POA what do you think??

Prongs

What do you think of the new movie?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new movie?

• Brilliant, better than the first two
    • Good, not quite as good as the first two
    • Average/ not sure
    • Could of been better
    • Awful

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I enjoyed the film although I wil have to see it again to make a proper judgement on its merits.

Thought it felt rushed in some places & slow in others.

They never explained how come Snape couldn't use the Marauders Map but Lupin could (obviously because he made it but they don't explain that). If I had been Harry, that would have been my first question after Lupin covered for him.

Special effects were excellent & it was quite spine-tingling in places. Sure I would have been scared if I hadn't already known the story. :lol:

As for the characters, I thought Harry, Hermione & Ron were really good - they acted more like real teenagers. In fact I thought everyone seemed a lot more human than in the first 2 films. Wasn't very impressed with Dumbledore. He doesn't have the same aura about him as Richard Harris.

But overall a thumbs up! :D

I just remembered something else that seemed inconsistent: when Harry & Hermione meet Dumbledore outside the hospital wing after the time-turner bit, he disappears in front of them but you can't apparate inside Hogwarts. Perhaps he used some other magic ;)

He walks off to the side down some stairs :P

I just remembered something else that seemed inconsistent: when Harry & Hermione meet Dumbledore outside the hospital wing after the time-turner bit, he disappears in front of them but you can't apparate inside Hogwarts.  Perhaps he used some other magic  ;)

He walks off to the side down some stairs :P

I think I missed that - I couldn't see the stairs!! :P

I saw the fiolm last night with Jez and I bloody loved every minute of it. My fave part was the bus, I want to go on that bus, that was seriously wicked. I loved the whole film and OMG isn't Daniel starting to look a right cutey and yes i know he is like ten years younger than me, even so, always fancied having a toy boy LOL

I saw the fiolm last night with Jez and I bloody loved every minute of it. My fave part was the bus, I want to go on that bus, that was seriously wicked. I loved the whole film and OMG isn't Daniel starting to look a right cutey and yes i know he is like ten years younger than me, even so, always fancied having a toy boy LOL

You & your young boys!! :rolleyes:

He's becoming more Elijah-ish by the day......that's prob why u like him :rolleyes:

My views on the Prisoner of Askaban

I finally got to see it yesterday despite all the problems I had getting to and from the cinema. Here are my views:

I loved the fact that this film stood out from the three. It’s dark but beautiful. Alfonso Cuaron directs in a very different way than the first two directors. Some say the third film isn’t as magical as the first two but I disagree; I think it is more so. The Cinematography was so beautiful, it was really amazing and it gave me goose pimples, the falling leaves, the forest all of it added to the magic of the story. I loved the way Cuaron put the scenes together, interlinking them beautifully.

You can really see that the characters have grown up in this film. Not only the characters but the actors. The acting in this film was an improvement on the first two and the central characters have really grown in their parts. James and Oliver have improved as Fred and George in the third film though still a bit like they were giving a speech. However they did make me laugh especially when they gave the Marauder’s Map to Harry.

One of my favourite parts of the film was Buckbeak. I loved him in the books and I love him even more in the film.

I was a bit annoyed at the fact the Dementors were flying instead of floating. The fact Lupin was Moony and James was prongs etc. was not mentioned and I felt it should have been.

I liked that additional scenes were added such as the scene where Ron has the nightmare and where the lads are mucking around in the dorm. I thought it added more to the film and this is what was lacking in the first two.

They did mix the order of the sequences and changed little things which may annoy some Harry Potter fans.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed Prisoner of Askaban. I was totally absorbed in it and I couldn’t believe it had finished so quickly it only seemed like an hour long.

Anyways these are my views

Charlotte

I finally got to see it yesterday afternoon.

Although a very good film i didnt think it was the better of the 3.

a lot was missed out from the book and certain events happened in the film as they didnt in the book. I found Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets adhered to the books very well.

Maybe it's because Chris Columbus wasnt directing as he did the first 2...i dunno.

in any event, i would defo recommend this film...and echo much of charlottes views above.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ashleo78

I to couldn't believe how quick the film seemed to go. Definately worth watching, but I think the second one is my favourite so far, but I'll have to watch it again before making my mind up. Can't wait for the next one :wub:

I thought the film was great!! I really enjoyed it but I agree that it was abit rushed and some important facts were missed out! With the explanation of the map and Harrys dad being prongs. But I suppose they couldnt include everything!

I'm just worried about the next film as the book is much longer and I dont want more facts and chunks of the books to be missed out! Do you think it would be better if they split the 4th book into two films and released them a couple of months apart?? :D:P:(

OK My final views!

After watching the film 3 times my conclusion:-

PLEASE lets not have Alfonso back! I said since he took over that it was gunna be crap!

OK! The best way I can sum it up is in two sentances:-

It wasnt MAGICAL!

It missed important stuff out!

Thats all im gunna say, it dont deserve anything else! *is very peeved off with HP3*

:lol: Im not even gunna bother watching Goblet of Fire! :lol:

OK My final views!

PLEASE lets not have Alfonso back! I said since he took over that it was gunna be crap!

It wasnt MAGICAL!

Thats all im gunna say, it dont deserve anything else! *is very peeved off with HP3*

:D Im not even gunna bother watching Goblet of Fire! :D

I agree with you! I watch it when it comes out on Dvd. They are cutting the Dursleys and Quidditch World Cup.

Kyle Longbottom

Ok, a few picky points:

Not enough about the Marauders

Flying dementors?

Harry's stag patronus was a bit of a let-down

BUT, overall...I LOVED IT!!!!

Definitely the best so far! Really dark and much more aimed at an older audience (thank you!) - not completely unlike some of Burton's best stuff!

And Thewlis and Oldman were excellent!!! Did the characters justice!!

Emma Thompson was great too!!

I thought everything was handled really well and I can't wait for the GOF to come out now - hurry up LOL!!

:D;):wub:

....They never explained how come Snape couldn't use the Marauders Map but Lupin could...

ummm I thought they explained it because it was "hidden" and because Snape didn't say then incantation thing Harry says to get it to work... didn't notice Lupin making it work, only at the end when he sees Harry coming (and I thought then Harry knew... damn it I can't mem!!! :wub: haven't seen in few weeks now will have to watch that bit closely when seeing for third time!!!

my views (some simular with what other people have said):

- don't like new Domledore! :wub: Richard Harris was excellent (Rest in Peace) and I dion't think the new guy will ever fill his shoes or do the character better but obv must be hard to do the roll some one so acclaimed did previously

- too much with the contemporary and not enough school-y stuff, though friends have said they just trying to show all the different aspects in each book/film

- important details such as the map have been left out BUT we should bear in mind people's views on what is imporant often differ and maybe they didn't want to complicate things?! possibly bearing in mind the younger members of the audience?!

- should have included the Quidditch match or mention it so we know why Harry can do the big Potronium at the end (but maybe they didn't want to have too much Quidditch?!)

- was good that this story involved Ron and Hermione a bit more, sometimes I feel that, spesh Chambre of Secrets, focused too much on Harry (although some of you may argue that is the point!)

- felt there wasn't enough Ron!!!!! ( :wub: )

- how did Draco look so different?! and who was that random mate of his and where was Crabbe (or was it Goyle?) :huh: always get them mixed up :wub: (thinking particularly of snow scene and the punch scene...

- Hagrid is my fave character, it would be so lush to hug him (as Hagrid!!) Robbie Coltrane is the best!

- the night bus was well funny! I LOVED the Jamacian head (even though there are complaints it wasn't in the book) they should have gone to WALES though!!!! :wub:

- it's like whenever they make something (novel/historical event/etc) into a film: it's NEVER IDENTICAL to the original, where's the fun in that?! please remember, like with LotR, the film has to try and satisfy die hard novel fans as well as movie goers! and also that it was 2 1/2hours long as it was! again bearing younger members of the audience in mind again, they can't make it go on forever like LotR as children won't sit there that long!

- finally (yep I hope this is the last thing!!!) as GoF is so LONG, maybe they would be better releasing it in 2 parts (like Kill Bill) but not sure if they would do that! can you imagaine it stopping half way through?! :wub: (mind you suppose LotR and KB did...)

phew! well that's me done for the night!

surfy sah xx

ps - Emma Watson has really come along as Hermione! :huh:

pps - David and Gary fit their characters well!

ppps - didn't like the beginning scene with Aunt Marge :P found it cringe worthy more than funny :wub:

- don't like new Domledore! :D Richard Harris was excellent (Rest in Peace) and I dion't think the new guy will ever fill his shoes or do the character better but obv must be hard to do the roll some one so acclaimed did previously

I agree that Michael Gambon doesn't quite have the same presence that Richard Harris brought to Dumbledore!

BUT!!!!!

I must say that there aren't many actors out there who could've taken over Harris and came off in a positive light! I think most people would agree that he did a bloody good job trying to fill those very large wizardy boots!

Well done Michael, but R.I.P Richard!

ok.. ive seen POA 5 times. and i still love it.

i know that a lot of people arent happy about bits that were missed out or bits that appear in the film that arent in the books.... but for me it was an amazing film. i agree that prehaps it didnt follow the book... but it is a completely different medium. film! book! there has to be differences.

the only dissappointing thing for me was that it wasnt clear who the marauders were. ive explained countless of times to people who havent read the books what that map was all about. i just wish that it was in the film.

but just think about all the fans out there. it is damned impossible to please everyone. i personally think that alfonso did an amazing job. he seemed to bring out something that chris couldnt. there was some amazing exposition and the transitions were incredible. the overall feel of the film was subtly beautiful.

and i have to say that hermione kicked ass in POA. Emma Watson has certainly grown into that role. and for me... she plays it to almost perfection! i love that she is shown to know whats going on more than harry does. the emphasis was moved off harry to the friends that the three have become. and its very powerful. i used to think that the friendship thay had was so special and that i would never have friends like that. It really comes accross well in this film. and i love it! its just a shame that there wasnt much of ron! (but then... there wasnt much of hermione in COS)

so yeah... i really like POA!

=x=

OK My final views!

It wasnt MAGICAL!

:D Im not even gunna bother watching Goblet of Fire! :angry:

I agree with you! I watch it when it comes out on Dvd. They are cutting the Dursleys and Quidditch World Cup.

Kyle Longbottom

CUTTING THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP?

WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD THEY DO THAT...

They cut quidditch out of the hp3 didn't they?

and the hp3 game...