LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - CHARLES DANCE

showmasters

25 minutes ago, riderj123 said:

Can' t freaking believe it. Just a month ago, I bought his autograph through autograph service from Munich Comic Con cause I feared I would not get to meet him in person.

As he's only in for a day, I am really disappointed but fingers crossed if I decided to come as there are some guests I would be interested in. I hope he doesn't cancel as he did on LFCC Summer cons (the one I usually go to) a couple of times.

Is there any chance that Charles would come to LFCC in July 2019?

Usually if guests can do other events they would be announced at the same time, but Charles is a semi regular on the con circuit, even if he does end up having to cancel a few, and also it's a long time until the next LFCC so who knows, many potential guests say 'contact me nearer the time to see if I'm free' which is why there's often bigger names announced late.

Hello

This is the first time I'm coming to London Spring Comic Con. I just want to make sure I'm clear on the autograph rules. I bought a Gold Pass for the weekend, and the gold pass states I don't need a virtual queue, does that apply to the big named guests? Being that Mr. Dance is appearing only on Saturday, I'm guessing his line will be mobbed. I've been going to Another event for years and I know how packed the bigger names lines become. From anyone who has been to this Con before can you give me an idea of how the autograph lines flow. 

Thanks

Edited by Bonome

6 minutes ago, Bonome said:

Hello

This is the first time I'm coming to London Spring Comic Con. I just want to make sure I'm clear on the autograph rules. I bought a Gold Pass for the weekend, and the gold pass states I don't need a virtual queue, does that apply to the big named guests? Being that Mr. Dance is appearing only on Saturday, I'm guessing his line will be mobbed. I've been going to  for years and I know how packed the bigger names lines become. From anyone who has been to this Con before can you give me an idea of how the autograph lines flow. 

Thanks

The only guests it doesn't apply to are those guests with a Diamond pass Bonome.  As Charles is a Diamond guest, you will need to get a VQ for him.

Adittionally you aren't allowed to mention other events so can you edit your post to remove the name.  You can say 'another event'

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Bonome said:

Thank You for the information.

I'm sorry I didn't know the rules in regards to other events, thank you for letting me know.

That's fine, no one expects new members to be prefect.  

I meant to add as well about the rest of your question.

Get the VQ as soon as you get in so you can go off and do other things, don't stop and look at traders ect, you can come back to those.  The physical line should only have about 30 people or so in it at a time to keep it manageable, so just keep popping back throughout the day and check where they have got to.  There will be a small whiteboard up about for each guests queue where they write where they have called to.  They will start with the Diamonds for Charles and will call in small groups, so D1-30, then D1-60 and D1-90 and so on.  If they make good time and get through them they will call the VQ holders in the same manner, so it will then go All Diamonds, VQ 1-30 ect.  Once your number has been called you can join the queue at any time after that.  Having a VQ is not a guarantee of an auto as it is just a place in the queue.  Some guests go quickly so even being a diamond they may get through a lot of people, including VQ holders but it really depends on the speed of the guest.  If they are slow or a chatter they may not get through many at all and may not reach VQ's.  All you can do is get your ticket and hope.

There aren't many guests who don't see many people but it can happen obviously.

• RoadRunner unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been trying to meet Dance again since LFCC 2012!

He is a phenomenal actor, great in everything he is in, and I am always glad to see his convention prices have remained reasonable for fans over the years, despite joining franchises like Game of Thrones. Hoping he does not cancel on this show.

14 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

Have been trying to meet Dance again since LFCC 2012!

He is a phenomenal actor, great in everything he is in, and I am always glad to see his convention prices have remained reasonable for fans over the years, despite joining franchises like Game of Thrones. Hoping he does not cancel on this show.

You and me both :whistling: