POA what do you think??

Prongs

What do you think of the new movie?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new movie?

• Brilliant, better than the first two
    • Good, not quite as good as the first two
    • Average/ not sure
    • Could of been better
    • Awful

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved it but i cant believe they didnt put the Quidditch final chapter in!! I would have thought that would have been a feel good moment!!

Other than that it was perfect (Especially Lupin and Black!!)

Bless Ron and Hermione

i loved it but i cant believe they didnt put the Quidditch final chapter in!! I would have thought that would have been a feel good moment!!

Other than that it was perfect (Especially Lupin and Black!!)

Bless Ron and Hermione

yeah that's what my friend was saying....They should always include the ending i think.........

on the plus side everything they miss out in the films cant be important to the twist in the final book...i mean they cant have a big twist in the final film and not have left clues in the previous movies!!

Well thats my thought anyway!

absolutely amazing, considering the book was my least favourite.

think i may hav changed my mind bout that now tho, i didnt enjoy the book as much cos i dont think i understood it properly with the whole time turning thing. (yes- im slow)

the movie was so clever tho, i was sat there with my mouth open the entire time, and i didnt even look at my watch to see how long it had left half way thru.

another plus, i didnt even go to the toilet.

and that hermione punch, go girl!

kirsty xx

ive seen it twice already!

i love it. its much better than the first two. alfonso has managed to give it such a beautiful feel... simple things like the leaf falling to the ground... i loved that. and the scene in the boys dormatory was unbelievably touching.

i loved the change in hermione... she was so much more ... in control... if thats at all possible. and her punching draco was up in my top 10 moments. she kicked ass in the time turner sequence. go hermione!

the shrieking shack scene was incredible! that was the scene i was anticipating the most and it was just as i imagined it. sirius was perfect! i loved lupin and snapes animosity was brilliant.

i also loved the humour. rons dream about the spiders was just classic. and the poor blue bird! bless!

i want alfonso to direct the next movie! i know hes not... but i want him to. he has an amazing way of putting emotion across on screen in the most simplest of ways without losing any of the impact. the cinematography was amazing and somehow he managed to get a better performance out of the kids. definatly the best hp movie to date.

so.... how long til goblet of fire then?? =)

think i may hav changed my mind bout that now tho, i didnt enjoy the book as much cos i dont think i understood it properly with the whole time turning thing. (yes- im slow)

the movie was so clever tho, i was sat there with my mouth open the entire time, and i didnt even look at my watch to see how long it had left half way thru.

kirsty xx

LEAST fav?!!?!?! :blink: okay.....

love youuuuu :o

AND you get to see hermoine punch him TWICE!!!!

kirsty xx

LEAST fav?!!?!?! :blink: okay.....

love youuuuu :o

AND you get to see hermoine punch him TWICE!!!!

lol, hey spooz ;)

havn't been here in months, better hav missed me.

and yea i dunno wots going on with the least fav thingy but im reading it agen, mite actually understand it this time now i know wot goes on!

*grabs spooz's bum*

kirsty xx

OMG!!!

It was my favortte book... my favorite film..

i was a little dissappointed that it didnt explain about his dad being prongs..... or lupin being at skool wiv hiz dad...... or how wormtail had really betrayed him... it didnt say about the secret keeper...

so that was the worst of it... there was two and a half hours of good bits though!!!

if you didnt read the book before watching the film.... there would have been no problems in the storyline for you, itz only coz i felt they misses some crutial points!!!

WOOHOO Go hermione! she was fantastic!!!

and Malfoy... Ron.... Harry.....

all i can say is woah...

did they look fitt/georgus/delicious

i wants more!!!

seein it again on thursday!!!

:lol:

Hmmm... I agree that the general feel of the film was good, I mean the scene in the boys dorm was great and the leaf falling stuff etc but what happened to the actual story?? I mean, did the person who wrote the screenplay actually READ the book!!!??? It was my fave book coz of all the intertwining story threads and revelations but hardly any of it was in the film!!

The acting gets better and better though which was nice to see, and Gary and David did Sirius and Lupin proud but I still came away with a bitter taste in my mouth.

:P

• Showmasters Admin

Great film.

A lot less kiddie than the first 2, really dark. The cinematography is more gritty, more real. It doesn't have the "Disney" glow to it that I felt was wrong in the first 2. The castle and grounds and so much more interesting to look at.

The story was well done, especially as they had to shorten a much longer book. It has all of the main scene in it and the story is very well told. My only criticism is that some of the main scenes felt a bit rushed and so for people who haven't read the book (is there anyone left?) they may find they miss something important to the plot.

The 3 main characters have really grown into their roles (literally). Their new more mature look really goes well with the more adult orientated film. Emma Watson, is a really little star now. In the first film I felt she was over acting, but it worked as it was how I felt Hermione should be. But in this film she really shines, I think we'll be hearing about her for at least the next 20 years. Dan Radcliffe, does a great job of playing the new mature, feeling Harry. With Rupert Grint (how I felt was the highlight of the first 2 films) doesn't let us down, he is still very much Ron, with some very funny one liners.

I have to admit that I wasn't overly happy when I heard that Gary Oldman was going to play Sirius. He just wasn't who I had pictured Sirius to be. But I have to say I was wrong, Oldman really brings Black to life. Then there is David Thewlis as Remus Lupin. He does a good job but in this case he really didn't live up to my expectations. I saw Lupin as a much more vibrant (spark in his eyes) kind of character in the books and never really felt that in Thewlis' performance.

It was never going to be easy for Michael Gambon to pick up were the late great Richard Harris had left off, but he does OK. I think in the next film we may have accepted him. But in this one I was still thinking "It's not Richard".

Devon Murrey (Seamus) gets to say more in this film and shows he's more than up for it. I hope they do more with his character in the next couple of films. The Weasley twin are of course there again, but I felt that as with the last 2 films the Phelps twins sound like they are giving a speech rather than being in a conversation.

Robbie Coltrane is again a wonderful Hagrid. I could not imagine anyone else playing the part, he is just great.

My favourite character I would say is Hermione, so well acted by Emma Watson.

It is definitely my favourite so far.

Stuart.

the fact that the marauders werent explained was the only thing i can find in the movie that really bothered me. some of my favourite bits in the book arent in the movie but it works really well the way it is.

wish the marauders were explained though.