New Attendees Advice Thread

R4wly97

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

Bit of further advice, @David1993, so Jason's announcement thread doesn't go off topic, but don't forget to buy your entry ticket as well, cos it's not included in the Diamond Pass price. :smile:

Oh yeah, I got it yesterday as well, thank you!:thumbup:

Sorry for not checking this thread before, just new to this forum, apologies

Edited by David1993
forgot to mention something

I've been going to these events since 2005 but need some advice:

Am planning on attending Sunday and will get there at an hour before opening or maybe 90 mins before if I can. Am planning on trying to meet Lana Parilla, Robert Carlyle,  emilie De ravin and Christina ricci (at the moment). I've never tried to meet so many on diamond passes without a diamond pass before,  I normally decide to meet 2 on diamond pass without getting 1. Depending on how quick they sign and vts should this be possible in 1 day ???

15 minutes ago, Abigail94 said:

I've been going to these events since 2005 but need some advice:

Am planning on attending Sunday and will get there at an hour before opening or maybe 90 mins before if I can. Am planning on trying to meet Lana Parilla, Robert Carlyle,  emilie De ravin and Christina ricci (at the moment). I've never tried to meet so many on diamond passes without a diamond pass before,  I normally decide to meet 2 on diamond pass without getting 1. Depending on how quick they sign and vts should this be possible in 1 day ???

I'd say if you get there as early as you possibly can and then go straight up to the signing area you should be ok, but of course we won't know until the event itself how quickly they sign etc, and getting 4 autos in one day isn't an unreasonable number. Hope this helps. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Hi,

Newbie here :WAVE:

Just have a question about photos as previously I’ve only attended a different convention. 

Do I need to purchase 2 photo ops for to have 2 people in the photo? And if I purchase a diamond pass am I still only allowed 1 person in the photo?

Thank You :D

Edited by Chrycach
Mentioned another con

57 minutes ago, Chrycach said:

Hi,

Newbie here :WAVE:

Do I need to purchase 2 photo ops for to have 2 people in the photo? And if I purchase a diamond pass am I still only allowed 1 person in the photo?

Thank You :D

Hi welcome to the forum Chrycach.  First of all you can't mention other organisers/events I'm afraid so please can you edit your post to remove the name of the other event.  And yes, it's one person per ticket I'm afraid, so you can have 2 people in the photo but each will need a ticket - you do get a photo taken for each ticket though and one print of each, so you can do a different pose for the second pic if you want.

Diamonds are also per person but if you buy a diamond pass and want to be in the pic with a friend you can still do so, they will need to buy their own photo ticket and you can go through with them - Diamonds are called first to shoots but can go later in the queue if they wish, but for standard batch holders they need to wait until their group has been called to join the line, so they can't come through with you as that would be jumping the queue, but you can wait until your friends group is called and go through with them.  Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1