Destination Star Trek 2019

StuartG2198

• Moderators

Destination Star Trek returns to Birmingham in 2019, from the 25th to 27th October!  Where we are really pleased to announce that George Takei will be joining us as our first confirmed guest.

A new forum will be coming soon meanwhile  tickets are on sale now!

eventbrite.co.uk/e/destination-…

See you there!

54C6BD49-A60C-4FAF-8023-DBFCA53B95B5.jpeg

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Ixel said:

I wish it would return to London some day, it's far more difficult getting to Birmingham.

If the flights to Birmingham don't work for you have you looked at the trains?  You could fly into one of the main London ones and get a train up?  they should be fairly frequent to Bham.

2 hours ago, Ixel said:

I wish it would return to London some day, it's far more difficult getting to Birmingham.

I think it depends on the place you are traveling from, because I'm from the Netherlands and flights to Birmingham are really easy to book, but like Raylenth is saying maybe you can look into trains from London.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, as someone who's never been to Destination Star Trek before, looking for some advice from people who have gone there to get autographs!

I'm wondering what waiting times are like for the guests? In terms of, if I don't mind waiting in queues a lot, would I most likely be able to see most of the guests with only a basic three day pass?

Mainly what I have in mind is the Commander Package that gives you fast queuing - is it the case that it would mainly save a lot of time, as well as give you the cool extras, or is having it the only way I would be able to see everyone in the three days?

1 hour ago, Blairy550 said:

So, as someone who's never been to Destination Star Trek before, looking for some advice from people who have gone there to get autographs!

I'm wondering what waiting times are like for the guests? In terms of, if I don't mind waiting in queues a lot, would I most likely be able to see most of the guests with only a basic three day pass?

Mainly what I have in mind is the Commander Package that gives you fast queuing - is it the case that it would mainly save a lot of time, as well as give you the cool extras, or is having it the only way I would be able to see everyone in the three days?

If you've ever been to one of the other shows, the Virtual Queue system as you may know it from London Film and Comic Con is in operation at this show as well. 

Do you really want autographs from each and every guest? I'm not sure if anyone has ever attempted all guests on a weekend ticket, but if you really don't mind spending over 95 percent of your weekend in autograph lines it is probably doable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you've ever been to one of the other shows, the Virtual Queue system as you may know it from London Film and Comic Con is in operation at this show as well. 

Do you really want autographs from each and every guest? I'm not sure if anyone has ever attempted all guests on a weekend ticket, but if you really don't mind spending over 95 percent of your weekend in autograph lines it is probably doable.

I was exaggerating a little, I'm not looking for an Autograph from everyone, but definitely would like some from the more popular guests. :P

What's bringing this question up for me is my experiences with previous LFCCs. For the popular guests even if you managed to get a VQ ticket, sometimes they never got to them. Or you were way too high and they never got to your number.

Understandable, of course, but just wondering if that same sort of thing happens at this convention? 

Well we have people doing 30 photoshoots a weekend, so why not someone trying for an autograph of every guest? :lol:

Destination has no Diamond Pass guests like LFCC, that's a big difference. Also while it is a big event it is nowhere as big as LFCC. Unless my memory is off even Christopher Lloyd (who was one of the LFCCC "never got to VQ tickets" guests) did okay when he appeared at Destination.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well we have people doing 30 photoshoots a weekend, so why not someone trying for an autograph of every guest? :lol:

Destination has no Diamond Pass guests like LFCC, that's a big difference. Also while it is a big event it is nowhere as big as LFCC. Unless my memory is off even Christopher Lloyd (who was one of the LFCCC "never got to VQ tickets" guests) did okay when he appeared at Destination.

Some people are insane though! Not me! I'll only be getting 29 photos! :D

That's a bit of a relief to hear. Will probably still end up getting the Commander package anyway, but good to know that even if the money doesn't work out and can only get the 3 day pass, have a chance to meet most people! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

What other forum?

have i missread. sorry. 
i saw this
"A new forum will be coming soon meanwhile  tickets are on sale now!

eventbrite.co.uk/e/destination-…"

34 minutes ago, Midnight said:

have i missread. sorry. 
i saw this
"A new forum will be coming soon meanwhile  tickets are on sale now!

eventbrite.co.uk/e/destination-…"

Stuart's initial post is from 2018 and was probably made on the forum for the previous DST, he's then copied it here and not removed that line, this is the new forum for the 2019 event :laugh:

Edited by Raylenth

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Stuart's initial post is from 2018 and was probably made on the forum for the previous DST, he's then copied it here and not removed that line, this is the new forum for the 2019 event :laugh:

ah,  right. lol. i've been there. 
cheers.