General Chat

Raylenth

The only Showmasters event I've been to previously is Destination Star Trek, so I was wondering if someone could answer a few basic questions on how things work at LCC so I don't have to spend too much time working it out on the day. Will there will prints on sale or is it best to bring items with you to get signed? Can I buy autograph tokens with a card or is it cash only?Will there be some sort of brochure/guide available to buy? Many thanks.

24 minutes ago, Captain Lucas said:

The only Showmasters event I've been to previously is Destination Star Trek, so I was wondering if someone could answer a few basic questions on how things work at LCC so I don't have to spend too much time working it out on the day. Will there will prints on sale or is it best to bring items with you to get signed? Can I buy autograph tokens with a card or is it cash only?Will there be some sort of brochure/guide available to buy? Many thanks.

There are free prints that you can get signed when you buy an autograph. You don't know which one they will have so if you want to risk it, bring your own item. You don't buy autograph tokens but you pay cash at the actor's table. I don't know if they will have a brochure/guide available since it's a smaller con than the summer edition.

1 minute ago, Captain Lucas said:

Thanks for the response. Generous giving free prints though shame no card payments. Does anyone know if there's a cash machine in or near the Olympia?

You should be able to buy vouchers at the sales desk with a card and use them to buy autographs. But the queue at the desk can get long at times, so cash might be easier.

Edited by Wrong Name

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

You should be able to buy vouchers at the sales desk with a card and use them to buy autographs. But the queue at the desk can get long at times, so cash might be easier.

I didn't even know that. What happens if you buy one for Diamond Pass guests and they won't get passed the Diamond Pass numbers? 

2 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I didn't even know that. What happens if you buy one for Diamond Pass guests and they won't get passed the Diamond Pass numbers? 

They are not guest specific, they are just £5, £10, £20 vouchers that you can use for any guest. I don't think they will refund you if you don't use a card but you'll have to check with them. They usually have use-by dates. Though I haven't used them in years so others might have a better idea than me.

Edited by Wrong Name

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

They are not guest specific, they are just £5, £10, £20 vouchers that you can use for any guest. I don't think they will refund you if you don't use a card but you'll have to check with them. They usually have useably dates. Though I haven't used them in years so others might have a better idea than me.

Let's stick to cash then. Not that I had other plans but that just seems like a risky business :huh:

38 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Carrying a bag full of cash? :lol:

Let me say that I put it in different places. If you ever want to rob me, don't forget to cut the sole of my shoe lose. If you think I make a joke, go on a scoutscamp where you can not bring money or anything eatable and they search you from head to toe when you go for a walk. And yes they really do check everything and when I say everything I mean everything. So you really had to have some creativity to hide your money. Aaaaaaah youth traumas, gotta love them :wacko:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

Let me say that I put it in different places. If you ever want to rob me, don't forget to cut the sole of my shoe lose. If you think I make a joke, go on a scoutscamp where you can not bring money or anything eatable and they search you from head to toe when you go for a walk. And yes they really do check everything and when I say everything I mean everything. So you really had to have some creativity to hide your money. Aaaaaaah youth traumas, gotta love them :wacko:

tenor.gif?itemid=9606647

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

That’s why I never joined any of those :uhoh: