What a fantastic weekend!

I was ridiculously excited about my first Star Trek convention yet was also very nervous as I was worried my nerves would get the better of me as I’m autistic and not usually good in crowds but I ended up having a fantastic weekend and it could not have gone any better and have nothing negative to say about DST

Jeri Ryan was the main guest I was looking forward too and she was fantastic all weekend with me and was so incredibly lovely. firstly when I got her autograph on Friday (made her a priority to get as thought Jeri would be incredibly busy on saturday & sunday) she had a lovely chat & thanked me for coming.  Then on Saturday I had my photo with her and again she was incredibly lovely & then yesterday I attended her “Seven Of Nine” panel and normally I don’t ask questions at panels as I’m too nervous,  but Jeri made me overcome my nerves & was able to ask a couple of questions about Voyager & Dracula 2000.

Other guests I enjoyed interacting with were the Discovery cast at panels, photo shoots & autographs with special mentions for Sonequa Martin-Green who was really fun, bubbly & really lovely both when I got her autograph & at the discovery panel,  Jason Isaacs who did a brilliant solo panel on sunday,  Mary Wiseman who was more than happy to chat to me about Tilly as she was leaving a panel to go back to signing autographs and Mary Chieffo & Ken Mitchell who were both very funny & entertaining,  especially at their panel on Sunday which closed my weekend at DST.   Had a lovely chat with Jayne Brook too & Doug Jones is a lovely guy 

William Shatner was very funny & entertaining in his panel I attended,  enjoyed the panel with Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell too.  Alice Krige & Gates McFadden were lovely 

was really lovely chatting to other Trek fans who couldn’t care less that I was autistic & treated me as just a Trek fan.

will be back for more.  Don’t think it will be next year, but I’ll be there in 2020

Edited by brooketessmacherfan
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

I was ridiculously excited about my first Star Trek convention yet was also very nervous as I was worried my nerves would get the better of me as I’m autistic and not usually good in crowds but I ended up having a fantastic weekend and it could not have gone any better and have nothing negative to say about DST

Jeri Ryan was the main guest I was looking forward too and she was fantastic all weekend with me and was so incredibly lovely. firstly when I got her autograph on Friday (made her a priority to get as thought Jeri would be incredibly busy on saturday & sunday) she had a lovely chat & thanked me for coming.  Then on Saturday I had my photo with her and again she was incredibly lovely & then yesterday I attended her “Seven Of Nine” panel and normally I don’t ask questions at panels as I’m too nervous,  but Jeri made me overcome my nerves & was able to ask a couple of questions about Voyager & Dracula 2000.

Other guests I enjoyed interacting with were the Discovery cast at panels, photo shoots & autographs with special mentions for Sonequa Martin-Green who was really fun, bubbly & really lovely both when I got her autograph & at the discovery panel,  Jason Isaacs who did a brilliant solo panel on sunday,  Mary Wiseman who was more than happy to chat to me about Tilly as she was leaving a panel to go back to signing autographs yesterday  and Mary Chieffo & Ken Mitchell who were both very funny & entertaining,  especially at their panel on Sunday afternoon  which closed my fantastic weekend at DST.   Had a lovely chat with Jayne Brook too & Doug Jones is a lovely guy 

William Shatner was very funny & entertaining in his panel I attended,  enjoyed the panel with Michael Dorn & Terry Farrell too.  Alice Krige & Gates McFadden were lovely 

was really lovely chatting to other Trek fans who couldn’t care less that I was autistic & treated me as just a Trek fan.

will be back for more.  Don’t think it will be next year, but I’ll be there in 2020

Please delete this one moderators,  pressed quote instead of edit 

Edited by brooketessmacherfan

2 hours ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

Other guests I enjoyed interacting with were the Discovery cast at panels, photo shoots & autographs with special mentions for Sonequa Martin-Green who was really fun, bubbly & really lovely both when I got her autograph & at the discovery panel,  Jason Isaacs who did a brilliant solo panel on sunday,  Mary Wiseman who was more than happy to chat to me about Tilly as she was leaving a panel to go back to signing autographs and Mary Chieffo & Ken Mitchell who were both very funny & entertaining,  especially at their panel on Sunday which closed my weekend at DST.   Had a lovely chat with Jayne Brook too & Doug Jones is a lovely guy 

I'm so glad you had a great time. I had hoped you would. Really sorry I didn't get to meet you although I thought that was you asking a question at Jeri's panel but you've just confirmed it so I did see you at least. hope this is the first of many fun Star Trek events for you!

• Like 1