Digital photo's for 2018

Raylenth

15 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

Reading about this stolen laptop, it seems there was no contingency to account for rare, but possible circumstances like stolen laptops or HD failures.

Surely photos are being saved to card as well as being sent to the laptops for printing? And after each photosession somebody is tasked with copying the data to a 3rd device.

As with everything every where, the system is fine until it isn't any more.  Hopefully they will put now procedures in place now that this has happened but unfortunately there is always a point in any system where something can happen.

I've posted it somewhere on the last 4 pages. Of Course photos are backed up regularly from the Laptops. As it has been learned from this case, it's not been regularly enough. Could have been the shoots overrunning killing the buffer. Could have been pretty much anything. I am sure next time the backup Points will be set much more tight.

I am not sure about the camera models the photographers use, but I know mine does not allow me to send to the Laptop at the same time as saving to Card. It's an either or Thing.

• 1 month later...

Hey, just a curious question. What happened to the Friday gallery for LFCC 2018 digital photos? They don't appear to be there anymore. Has something happened? I'm glad I ordered and downloaded my Friday photo when I did! 

15 minutes ago, Liv said:

Hey, just a curious question. What happened to the Friday gallery for LFCC 2018 digital photos? They don't appear to be there anymore. Has something happened? I'm glad I ordered and downloaded my Friday photo when I did! 

That was by no means intentional. I'll let the office know.