New Attendees Advice Thread

R4wly97

On 3/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, MarioVl said:

Last year Jason walked around the convention on several occasions, blasting rock from his phone, and a lot of fans followed him for no other reason than the pleasure of being near him and the collective fun of being part of it. His agent looked shocked :D This is clearly not a scheduled part of the event, so don't count on it, but maybe you'll get lucky!

He did? I missed that! Hopefully he will do the same this year when I am around and I will catch a glimpse!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitewillow said:

He did? I missed that! Hopefully he will do the same this year when I am around and I will catch a glimpse!

I've seen it too. But I wasn't fast enough to take out my camera... There were a lot of female fans following Jason around touching him and taking selfies. Jason obviously enjoyed it, the official persons around him not so much.

17 minutes ago, Ansett said:

I've seen it too. But I wasn't fast enough to take out my camera... There were a lot of female fans following Jason around touching him and taking selfies. Jason obviously enjoyed it, the official persons around him not so much.

Let's just consider that but with gender roles reversed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Juliet18 said:

Hi I have a diamond pass but if I want a extra photo with the same guest can I buy a photo pass aswell as my diamond pass? And would the second photo be taken at a different time thanks 

Yes, just buy an additional photo shoot ticket and you can have the photo at the same time as your DP photo (if both of them are for the same day)

Hi. I’m new here! I’ll be attending my first LFCC in July. Just a couple of questions...

- What time do photos usually start on the Sunday?

- If I get there just before doors open, will I miss my photo if I’m in batch one.

- I’m not really meeting anyone other than Lana sadly, so was wondering what else there is to do on the day :-) 

6 minutes ago, jenningzx said:

Hi. I’m new here! I’ll be attending my first LFCC in July. Just a couple of questions...

- What time do photos usually start on the Sunday?

- If I get there just before doors open, will I miss my photo if I’m in batch one.

- I’m not really meeting anyone other than Lana sadly, so was wondering what else there is to do on the day :-) 

Hi, Jenningzx, and welcome!

- Photoshoots usually begin at 9.30, and they'll be scattered throughout the day, these will be on the schedule, released roughly a week before the con.

- If there's a photoshoot at half 9, chances are there'll be a PM shoot as well as an AM one. Best option is to check the schedule when it's released.

- There's panels, both free and paid, for both the guests and cosplay guests, stalls across 2 halls, comic artists to meet, and the other guests. It's happened to me before that I've decided to meet someone else on the day itself, plus, there's plenty of time till the con for other guests to be announced that you might be interested in meeting. :smile:

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

- There's panels, both free and paid, for both the guests and cosplay guests, stalls across 2 halls, comic artists to meet, and the other guests. It's happened to me before that I've decided to meet someone else on the day itself, plus, there's plenty of time till the con for other guests to be announced that you might be interested in meeting. :smile:

Don't forget the best bit - there are thousands of potential friends for you to make :)

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Hi, Jenningzx, and welcome!

- Photoshoots usually begin at 9.30, and they'll be scattered throughout the day, these will be on the schedule, released roughly a week before the con.

- If there's a photoshoot at half 9, chances are there'll be a PM shoot as well as an AM one. Best option is to check the schedule when it's released.

That’s helpful to know, thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Rowka said:

Yes, thank you! Can you pay by card and cash or is it cash only? 

Either.  It is better to pre buy if you can as the queue's at the sales desk can be long. You can also still buy online up to 15 mins before the shoot - you just have to be able to show the ticket on your phone if you do that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowka said:

Yes, thank you! Can you pay by card and cash or is it cash only? 

Just an FYI for auto's - it's cash only at the guests table or you can buy auto vouchers at the sales desk (With cash or card)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

If you are referring to photo shoot tickets, yes you can buy them from the sales desk at the event, so long as the shoot isn't sold out. 

Just to be on the extra safe side: if a shoot sells out online prior to the show that is it. No tickets are being kept aside for sales on the day. So if it is a popular guest you want a photo with we strongly re-commend prebuying. Shoots have sold out before the show, and many more sell out quickly on the day.

• Like 1

Hi, a newbie here! It's my first time attending any con and I'm really nervous, so if you guys could clarify a few things for me I would be really grateful. :)

1. During photo-ops, how tolerant are the photographers and crew towards poses? I mean how easily do they allow people to do poses with a guest? I know that poses that are complex and time-consuming are forbidden, but would a hugging pose be alright, if the guest agrees to it? I would really love it if I could hug my idol when I meet her, as it has been my dream for a long time. However if the photo-op crew says no to a hug, is it possible to get a hug when getting an autograph from her? (Actually what do you guys recommend, should I try to get a hug during photos or during autographs? That is if the queues aren't long and the guest is ok with it.)

2. When will the guests do autographs? I looked at last year's schedule and (unless I missed something) it only showed the times when the guests are doing talks or photo-ops. There's no mention of when the guests are signing autographs. Is there even a set time for the guests to do autographs or are they at the signing table every time they're free? (When they're not on breaks, of course...)

