New Attendees Advice Thread

R4wly97

Thank you to everyone who answered, this is very helpful :) One more question - if a photo shoot is scheduled for, say, 15 minutes, and after 10 minutes there are no people in line, does the shoot end, or do the actors wait the remaining 5 minutes in case someone else with a ticket shows up? I would assume it ends, but it would be helpful to know for sure. Thanks again for all the help! 

3 minutes ago, Regal Unicorn said:

Thank you to everyone who answered, this is very helpful :) One more question - if a photo shoot is scheduled for, say, 15 minutes, and after 10 minutes there are no people in line, does the shoot end, or do the actors wait the remaining 5 minutes in case someone else with a ticket shows up? I would assume it ends, but it would be helpful to know for sure. Thanks again for all the help! 

Apparently the crew have a way of knowing if there are any more tickets which haven't been scanned through, so theoretically the guest will be there right up until the end of the shoot to ensure that everyone has had their photo. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

I have a question that someone might be able to help me with as it's my first time at LFCC.

I have a diamond pass for a guest as well as buying an additional photo with them for my wife so we can have a photo together.

Can we get both photos when I get mine (as Diamond) or do I have to wait until her batch number is called?

3 minutes ago, aryousavvy said:

I have a question that someone might be able to help me with as it's my first time at LFCC.

I have a diamond pass for a guest as well as buying an additional photo with them for my wife so we can have a photo together.

Can we get both photos when I get mine (as Diamond) or do I have to wait until her batch number is called?

Her batch number is called.

12 minutes ago, aryousavvy said:

It's always whoever has the highest number. Nobody gets bumped up otherwise everyone would be doing it by meeting up with pals who have a diamond for that particular guest

Edited by Ravogd
Because Ray is always right. All hail Ray

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It's always whoever has the lowest number. Nobody gets bumped up otherwise everyone would be doing it by meeting up with pals who have a diamond for that particular guest

Highest.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

First time going to a convention of any sort! 

Basically I'm looking to do autographs (don't know if I will do any photos).

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. 

People I want to meet are

Joe Flanigan

ian McDiarmid

Billy Dee Williams

Jason Momoa

Hayden Christensen

Brendan Fraser

Robert Picardo

Bob Gale

And possibly a few more depending on queues etc

When I get in I know there are Virtual Queue tickets being given out. Is it realistic to get all these on the Saturday? Are the Virtual Queue tickets gone for the day within minutes of opening? And how do you actually know when your virtual queue ticket is being called?

Thanks!

There is practically no way of achieving all that on one day, even if you had Diamond passes for some of the guests. Definitely a two day job. You are almost certainly going to need a DP for Hayden I reckon. Ian McD, maybe, ditto BDW. VQ keep getting handed out during the day, they don't run out, you have to go back to the person in question to look at their board to see what's currently "live" for them number wise against the ticket number you have.

3 minutes ago, Eoin2211 said:

Hi All, 

First time going to a convention of any sort! 

Basically I'm looking to do autographs (don't know if I will do any photos).

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. 

People I want to meet are

Joe Flanigan

ian McDiarmid

Billy Dee Williams

Jason Momoa

Hayden Christensen

Brendan Fraser

Robert Picardo

Bob Gale

And possibly a few more depending on queues etc

When I get in I know there are Virtual Queue tickets being given out. Is it realistic to get all these on the Saturday? Are the Virtual Queue tickets gone for the day within minutes of opening? And how do you actually know when your virtual queue ticket is being called?

Thanks!

It will be difficult to do all of them in a day. They are not all gone first thing but depending on the guest they will get pretty high pretty fast. The way to check what number they are up to is to keep checking back at their table as at the end of the Q there will be a sign displaying the current numbers allowed to join the queue

• Like 1

Just now, Mayhem said:

There is practically no way of achieving all that on one day, even if you had Diamond passes for some of the guests. Definitely a two day job. You are almost certainly going to need a DP for Hayden I reckon. Ian McD, maybe, ditto BDW. VQ keep getting handed out during the day, they don't run out, you have to go back to the person in question to look at their board to see what's currently "live" for them number wise against the ticket number you have.

Thanks for that, with regards to the diamond pass, is it a case of that all the diamond passes are guaranteed and that potentially nobody without one will get to meet them?

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

It will be difficult to do all of them in a day. They are not all gone first thing but depending on the guest they will get pretty high pretty fast. The way to check what number they are up to is to keep checking back at their table as at the end of the Q there will be a sign displaying the current numbers allowed to join the queue

Thank you! 

Thanks for that, with regards to the diamond pass, is it a case of that all the diamond passes are guaranteed and that potentially nobody without one will get to meet them?

It can happen yes. Last year Christopher eccleston and Peter Capaldi got to little or no VQ tickets. DP is the only 100 percent certain way to get an auto. Photo ops are also 100 percent guaranteed but you don't get much interaction if any. A quick hello, click then move on.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

Depends on the guest and how many DP have been sold, and how fast they sign. Someone such as Meatloaf didn't get through many of the VQ when he attended. Whereas Shatner is a signing machine and I expect him to sign lots. Given Hayden and Ian McD are only there for one day, getting a DP means you are guaranteed the autograph, and you get to queue up early on if you so wish as DP are called first for autographs.

