Jump to content
Matty-lad

Admiral Package information

Recommended Posts

So I know this is going to make me sound stupid so I apologise....

My nan recently passed away and I thought in tribute to her I would use some of my forthcoming inheritance on an admiral pass. She has always supported my Star Trek love andshe would be happy I was using it like this. 

So now the questions..

1) Are there any guest autographs that are exempt from this? I'm a little worried certain big names won't be available. 

2) Am I able to purchase further autographs from guests while getting the ones in the package? 

Sorry for the questions. Been to many Showmaster events but this'll be the first dedicated show. Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matty-lad said:

So I know this is going to make me sound stupid so I apologise....

My nan recently passed away and I thought in tribute to her I would use some of my forthcoming inheritance on an admiral pass. She has always supported my Star Trek love andshe would be happy I was using it like this. 

So now the questions..

1) Are there any guest autographs that are exempt from this? I'm a little worried certain big names won't be available. 

2) Am I able to purchase further autographs from guests while getting the ones in the package? 

Sorry for the questions. Been to many Showmaster events but this'll be the first dedicated show. Thanks. 

Sorry to hear about your nan. :(

1) I believe it gets you an autograph from every attending guest.

2) Yes, you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good use of the money Matty and a nice tribute.

Just to fully confirm what Dalek said, yes.  1 auto from all attending guests is included in the Admiral as are all Standard photo shoots.  It specifies that it's guests taking part in the auto sessions but I haven't seen anyone excluded.  If they announced a last min name who was say only doing photo's as they weren't there long or something then you wouldn't be able to get an auto but outside of something like that, as far as I'm aware all guests are doing auto's

Edited by Raylenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically you will get 2 autographs per guest becasue not only do you get your in person autograph from each guest that is doing autographs (so all of them) you get an exclusive DST poster that is signed by every guest at the event too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 6:13 PM, Matty-lad said:

So I know this is going to make me sound stupid so I apologise....

My nan recently passed away and I thought in tribute to her I would use some of my forthcoming inheritance on an admiral pass. She has always supported my Star Trek love andshe would be happy I was using it like this. 

So now the questions..

1) Are there any guest autographs that are exempt from this? I'm a little worried certain big names won't be available. 

2) Am I able to purchase further autographs from guests while getting the ones in the package? 

Sorry for the questions. Been to many Showmaster events but this'll be the first dedicated show. Thanks. 

I'm doing the same tribute for my recently departed Gran @Matty-lad, I'm sure we'll both do them proud and fully enjoy the experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GodAtum said:

@Matty-lad @robmoriarty

I was thinking about this package but could not justify the cost. Was it worth it, did you sit in the front row of all talks and skip all queues?

Yes, all talks I made it to and absolutely worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robmoriarty said:

Yes, all talks I made it to and absolutely worth it.

Did you get assigned front row seats? Did you get to skip all the queues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Did you get assigned front row seats? Did you get to skip all the queues?

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GodAtum said:

@Matty-lad @robmoriarty

I was thinking about this package but could not justify the cost. Was it worth it, did you sit in the front row of all talks and skip all queues?

Having just gone through and worked it all out, based on the fact that I got:

  • photos and autographs with everyone I wanted to (including ones I'd had previously but decided to get again), that came to 41 guests - easily over £2k value
  • a front row seat for the DS9 documentary, mingling with the stars who were even sat behind me for the duration (and believe me that felt weird hearing Casey Biggs laughing his head off every few minutes!)
  • access to the Saturday night party even though didn't bother with the Friday one
  • front row seats for 4 talks (my one grumble, I wish I could have gone to more, but had so many guests to get photos and autographs with)
  • meet and great sessions each day, plus breakfast with several stars which were intimate and great fun
  • a goody bag with some pretty decent stuff and a merchandised photo for each guest
  • an event poster signed by all attending guests
  • all bridge and green screen photo ops included

That easily gets you to a £3K value. Add on top of that a few extras we got, and you really can't put a value on how much time the queue jumping perk saves - then it really does start to be economically viable for that number of guests.

I must also say again a huge thank you needs to be fed back to Gerri and Kelly who were looking after us all weekend - they bent over backwards so many times and couldn't have done any more.

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Having just gone through and worked it all out, based on the fact that I got:

  • photos and autographs with everyone I wanted to (including ones I'd had previously but decided to get again), that came to 41 guests - easily over £2k value
  • a front row seat for the DS9 documentary, mingling with the stars who were even sat behind me for the duration (and believe me that felt weird hearing Casey Biggs laughing his head off every few minutes!)
  • access to the Saturday night party even though didn't bother with the Friday one
  • front row seats for 4 talks (my one grumble, I wish I could have gone to more, but had so many guests to get photos and autographs with)
  • meet and great sessions each day, plus breakfast with several stars which were intimate and great fun
  • a goody bag with some pretty decent stuff and a merchandised photo for each guest
  • an event poster signed by all attending guests
  • all bridge and green screen photo ops included

That easily gets you to a £3K value. Add on top of that a few extras we got, and you really can't put a value on how much time the queue jumping perk saves - then it really does start to be economically viable for that number of guests.

I must also say again a huge thank you needs to be fed back to Gerri and Kelly who were looking after us all weekend - they bent over backwards so many times and couldn't have done any more.

Thanks for the comprehensive review, it's greatly appreciated. Are you allowed to say what guests you had breakfast with? I know that the show crew can be very disorganised (in London they were very bad at managing the VIP queue). Was it better organised this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodAtum said:

Thanks for the comprehensive review, it's greatly appreciated. Are you allowed to say what guests you had breakfast with? I know that the show crew can be very disorganised (in London they were very bad at managing the VIP queue). Was it better organised this time?

Michael, Nicole, Aron, Max and Chase. What was discussed is of course classified Sigma Nine clearance only...;)

Yes, Gerri and Kelly both on top of ensuring everything went as planned, and any slippage resolved quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×