how does Destination differ from normal Showmaster cons?

Midnight

23 minutes ago, Dazandymat said:

I heard a rumor that this show's autographs don't include the standard free 8x10 picture and you have to bring your own. Sounds like BS to me but can anyone confirm or disprove this and put my mind at ease?

Thanks.

That's correct I'm afraid but you don't have to bring your own.  For DST (And Sherlocked) because they are a specific type of show the terms they operate under are a bit different to Showmasters usual shows.  I think it's to do with licensing but I may be wrong, but it means they can't include the 8x10's in the auto price.  There will be pictures available at the show and they will be high quality but you do have to pay for them.  Sometimes they have different sizes as well so they may have a selection of A3ish if you fancy bigger ones.  I can't 100% tell you what they will cost but at the last Sherlocked I think they were £3 each for the 8x10's or you paid slightly less if you brought 3or 5 ect.

• Like 1

Oh and they will have Destination Star trek printed on them in a corner of all the 8x10's.  I found picture of an auto from the Sherlocked events so you can see what I mean.

Image result for Autographs from Sherlocked convention

Edited by Raylenth

29 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

That's correct I'm afraid but you don't have to bring your own.  For DST (And Sherlocked) because they are a specific type of show the terms they operate under are a bit different to Showmasters usual shows.  I think it's to do with licensing but I may be wrong, but it means they can't include the 8x10's in the auto price.  There will be pictures available at the show and they will be high quality but you do have to pay for them.  Sometimes they have different sizes as well so they may have a selection of A3ish if you fancy bigger ones.  I can't 100% tell you what they will cost but at the last Sherlocked I think they were £3 each for the 8x10's or you paid slightly less if you brought 3or 5 ect.

Thank you very much for clearing that up (and so quickly). Do you know if you have to queue at a separate stand in order to purchase your prints or do they just add a surplus to the autograph price at the signing table?

4 minutes ago, Dazandymat said:

Thank you very much for clearing that up (and so quickly). Do you know if you have to queue at a separate stand in order to purchase your prints or do they just add a surplus to the autograph price at the signing table?

If it's the same format as at Sherlocked, they won't be at the signing desk, they will be set up at a different table somewhere in the venue, usually there will be at least 2 desks, and you buy them there.  As you can imagine with the number of people there it does mean the photo desks are busy so allow time for that.

• Like 1

There is definitely a separate desk. I would advise getting prints beforehand and bringing them with you if you want to grab VC’s or get into a queue first thing. The desk is always insanely busy first thing in the morning and people are trying to grab them and there’s very little order to the queueing. It took me quite a while to grab what I needed. They have sold out of some of the more popular ones in the past too.. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

Normally I buy Trek-related 8 x 10s at the show, but I'd like to bring a non-Star Trek 8 x 10 to be signed - is that OK?   Don't normally do that for a specific show-related con, but don't want to assume I can, either.

It's fine, you can bring what you want.  The 8x10's sold there are licensed which is why they have to charge for them but that doesn't mean you can't bring your own non licensed stuff, or items related to other works the guests have been in.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

Just an FYI, this was just posted on Fbook about traders:

We have a variety of vendors at this years event all geared up to provide your Star Trek merchandise needs. From event merchandise to our official Star Trek shop we have lots for you to add to your collection. With top brands such as ANOVOS, Eaglemoss, Pyramid, Away Mission, Legend Distribution, Celebrity Ink Autographs and Silver Screen all having booths and our Ferengi Bazaar selling retro toys, collectibles, bespoke clothing, comics and even Star Trek chocolates, there will be plenty to browse and take some new treasures home.

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

Spockolates?

Tuvokolates? Martokolates?

Mars, Galaxy, Milky (Jane)Way?

KitDuKat? Chockotay?

NeeTwix?

Rikerly Wurly? Seven of Lion Bar?

Jean Luc Picnicard?

James BounT. Kirk?

Oh wow Nate, those are absolutely fantastic, I've never seen any better names matching the characters to chocolate, you are teriffic.  You need to trade mark them quickly and you can have your own chocolate stand selling them next time

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Woah, please, don't be so effusive with your praise. I wouldn't want to get a big head after my spectacular 3000th post.

3000, practically a noob.

And stop editing my comments just so you can be grumpy in reply

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Oh wow Nate, those are absolutely fantastic, I've never seen any better names matching the characters to chocolate, you are teriffic.  You need to trade mark them quickly and you can have your own chocolate stand selling them next time

That's more like it.

33 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

3000, practically a noob.

The effort that has gone into carefully crafting each post into a delicately balanced, subtly nuanced work of art is quite frankly astounding.

You're all welcome.

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Just an FYI, this was just posted on Fbook about traders:

We have a variety of vendors at this years event all geared up to provide your Star Trek merchandise needs. From event merchandise to our official Star Trek shop we have lots for you to add to your collection. With top brands such as ANOVOS, Eaglemoss, Pyramid, Away Mission, Legend Distribution, Celebrity Ink Autographs and Silver Screen all having booths and our Ferengi Bazaar selling retro toys, collectibles, bespoke clothing, comics and even Star Trek chocolates, there will be plenty to browse and take some new treasures home.

Excellent news there will be plenty of traders,  I had seen Star Trek Starships (Eaglemoss) has confirmed they were there coming.  Make sure now I’ve got plenty of money to bring.  Had been looking for a Seven Of Nine figure for Jeri Ryan to sign.

hopefully one of the traders will have one 

Edited by brooketessmacherfan

On 10/5/2018 at 8:53 AM, Raylenth said:

It's fine, you can bring what you want.  The 8x10's sold there are licensed which is why they have to charge for them but that doesn't mean you can't bring your own non licensed stuff, or items related to other works the guests have been in.

I’ve brought my own items to conventions be signed and not had any issues.  Got my Star Wars Blu-ray box set signed by Kenny Baker & Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and at LFCC2014 Brooke Adams signed all her impact Wrestling merchandise I had of hers