Digital photo's for 2018

Raylenth

Hello everyone,

I have a serious question to ask and I would like a serious and mostly, a logical, honest answer. (NOT policy kind of answers PLEASE.)
Is there any logical reason why we need to pay an additional £4.99 in order to download EACH photo, the photos that we already PAID at the first place during the photo shoot purchase before the con? I mean, really, what's that for? Anywhere, when you are buying a photo shoot, they give you a) the print photo and b) the digital photo. So what's the reason for this? I would like to know seriously why I need to pay an ADDITIONAL money - and that much per photo- and not be included for example in the photo shoot purchase in the first place? Now I need about 80£ to download the photos that I've already paid?Seriously??

29 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Is there any logical reason why we need to pay an additional £4.99 in order to download EACH photo, the photos that we already PAID at the first place during the photo shoot purchase before the con?

The simple answer: Because the photo shoot tickets only include a physical copy of the photo. The download is an extra service you have to pay for.

If the digital version of the photo had been included in the photo shoot ticket then you would still have to pay those £4.99, but they would have been added to the photo shoot price. (Plus SM would have to change their system to make it work).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The simple answer: Because the photo shoot tickets only include a physical copy of the photo. The download is an extra service you have to pay for.

If the digital version of the photo had been included in the photo shoot ticket then you would still have to pay those £4.99, but they would have been added to the photo shoot price. (Plus SM would have to change their system to make it work).

A photo shoot ticket SHOULD include everything, print and digital. That's how it is everywhere else, that's how photography works, simple as that.
I wouldn't have a problem paying those  £4.99 if were INCLUDED in the photo shoot ticket, I would be happy to do that, it's fair, honest and logical. You are buying once, NOT twice the same thing, you know what I mean? A photo shoot should include ALL options, both print and download and have a single price.

The download as ONLY an extra paying service is simply illogical and unfair, this doesn't exist anywhere and it doesn't make any sense, sorry. I find it unfair for both the fans and the actors which I bet the most (actors) don't know about that. Sorry but fair is fair.

It would be an important improvement if the download was FREE for everyone and the photo shoot ticket price includes EVERYTHING.

With all do respect but also the sense of logic and fairness,
Harris

28 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

The download as ONLY an extra paying service is simply illogical and unfair

It is completely logical and fair from the perspective of someone who doesn't buy and download the photos. I'm sorry that you are disappointed with what is included in the photo shoot tickets, but it is clearly stated in the description of the ticket what is included which you should have read when you purchased the ticket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Hello everyone,

I have a serious question to ask and I would like a serious and mostly, a logical, honest answer. (NOT policy kind of answers PLEASE.)
Is there any logical reason why we need to pay an additional £4.99 in order to download EACH photo, the photos that we already PAID at the first place during the photo shoot purchase before the con? I mean, really, what's that for? Anywhere, when you are buying a photo shoot, they give you a) the print photo and b) the digital photo. So what's the reason for this? I would like to know seriously why I need to pay an ADDITIONAL money - and that much per photo- and not be included for example in the photo shoot purchase in the first place? Now I need about 80£ to download the photos that I've already paid?Seriously??

37 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It's a good thing Grumpy went away otherwise I'd be getting into trouble about now.

I'm ready to implode so I've got it ;)

35 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

A photo shoot ticket SHOULD include everything, print and digital. That's how it is everywhere else, that's how photography works, simple as that.
I wouldn't have a problem paying those  £4.99 if were INCLUDED in the photo shoot ticket, I would be happy to do that, it's fair, honest and logical. You are buying once, NOT twice the same thing, you know what I mean? A photo shoot should include ALL options, both print and download and have a single price.

The download as ONLY an extra paying service is simply illogical and unfair, this doesn't exist anywhere and it doesn't make any sense, sorry. I find it unfair for both the fans and the actors which I bet the most (actors) don't know about that. Sorry but fair is fair.

It would be an important improvement if the download was FREE for everyone and the photo shoot ticket price includes EVERYTHING.

With all do respect but also the sense of logic and fairness,
Harris

Sorry but your argument is based on your opinion only and has no basis.  Staying within the rules of the forum here but that's not how other events work.  Most other UK organisers also charge for digital copies so sorry, you do not get to dictate to the organisers how it should be.  Also that's not 'how photography works'  Photography works by a person pointing a device at something and taking a picture, nothing more.  Commerce however works differently.  A has something  B wants.  B gives money or trade to A to get item.  You paid for a photoshoot and a 6x9 printout.  And that's exactly what you got.  No mention of the jpegs being included was ever made nor implied and if you assumed it would be that's totally on you I'm afraid.

