphone over) but as a lot of people usually want to ask a question, you may not be selected.

Also note that Ian will only doing a talk on one day, so if you want to go to the talk make sure you attend the right day for it.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tradfan said:

Any idea of What times the batch numbers work for DP? I'm afraid of booking batch 2 if it's super early in the day and we are running late if there are any meltdowns in getting ready!

The batches are called in number order. 

For the normal VQ tickets you can join any time after your number has been called - I have not heard anything different for the DP batches. Wouldn't make sense to handle them differently. Just remember they are day specific.

8 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The batches are called in number order. 

For the normal VQ tickets you can join any time after your number has been called - I have not heard anything different for the DP batches. Wouldn't make sense to handle them differently. Just remember they are day specific.

Hi Queen_sindel,

so it's confirmed that for "Sunday Diamond pass", I just can get my autograph on sunday ?

(So, this year, it's not just the photoshoot on a specific day ?)

2 minutes ago, john.bttf said:

Hi Queen_sindel,

so it's confirmed that for "Sunday Diamond pass", I just can get my autograph on sunday ?

(So, this year, it's not just the photoshoot on a specific day ?)

The fact that they are day specific means that you will have to get your auto on the day you have bought for.  I'm guessing it's as a result of the big Who guests and what happened with them, with Diamonds able to get their auto any day it does run the risk of all of them turning up on the same day and causing issues.  Having the auto's day specific at least you have more control over the numbers.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

The fact that they are day specific means that you will have to get your auto on the day you have bought for.  I'm guessing it's as a result of the big Who guests and what happened with them, with Diamonds able to get their auto any day it does run the risk of all of them turning up on the same day and causing issues.  Having the auto's day specific at least you have more control over the numbers.

Indeed, it's a good idea to dispatch people across the week-end.

And it let get a chance for regular VQ ticket on friday and saturday.

14 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The fact that they are day specific means that you will have to get your auto on the day you have bought for.  

Yes, that is what it means. No more "photo shoot day is specific, auto can be obtained at any point." Everything in your pass is done on the same one day.

There's day specific Diamond Passes for Ian for both Saturday and Sunday. So the chances for Saturday are not higher than Sunday for VQ ticket holders. (Same thing for all Diamond Guests.) Also Ian is not attending Friday. Just mentioning before we have excited fans getting confused. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, tradfan said:

I'm new to comic con.... what happens if you want to see Jenna Coleman and Ian? I will be with a 17 year old who wants to see Jenna, and my 2 kids aged 6 and 12, and I want to see Ian.

I'm thinking that with paying the £180ish for the Diamond Pass I won't be subjected to long queues with the kids.... am I right? (They all have autism :/)

It's my birthday on the Sunday so I would prefer to see him then but Jenna is on the Sunday.. Is two days in Comic con too much? 

What happens if we go on the Saturday and visits with both stars is at the same time in different areas? The 17 year old would be okish if he doesn't get too star struck, but I was relying on him to keep my 2 kids while I go see Ian.... they won't let them beside me will they?

Hi Tradfan

If your children are autistic you might also want to take a look at the extra help page on the showmasters main website

https://showmastersevents.com/index.php/extra-help-form

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tradfan said:

That's brilliant thanks. Do you know what they do for you?

Please use the contact form, they will explain all details too you. 

We're always a bit hesitating to put out details on here. Some people have been abusing the system, already causing some changes in the programme in the past. We do not want anyone to abuse this very helpful system as their personal fast track to certain guests. Posting details may give people wrong ideas.

The only thing I can definitely confirm is that the crew will do their best to make the visit with your children as smooth as possible. If some of our other attendees see this I am sure they will confirm. We have some families with autistic children that have done a lot of the shows.

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2018 at 10:44 PM, Nicolepj said:

also a friend I was planning going with was wondering for the paid talks is it first come first serve on choosing where to sit (with exception of premium seating) and could the talk be at any time in the day 

Edited by Nicolepj

1 hour ago, Nicolepj said:

also a friend I was planning going with was wondering for the paid talks is it first come first serve on choosing where to sit (with exception of premium seating) and could the talk be at any time in the day 

Yes, kind of and yes.  Order of going in for Ian will be Diamond pass holders, gold pass, everyone else.  There will be separate entrances for each category to queue at.  And it could take place at any point in the day.

Edited by Raylenth

On 1/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, tradfan said:

That's brilliant thanks. Do you know what they do for you?

I definitely recommend using the service if your children are autistic. I have used it for the past two years due to mobility problems and the crew are fantastic once you show them the wristband and will go out of their way to help you. I won't go into details (as per QS's request) but it is definitely worth it and made the whole convention a lot easier for me.

• 1 month later...

I bought the diamond pass for Sunday with a standard entry pass. Do you think i should have bought a golden pass? I’m so confused! I was supposed to be going with a mate but she backed out right after I bought it. This my first time to go to one of these any tips?

Edited by LeahMaZ

15 minutes ago, LeahMaZ said:

I bought the diamond pass for Sunday with a standard entry pass. Do you think i should have bought a golden pass? I’m so confused! I was supposed to be going with a mate but she backed out right after I bought it. This my first time to go to one of these any tips?

If you are only after Ian, then no, you are covered with the Diamond pass.  The Gold pass is useful for people who want to do lots of photo shoots and auto's with loads of non Diamond pass guests,

21 minutes ago, LeahMaZ said:

If you do want to ask any more general questions about the event then please do, there's always someone around to answer, but it's best to ask in the attached thread as we try to keep guest announcement posts on topic.

https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/topic/96734-new-attendees-advice-thread/

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, LesserJowl said:

Ian's photoshoot tickets now completely sold out! First guest! :o

Well, Saturday is not the whole event ;) Sunday are still available.  It's likely they will add more for Saturday, they have to add them in manually so the store can only have so many in there at a time.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well, Saturday is not the whole event ;) Sunday are still available.  It's likely they will add more for Saturday, they have to add them in manually so the store can only have so many in there at a time.

Haha yes very good point, edited to reflect :D

Oo that's good then I didn't get one yet!!