3. How do the autographs work? The LFCC website says that you purchase the autograph at the desk that is before the signing table. That is for normal tickets. What do I do if I have a Diamond Pass? As the autograph is included in the DP, I don't have to pay anything. Do I just head straight to the queue then or do I have to show my pass to anyone before that? I assume that I have to show my pass at some point, but who is the person I show my DP to?

4. One last question about autographs: I know LFCC provides you with a photo to get signed if you don't bring something of your own, but is there a "collection" to choose from? Like are there a few different photos on display and you choose one of those to get signed or is there only one kind of photo available (that is the same for anyone getting an autograph from that particular guest)? 

28 minutes ago, LadyLiberty said:

Hi, a newbie here! It's my first time attending any con and I'm really nervous, so if you guys could clarify a few things for me I would be really grateful. :)

1. During photo-ops, how tolerant are the photographers and crew towards poses? I mean how easily do they allow people to do poses with a guest? I know that poses that are complex and time-consuming are forbidden, but would a hugging pose be alright, if the guest agrees to it? I would really love it if I could hug my idol when I meet her, as it has been my dream for a long time. However if the photo-op crew says no to a hug, is it possible to get a hug when getting an autograph from her? (Actually what do you guys recommend, should I try to get a hug during photos or during autographs? That is if the queues aren't long and the guest is ok with it.)

2. When will the guests do autographs? I looked at last year's schedule and (unless I missed something) it only showed the times when the guests are doing talks or photo-ops. There's no mention of when the guests are signing autographs. Is there even a set time for the guests to do autographs or are they at the signing table every time they're free? (When they're not on breaks, of course...)

3. How do the autographs work? The LFCC website says that you purchase the autograph at the desk that is before the signing table. That is for normal tickets. What do I do if I have a Diamond Pass? As the autograph is included in the DP, I don't have to pay anything. Do I just head straight to the queue then or do I have to show my pass to anyone before that? I assume that I have to show my pass at some point, but who is the person I show my DP to?

4. One last question about autographs: I know LFCC provides you with a photo to get signed if you don't bring something of your own, but is there a "collection" to choose from? Like are there a few different photos on display and you choose one of those to get signed or is there only one kind of photo available (that is the same for anyone getting an autograph from that particular guest)? 

1.  Very.   They are very used to it.  Hugging isn't really considered a pose, if you want a hug, ask the guest as you are going up and take cues from the people in front of you.  Most guests are fine with hugging but obviously be aware there are some who don't like it, but they will be polite about it.  Some guests may be sat down so you would be as well and that won't really allow for hugs, but most it's fine.  Just respect what the guest says obviously.  If you do want a pose it's best to try and find a picture that represents what you want to do, print it out and show the guest - it makes it much easier to understand quickly what you want to do.  It's hard to say about hugging at the auto's as if the guest doesn't do them during the photo's, it's because they probably don't like close contact or may be germophobes which won't have changed when they are back at their signing desk.  Not doing hugging isn't usually related to making the photo's go quicker.  If they aren't doing it during the photo's they more than likely won't do it at the signing desk either.

2. Guests sign all day unless they are on a break, in shoots or in a talk so don't have a schedule for that - what people usually do is copy the schedule when it comes out and highlight the activities of the people you want to meet so you have a quick reference for when they will be away from their desks and can plan around that. 

3. Diamond passes still pay at the desk for any extra's they want, but if you only want the one included you just join the queue once your batch has been called (or any time during the day after), show your pass to join the queue and they will clip your pass to show you have been through.  You can only use the pass once, if you want to join the auto queue again after you have gone through you will need to get a Virtual Queue ticket to see them again.

4.For most guests there will be a wide selection of pictures to choose from, mostly from their most prominant roles, but if there is a specific role/image you want it's best to bring it with you.  They won't tell us what images are available before the event so it's really see what they have on the day.

Edited by Raylenth

13 minutes ago, LadyLiberty said:

Welcome.  I was a newbie last year and it is a bit daunting.

1. Depends on guest preferences and time. Most are more than happy to oblige but you can never tell.  See what the people in front of you do.

2. There is no schedule for autograph signing. Guests will be at their table between photo shoots,  talks,  breaks etc. Just keep an eye on where they are sitting and information will be posted. 

3. Show your dp at the queue.  You will have a batch number and only join the queue after it's called.  You can buy extra autographs other than the one included if you want. Depending on the popularity of the guest there may be a separate table to pay at or you pay the person sitting next to the guest. If you don't have a dp you may need to get a vq ticket.  These are explained on the website.

4. If you don't have your own item to be signed there will be a collection of photos you can choose from. 

Hope you have fun.  I definitely caught the con bug. :D

2 hours ago, LadyLiberty said:

I just thought, you might like to look at these old photo's from past events.  You can see what has been done before regarding hugs and poses to see how many times they happen https://showmasters.photoshelter.com/