New Attendees Advice Thread

R4wly97

4 minutes ago, Chrycach said:

Thank You @Raylenth for the advice on my question & my post, that will make it easier for me now to book the photo ops.

Just another question if you don’t mind, can you join an autograph queue at anytime with the diamond pass? 

That's fine, don't hesitate to ask anything you want.  Yes you can but only on the day the pass is valid for.  Diamonds and VQ's are called in small groups to try and keep the queue's manageable, so they will start with Diamonds 1-30 say, then D 1-60, D 1-90 and so on, then it will go to VQ's and the sign will say 'All Diamonds, Vq 1-30, VQ 1-60.........' so you don't have to go through when your group has been called, you can go later in the day,

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ashyslashy said:

what time should I start to queue to get inside.  

It depends on what you want to do and who you want to see.  Generally 8 is a good time but if you want to try for a lot of the big names on the VQ system getting there early is advisable.

3 minutes ago, Chrycach said:

Does a child age 6 need there own photo op pass and would they be able to queue in an autograph line with an adult who has a VQ? 

I believe they will be able to go into the photo shoot area with you, but they can't be in the photo itself without their own ticket. If you have no one else with you who can look after the child then explain to the crew on the day and they should be able to let them queue with you.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Thanks 1

And yes, they will be allowed to be in the auto queue with you without a VQ as well, as Dalek said as well for the photo's if you don't have anyone to look after them out of queue they will not expect a parent to be separated from a young child.

8 minutes ago, David1993 said:

Hi, first timer, I got a question about standard batch holders for photo ops. I may only get the photo taken when my batch number is called right then and there or I can join in after if by any reason I may get delayed or something?

Hi! You can join the queue when or after your batch have been called. A schedule with times for photo ops will be posted a week or so before the con.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

No problem :smile: Just ask if you have anymore questions

Well right thanks :clap:

Now I'm just working out if I should spread the guests I'm going to meet in different days so as to not take the risk of not being able to do it all if the times for each guest mess one or another? As of now I have around 5-6 guests I'm interested in. It's also my first time doing something like this and I'm coming from another country so I'm just a bit worried of buying it all on the same day, it may sound stupid

5 to 6 photoshoots are not that much of a problem. Times may clash of course, but crew will help you get through as fast as possible then. If you are attending several days of course spreading out minimizes clashes. Which guests are you looking at? The names help judge possible complications.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

5 to 6 photoshoots are not that much of a problem. Times may clash of course, but crew will help you get through as fast as possible then. If you are attending several days of course spreading out minimizes clashes. Which guests are you looking at? The names help judge possible complications.

For now I am sure of these: Robert Carlyle, Jason Momoa, Emilie De Ravin, Christina Ricci, William Zabka

I might get some others and if more are announced chances are I'll add some. I have only bought so far 1 DP for Jason Momoa on saturday and I'm looking on what to do with the other guests, if booking them on the same day or what. Also interested in the talks.

No, I'm not a new attendee but I do have a question. :D

A family member of mine said they will buy me a diamond pass so long as I pay them back after I get paid, which is nice of them. My question is, the pass will be in my name but will be bought by someone else who will not be attending the event. In this instance, can I pick up the diamond pass as it is in my name? Or do I need a written note from the buyer saying I can collect it or something like that?

3 hours ago, David1993 said:

For now I am sure of these: Robert Carlyle, Jason Momoa, Emilie De Ravin, Christina Ricci, William Zabka

I might get some others and if more are announced chances are I'll add some. I have only bought so far 1 DP for Jason Momoa on saturday and I'm looking on what to do with the other guests, if booking them on the same day or what. Also interested in the talks.

Most of these are guaranteed to have two sessions, that limits the problems if there's a clash. Talks will add to the problem though. 

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

No, I'm not a new attendee but I do have a question. :D

A family member of mine said they will buy me a diamond pass so long as I pay them back after I get paid, which is nice of them. My question is, the pass will be in my name but will be bought by someone else who will not be attending the event. In this instance, can I pick up the diamond pass as it is in my name? Or do I need a written note from the buyer saying I can collect it or something like that?

There's a field for name of ticket holder. Your name goes in there. Then all is well. If you want to play 110 percent sure a note saying the ticket was bought for you won't hurt.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 6:06 PM, Raylenth said:

It depends on what you want to do and who you want to see.  Generally 8 is a good time but if you want to try for a lot of the big names on the VQ system getting there early is advisable.

thank you for replying 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:02 AM, Chrycach said:

Thank You @Raylenth for the advice on my question & my post, that will make it easier for me now to book the photo ops.

Just another question if you don’t mind, can you join an autograph queue at anytime with the diamond pass? 

No. Diamond Passes are day specific, and are called in number order. So you can only go on the day you selected after your number has been called. After your number was called it does not matter when you show up, as long as it is on the same day. Just don't leave it until the very last minute that day please.

5 minutes ago, ashyslashy said:

i filled in a form for extra help but i didnt get an email confirming  it what happens now  

What e-mail confirmation did you expect? Confirming you got the extra help pass, or a confirmation your e-mail was received? It's still several months until the show with shows happening inbetween. They'll get back to you in plenty of time if there's an issue.

Hi guys, newbie here. This is probably a silly question but I have to know, as I'll come to the Comic Con just to see Jason Momoa. Can you see him with a normal entry ticket? I mean, how close can you get without special passes and stuff? Will I be able to take pictures of him with my phone or will he be like a million miles away from us "commoners"?

Thanks in advance xx

5 hours ago, HelenP said:

Hi guys, newbie here. This is probably a silly question but I have to know, as I'll come to the Comic Con just to see Jason Momoa. Can you see him with a normal entry ticket? I mean, how close can you get without special passes and stuff? Will I be able to take pictures of him with my phone or will he be like a million miles away from us "commoners"?

Thanks in advance xx

Last year he was signing autographs inside a "room". So there was no chance to see him without paying for an auto or a photo.