General Chat

Raylenth

2 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Yep, it was a very dark time when we didn't have the forum. lol

We had to resort to stalking ourselves between events

1 hour ago, Dent_1 said:

And what about the topic on Diamond Passes that seems to have disappeared? 

The mods probably had to hide it for various reasons

2 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

And what about the topic on Diamond Passes that seems to have disappeared? 

Probably because you were making a whole topic about how Showmasters should run the DP part of their convention on their own forum. Also everything you said (most of it was very postive but there is still a negative part) could scare potential DP buyers. There is also a difference between posting some small feedback on a topic like this or creating a whole new topic for it. 

Dent: I had closed that Diamond Pass topic with an explanation and even explained that technically I should hide it, but I would leave it on until you had seen it. Seems someone else decided hiding was necessary straight away. 

It is hidden and has not "disappeared". The mods never delete topics, we make sure SM has the chance to see everything. There's just some stuff that we can't leave visible for everyone. I know some people don't believe us when we post this, but that's how we do.

The reasons were basically what batflash has posted, plus the way it was written it contained very thinly veiled pricing complaints. Posts of this kind are being removed. 

Is there any chance of un-pinning the threads so we don’t have to navigate to the second page to read the most recent posts? I get why the pinned posts are there but the shows over now so I don’t see why those threads take precedence now, thanks

I was sad to see, (or rather not see?) the DP thread was no longer there. As Dent says I’m a supporter of the DP’s but there is a very tangible fear that they are no longer going to be the invincible way of guaranteeing the autograph- you just have to read between the lines in the Tom Baker thread to see how worried people were when extra DP’s were announced after they sold out. As Dent says the fact that Tom had to stay on vindicates these fears imo.

i thought the DP was a great idea but Im afraid of it being supplanted by an even more expensive platinum pass or some such costing even more to confer the rights the DP passes were invented to give...

@Dent_1

You just have to live with the rules, you don't have to agree with them. I understand what you say, I really do but is there any occasion you didn't get your autograph when you had a DP for a guest? Tom Baker is getting older and just like to talk to his fans so it's hard to predict how much DPs they can sell but in the end, every guest got his autograph. Matt Smith went missing for an hour in july, main reason he had to stay late but that hasn't got anything to do with overselling. 

Edited by The_batflash123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Is there any chance of un-pinning the threads so we don’t have to navigate to the second page to read the most recent posts? I get why the pinned posts are there but the shows over now so I don’t see why those threads take precedence now, thanks

I second this 

13 hours ago, Diabolik said:

I was sad to see, (or rather not see?) the DP thread was no longer there. As Dent says I’m a supporter of the DP’s but there is a very tangible fear that they are no longer going to be the invincible way of guaranteeing the autograph- you just have to read between the lines in the Tom Baker thread to see how worried people were when extra DP’s were announced after they sold out. As Dent says the fact that Tom had to stay on vindicates these fears imo.

i thought the DP was a great idea but Im afraid of it being supplanted by an even more expensive platinum pass or some such costing even more to confer the rights the DP passes were invented to give...

There's one other important reason why Tom stayed longer, something I personally did not expect: over the table photos. That really is an extraordinary thing to happen in a DP line. If he decided to want to give the fans this extra then yeah, the signing time will increase. No one ever believed us when we said the time for such photos adds up and that's why photos are stopped in busy lines. Now there's on hand experience. ;)

There are absolutely no plans to add passes of any other kind.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I did not meet Tom but what I understand he is a heck of a champ that do as much as he can do for his fans. He is not a youth so my hat off for the gentleman.

I'm just afraid fans will kill him with the amount of jelly babies always offered to him. 

• Haha 3