New Attendees Advice Thread

R4wly97

8 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

For the regulars this will seem a stupid question but I've never used a Diamond Pass before.

Do you have to show I.D when collecting them?

Only asking as you have to give name, address and date of birth when buying tickets.

Thanks

I've never been asked to show ID when picking up DPs at the two cons I've had DPs for. But I think it says you have to show ID when picking up DPs somewhere. Anyway, bring ID just incase they do ask for it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:
7 hours ago, HelenP said:

Hi guys, newbie here. This is probably a silly question but I have to know, as I'll come to the Comic Con just to see Jason Momoa. Can you see him with a normal entry ticket? I mean, how close can you get without special passes and stuff? Will I be able to take pictures of him with my phone or will he be like a million miles away from us "commoners"?

Thanks in advance xx

Last year he was signing autographs inside a "room". So there was no chance to see him without paying for an auto or a photo.

As for taking pictures on your phone, that's a definite no-no in the photoshoot, and he may well have a 'no photos' sign up for his autos queue.

But as for 'getting close' to the big man, just buy a photoshoot ticket and you'll be able to get as close as you've ever wanted. Snuggle right up to the gorgeous lump of Hawaiian meat. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, natedammit said:

As for taking pictures on your phone, that's a definite no-no in the photoshoot, and he may well have a 'no photos' sign up for his autos queue.

Thanks for adding that part, brother! :smile: It was a little to early in the morning for my brain to remember that part :WINCE:

5 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I've never been asked to show ID when picking up DPs at the two cons I've had DPs for. But I think it says you have to show ID when picking up DPs somewhere. Anyway, bring ID just incase they do ask for it.

Thanks. I'll take some ID just in case :coolthumb:

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

But as for 'getting close' to the big man, just buy a photoshoot ticket and you'll be able to get as close as you've ever wanted. Snuggle right up to the gorgeous lump of Hawaiian meat. 

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll stick to the TV screen then :/

18 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

What e-mail confirmation did you expect? Confirming you got the extra help pass, or a confirmation your e-mail was received? It's still several months until the show with shows happening inbetween. They'll get back to you in plenty of time if there's an issue.

I never got an extra help pass before and didn't know I could get one I thought I would be emailed tickets that you would have to show I was emailed the normal tickets sorry this is all new to me I have only been to one comic con before and I didn't even know about the extra help pass last time it was a few years ago and can't really remember everything as I have memory loss sorry to bother everyone with my questions 

29 minutes ago, ashyslashy said:

I never got an extra help pass before and didn't know I could get one I thought I would be emailed tickets that you would have to show I was emailed the normal tickets sorry this is all new to me I have only been to one comic con before and I didn't even know about the extra help pass last time it was a few years ago and can't really remember everything as I have memory loss sorry to bother everyone with my questions 

No tickets are e-mailed before, it's all pick up at the show. What you have done is pre-registration. The documentation you need to bring is given on the sheet you submitted.

Don't worry about asking questions, that's what we are here for.

33 minutes ago, ashyslashy said:

Don't apologise, this is why this thread is here, so ask what you need to :P This is a handy link to save if you want as it has all the access info https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/accessibility If your application is successful you  don't get sent any tickets.  You have to buy entry like everyone else but on the day you go to the designated Access Entrance (To be announced nearer the event when they put op the floorplans) and get issued with a wristband.  If you have applied for a carer pass as well, they get in free but cannot take part in any activites outside of what they need to do to assist you, so they can't have their own photo shoots done ect.  Your carer can take part in stuff on their own if they wish and still act as your carer but they will then need an entry ticket

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Don't apologise, this is why this thread is here, so ask what you need to :P This is a handy link to save if you want as it has all the access info https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/accessibility If your application is successful you  don't get sent any tickets.  You have to buy entry like everyone else but on the day you go to the designated Access Entrance (To be announced nearer the event when they put op the floorplans) and get issued with a wristband.  If you have applied for a carer pass as well, they get in free but cannot take part in any activites outside of what they need to do to assist you, so they can't have their own photo shoots done ect.  Your carer can take part in stuff on their own if they wish and still act as your carer but they will then need an entry ticket

Thank you so much 

4 hours ago, ashyslashy said:

I got the extra help last year and never got an email confirmation. At the show they had a list of names which included mine and my sister who I had listed as my carer for the show. Just had to show them my proof and my entry tickets and that was it they gave us the wristbands. If you have any other questions regarding the extra help I'd be happy to answer them.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 12:12 PM, natedammit said:

Or you can join the virtual queue to get an autograph. However if you get a very high number there is a chance your number won't come up and you won't get an autograph. Only guaranteed way to meet him is to buy a photoshoot or a diamond pass.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi this is my first time attending and I’m looking into booking a diamond pass but it still gives you a batch number so I’m slightly confused as I thought diamond had priority so will the batch number not matter really thanks 

6 minutes ago, Juliet18 said:

Hi this is my first time attending and I’m looking into booking a diamond pass but it still gives you a batch number so I’m slightly confused as I thought diamond had priority so will the batch number not matter really thanks 

Diamond passes still have priority, but they are called in batches of 25. So the order to be called will be Diamond Batch 1, Diamond Batch 2 etc. and after all Diamonds per Day are through VQ tickets will be called.

15 minutes ago, Juliet18 said:

Ok thanks so can you go anytime after your batch has been called at the mo they are at batch 4 I was just worried incase I get any trouble with travel I don’t want to miss my slot thanks 

Yes, any time after your batch is called. 

17 minutes ago, Juliet18 said:

Ok thanks so can you go anytime after your batch has been called at the mo they are at batch 4 I was just worried incase I get any trouble with travel I don’t want to miss my slot thanks 

You can, only for the day you buy for but you don't have a set slot, you can join any time after your batch has been called.  

On 2/10/2019 at 3:54 AM, HelenP said:

Hi guys, newbie here. This is probably a silly question but I have to know, as I'll come to the Comic Con just to see Jason Momoa. Can you see him with a normal entry ticket? I mean, how close can you get without special passes and stuff? Will I be able to take pictures of him with my phone or will he be like a million miles away from us "commoners"?

Thanks in advance xx

Last year Jason walked around the convention on several occasions, blasting rock from his phone, and a lot of fans followed him for no other reason than the pleasure of being near him and the collective fun of being part of it. His agent looked shocked :D This is clearly not a scheduled part of the event, so don't count on it, but maybe you'll get lucky!