It costs SM to get the jpegs as the photographer will charge for them, they also have to pay to host them for eternity - they are a business, they pass that cost on to us.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 3

So is it expensive to buy all the jpegs?  Yes unfortunately it is, but you don't have to buy them all at once, they are pretty much on the site forever so buy one a month and spread the cost.  Or as Viking suggested find somewhere you can scan them.  Unless you really specifically need the jpegs, scanning is usually enough for most purposes.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I'm ready to implode so I've got it ;)

Sorry but your argument is pointless and based on your opinion only.  Staying within the rules of the forum here but that's not how other events work.  Most other UK organisers also charge for digital copies so sorry, you do not get to dictate to the organisers how it should be.  Also that's not 'how photography works'  Photography works by a person pointing a device at something and taking a picture, nothing more.  Commerce however works differently.  A has something  B wants.  B gives money or trade to A to get item.  You paid for a photoshoot and a 6x9 printout.  And that's exactly what you got.  No mention of the jpegs being included was ever made nor implied and if you assumed it would be that's totally on you I'm afraid.

It costs SM to get the jpegs as the photographer will charge for them, they also have to pay to host them for eternity - they are a business, they pass that cost on to us.

I respect your opinion but sorry, my opinion is not pointless, that is just your opinion only. Ok, I know it's business, I know the rules, I know how this works here, I knew what I was buying and what I will get, but that's NOT my point! You can't pay for the same thing twice, that's all I'm trying to say! If you buy a cinema ticket for example, it will make sense to pay two different prices for it? That's what I'm trying to say here, Jesus!!

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

So is it expensive to buy all the jpegs?  Yes unfortunately it is, but you don't have to buy them all at once, they are pretty much on the site forever so buy one a month and spread the cost.  Or as Viking suggested find somewhere you can scan them.  Unless you really specifically need the jpegs, scanning is usually enough for most purposes.

yes it is expensive but I will buy the jpegs, that's for sure. Just waiting for the rest of my photos to be appear on the gallery. 

1 minute ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

I respect your opinion but sorry, my opinion is not pointless, that is just your opinion only. Ok, I know it's business, I know the rules, I know how this works here, I knew what I was buying and what I will get, but that's NOT my point! You can't pay for the same thing twice, that's all I'm trying to say! If you buy a cinema ticket for example, it will make sense to pay two different prices for it? That's what I'm trying to say here, Jesus!!

I said your argument was pointless, not your opinion.  It's based on false logic. Ie you are basing your statement on what some other events do.  You aren't buying the same thing twice.  You paid for and got a physical picture. 

If you buy a cinema ticket they don't give you a copy of the dvd when you leave.  That is what you are saying even if you argue that you aren't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

If you buy a cinema ticket for example, it will make sense to pay two different prices for it? That's what I'm trying to say here, Jesus!!

You pay for the cinema ticket, then later you buy the DVD. The DVD is not included in the cinema ticket.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Cinemas doesn't sell DVDs. That's another different job, they are only selling tickets, what do you mean?

Yes we know that, but that's the nearest equivalent we can give of what you are arguing even if you don't agree.

18 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

I really can't believe that you actually don't understand what I mean, But if you don't, then there's no point for me on explaining further..

Let me try and help.

You're saying that you knew exactly what you were paying for, got exactly what you were paying for, knew that the thing you weren't paying for wasn't included, are now willing to pay for that thing, but are unhappy that you are paying twice for the same thing.

What's difficult to understand about that?

• Like 1

Just for the record, I don't quite get the issue either. 

You are not paying for the same thing twice. If you booked a photo shoot ticket you get a physical print of your picture, plus the collectors booklet. Nothing else is mentioned when you open a store listing.

The download is an extra service, thus the extra costs. You can tell by how long the upload took how much work is involved. If the cost was included in the ticket cost I can guarantee you the photo tickets would go up by 5 Pounds because those costs don't simply go away, they need to be covered. 

Not everyone is happy to pay those extra costs though, some will scan and some will just be happy with the print. So the system as it is now currently makes most sense.  

I'm not quite sure why that discussion in the first place, but maybe it's the meds. What exactly would you like to see Starfighter? A photoshoot ticket option in the store that covers the download from the start? As I said above, I doubt it is generally going to happen. And to add one with download and one without download is redundant and duplicate work for the store people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Just for the record, I don't quite get the issue either. 

You are not paying for the same thing twice. If you booked a photo shoot ticket you get a physical print of your picture, plus the collectors booklet. Nothing else is mentioned when you open a store listing.

The download is an extra service, thus the extra costs. You can tell by how long the upload took how much work is involved. If the cost was included in the ticket cost I can guarantee you the photo tickets would go up by 5 Pounds because those costs don't simply go away, they need to be covered. 

Not everyone is happy to pay those extra costs though, some will scan and some will just be happy with the print. So the system as it is now currently makes most sense.  

I'm not quite sure why that discussion in the first place, but maybe it's the meds. What exactly would you like to see Starfighter? A photoshoot ticket option in the store that covers the download from the start? As I said above, I doubt it is generally going to happen. And to add one with download and one without download is redundant and duplicate work for the store people. 

Queen_Sindel,:

I will not take the time to explain to you, and that's simply because you are RUDE! ("but maybe it's the meds?")
Fix your manners first and then talk to me.  

• Thanks 1