• Like 2

Just now, Mayhem said:

Depends on the guest and how many DP have been sold, and how fast they sign. Someone such as Meatloaf didn't get through many of the VQ when he attended. Whereas Shatner is a signing machine and I expect him to sign lots. Given Hayden and Ian McD are only there for one day, getting a DP means you are guaranteed the autograph, and you get to queue up early on if you so wish as DP are called first for autographs.

Not strictly true. Since you would be buying them late in the day if you got one now, you would not be able to queue early on. DPs are issued in batches and these batches are called in order like the VQs are. With Hayden for example your batch would be so high no you'd be right at the end of the DP queueing so it'd probably be a couple of hours at least before you could join the line 

1 minute ago, Eoin2211 said:

Thanks, regardless of time waiting, if I buy a diamond pass now for Ian, I will meet him regardless if it's in the evening?

Yes. They will definitely get to all the diamond passes even if it takes right up until the end (sometimes beyond the end)

• Like 1

Yes. They will definitely get to all the diamond passes even if it takes right up until the end (sometimes beyond the end)

Thanks for your help, last question!(I hope!) I see the diamond pass includes a standard photo, can I upgrade this to the photo of him in the throne? Or is this a case of talk to a staff member at the event?

Just now, Eoin2211 said:

Thanks for your help, last question!(I hope!) I see the diamond pass includes a standard photo, can I upgrade this to the photo of him in the throne? Or is this a case of talk to a staff member at the event?

No it's not possible to swap. It is always the standard photo op with the diamond pass. Nothing to stop you buying another photo op though with the throne. Like I said above photo ops are also guaranteed.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

No it's not possible to swap. It is always the standard photo op with the diamond pass. Nothing to stop you buying another photo op though with the throne. Like I said above photo ops are also guaranteed.

Thanks a lot for your help much appreciated!

• Like 1

Im getting there around 8am Saturday, I am aiming to get autographs for Nicole De Boer, Robert Picardo, Walter Koenig and Tom Felton. How likely is it I will be able to get them if I am staying till around 4-6pm? (I am assuming Nicole De Boer and Picardo won't have very high VQ numbers compared to other bigger guests but you never know).

Edited by mflowers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mflowers said:

Im getting there around 8am Saturday, I am aiming to get autographs for Nicole De Boer, Robert Picardo, Walter Koenig and Tom Felton. How likely is it I will be able to get them if I am staying till around 4-6pm? (I am assuming Nicole De Boer and Picardo won't have very high VQ numbers compared to other bigger guests but you never know).

Honestly, we have no idea. Depends on how busy they are and how fast they sign.

Hi folks

I’m new to this event and have some questions… apologies if they have been answered but I had a look through FAQ and this thread and didn’t notice them.

1. I’m coming on the Saturday, and will be booking photo ops with Hayden Christensen and Ian McDiarmid. The train I’m looking at catching should get me there for 11am. With queueing to get into the event itself and then for the Hayden photo op that starts at 12.40pm, have I given myself enough time?
  2. How long does the queue to get in take?
  3. How far in advance should I queue for the photo ops? At the moment I’m thinking of just going straight there for Hayden’s and an hour+ early for Ian.
  4. Is there a queue to wait in until your batch is called and then you go into a smaller queue, or?
  5. Do these two gents have batches as they are both afternoon shoots? Can’t see any on the schedule. If not, is it just the one big queue for each of them?
  6. In worst case scenario, if I can’t get a photo due to the queue being cut off or something, do I get a refund?

Cheers :)

1 minute ago, JammieD said:

Hi folks

I’m new to this event and have some questions… apologies if they have been answered but I had a look through FAQ and this thread and didn’t notice them.

1. I’m coming on the Saturday, and will be booking photo ops with Hayden Christensen and Ian McDiarmid. The train I’m looking at catching should get me there for 11am. With queueing to get into the event itself and then for the Hayden photo op that starts at 12.40pm, have I given myself enough time?
  2. How long does the queue to get in take?
  3. How far in advance should I queue for the photo ops? At the moment I’m thinking of just going straight there for Hayden’s and an hour+ early for Ian.
  4. Is there a queue to wait in until your batch is called and then you go into a smaller queue, or?
  5. Do these two gents have batches as they are both afternoon shoots? Can’t see any on the schedule. If not, is it just the one big queue for each of them?
  6. In worst case scenario, if I can’t get a photo due to the queue being cut off or something, do I get a refund?

Cheers :)

1.  There shouldn't be anyone queuing still at 11AM so you can probably go straight in.

2. Depends on how many people are in it, but it's usually quick if there aren't any issues

3. about 10 minutes before your batch is called, if you haven't booked yet you will be at the end of the session so go about 10/15 mins before it ends.

4. No, people mill around but this just leads to tons of people standing there, so there's no need to arrive to early.

5. Yes, every guest has batches as otherwise you would have all ticket holders turning up at the start and that might be hundreds of people, you judge when to go based on what batch you have, it will be Diamonds first, then golds then standard batches, so the higher your batch the later in the session you will be

6. As long as you are at the shoot at a reasonable time (and not 2 mins before it ends for example) you will get your photo.  If something happened that meant they had to end the shoot early, like the guest had to leave then speak to the Sales Desk.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1